• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hello all!

Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2012
    Apparently I've been signed up for this site for a while, but I haven't posted yet. I just kind of came back recently because I'm getting back into ROM hacking again. I'm working on the planning stages at the moment, so I'm not really asking for help. I have tried to find help before and it never really pans out well. I think a lot of people are planners more than doers, so I want to try and get proof of concept going before I go crazy. :/

Years
  • Heya Ulcis, welcome to PC! Glad you decided to start getting involved in the community, that's a good first step. :3

ROM hacking is pretty popular around here so there's lots of tutorials, mods, resources, and other neat things available for you to use in the Emulation section if you ever need it. What game are you planning on hacking right now (brownie points if it's a 2nd or 3rd gen game haha)? I've played a lot of hacks before myself and it's actually the reason I found out about PC to begin with, so it's always great to see people working on adding more to our growing collection. Buut it's definitely great to plan it all out first, since improvising probably isn't the best idea when it comes to making hacks. xD; Anything else you're interested in besides hacking?

But yeah, even though you made your first post a whole year after joining, it's never too late to get involved in the community. Hopefully things are to your liking here and you become an active member around the forum. Just make sure to read the rules and all as they're extremely important and most importantly, have fun here! :D

Cory2012

The Great Detective~
    Years
  • Hey there Ulcis..Welcome To PC...Wow...Ur a Rom hacker??Same to me too..I've been a rom hacker about 1 year now...xD...Maybe we can help each other out...but don't worry if u still wanna learn about rom hacking..you can find a section here called emulation..There's many tutorial you can see and try..Anyways..you can message me if u have something to ask ok..Even about rom hacking...Chris2Ash Signed Out..:)

Froslass

Ice Champion
    Years
  • Hey Ulcis! Welcome to PC! We hope you enjoy your stay here. Glad to see you're now part of the community. ROM hacking is actually quite popular around here, so you can find a few tips and tricks if you need some!
    Hope to see you around! I'm here if you want to talk. :D

Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2012
    Thanks people. Pretty surprised to be getting much of a response. lol

I've never actually done much hacking before. I've looked at the tools and I've had good ideas, but nothing has turned concrete so far.

As to the game I'm wanting to hack, it's probably going to be Fire Red, since it has the most tools and hacks. I've got fairly decent plans in my head, but it's going to require some help eventually, probably. I want to use pokemon from every generation, but the Pokedex will probably be limited as I'm going to set this in a future where several species have gone extinct. Anyways, yep. I've got a lot to learn about and I would love to chat. ^_^

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
    Years
  • Hiya Ulcis <3! Awesome username you've got there, I kind of like it :D. I swear ROM Hacking is one of the most popular if not most popular section here on PC. There's everything there, it's filled with great tips,tutorials,guides and helpful,talented users. Firered does get hacked most of the time and I'm sure with some help, your game can be one of the best out there. I'm sure people will be chatting crazily about it for months :D! If you do publish the game, can you tell me :3, I'd love to see it sometime!

Unfortunately I can't help as I have absolutely, repeat, absolutely no knowledge of hacking. I can't get around scripts, coding and all that complicated hacking stuff, so you must be a talented one to create a game <3.

Anything else you plan to do at PC? We have various sections related to Pokemon or not, maybe you'd be interested in Art,Writing or trivia, other discussions, who knows :D? So enjoy browsing other sections as well while you're at it :).

I'm Rainbow by the way, feel free to chat anytime :D.Make sure you do read the rules to refresh your memory and other than that enjoy your return to PC <3. I'll see you around,alright :D?

Years
  • Apparently I've been signed up for this site for a while, but I haven't posted yet. I just kind of came back recently because I'm getting back into ROM hacking again. I'm working on the planning stages at the moment, so I'm not really asking for help. I have tried to find help before and it never really pans out well. I think a lot of people are planners more than doers, so I want to try and get proof of concept going before I go crazy. :/

Hello Ulcis, and welcome.

Like what Rainbow said, Emulation is one of our popular (if not most popular) forum on PC, particularly its ROM Hacking subforum. It's got everything you need there, including tips, tutorials, tools, resources and loads of talented hackers. Gen 3-based hacks are really popular but I have absolutely zero knowledge or talent in ROM hacking.

We also have loads of other places too, so you don't get bored. I'm active in most parts of the forum so you'll probably see me a lot. Have fun here and feel free contact a moderator anytime.

I'm Hikari, and it's glad to have met ya!

- Hikari10

Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2012
    Hiya Ulcis <3! Awesome username you've got there, I kind of like it :D. I swear ROM Hacking is one of the most popular if not most popular section here on PC. There's everything there, it's filled with great tips,tutorials,guides and helpful,talented users. Firered does get hacked most of the time and I'm sure with some help, your game can be one of the best out there. I'm sure people will be chatting crazily about it for months :D! If you do publish the game, can you tell me :3, I'd love to see it sometime!

Unfortunately I can't help as I have absolutely, repeat, absolutely no knowledge of hacking. I can't get around scripts, coding and all that complicated hacking stuff, so you must be a talented one to create a game <3.

Anything else you plan to do at PC? We have various sections related to Pokemon or not, maybe you'd be interested in Art,Writing or trivia, other discussions, who knows :D? So enjoy browsing other sections as well while you're at it :).

I'm Rainbow by the way, feel free to chat anytime :D.Make sure you do read the rules to refresh your memory and other than that enjoy your return to PC <3. I'll see you around,alright :D?

Awww, thanks. I actually know nothing about actual scripting and hacking either, but I'm open to learning and there are several tools that look pretty easy to learn. It'll be down to the actual scripting and art where I'll need to recruit some help. :/

Hello Ulcis, and welcome.

Like what Rainbow said, Emulation is one of our popular (if not most popular) forum on PC, particularly its ROM Hacking subforum. It's got everything you need there, including tips, tutorials, tools, resources and loads of talented hackers. Gen 3-based hacks are really popular but I have absolutely zero knowledge or talent in ROM hacking.

We also have loads of other places too, so you don't get bored. I'm active in most parts of the forum so you'll probably see me a lot. Have fun here and feel free contact a moderator anytime.

I'm Hikari, and it's glad to have met ya!

- Hikari10

I know nothing about it either, really. But I figure if I get a proof of concept going other people might be more willing to get on board. :D

Back