• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hello Everybody!

Years
  • I'm 16 and just registered my account here. Mostly I'm interested in the older games preferring the first and second generations. Maybe this is because my first version was silver, which I'm still playing on my GBC.

I'm looking forward to meet new friends here, participate in the community and share my opinions and thoughts with you!

Smeargle

Illusory
    Years
  • Welcome to PC Ari.H

I gotta agree with you, Gold has stuck as my favorite game throughout all of the games.
    You definitely will find yourself at home in The Metal & Color Generations Section:
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36

As for making friends, the community here is very nice. You will have plenty of friends here in no time :).

Might I also ask you what you liked best about the older gens?
    For me in Gold It was the ability to revisit Kanto 4 years later.

Years
  • First of all: Thanks for your welcoming and the section advice. I'll check it out.

Well, what I like best about these games is ... the atmosphere. It's hard the describe but the music in connection to the story makes the game more mysterious and interesting. Remember the Ruins of Alph for example? I still haven't figured out where those radio waves were coming from. And also the Pokémon of course, which I think were designed unique and with great creativity, unlike for example Vanillite from the fifth Gen.

Years
  • I'm definitely in agreement with you. Pokemon games are very mysterious in certain scenes and aspects - it's why I adore theories so much. You never know what a fan will come up with that could make way more sense than you'd ever imagine. Leaving it up to our imaginations makes me even more curious and is a wonderful recipe for plenty of good fanfiction. :)

But welcome to PC, Ari! I lovelove your avatar as I'm a huge Larvitar fan, it's always hard to evolve mine since Pupitar and Tyranitar, although cool, will never match up to its cuteness. Though I plan to train one in my X version when I'm done breeding other Pokemon. Glad you're enjoying Silver! Be sure to check out the Metal/Color Generation Gaming board to discuss the first and second gens if you're mostly into them.

Keep on posting around and be sure to let the staff with blue, orange, and red names know if you need anything! We're all very friendly. Stick around as well, all right?

Years
  • Thanks for your welcoming too! I'm glad you seem to like Larvitar as much as I do. For me it's not only special because of it's appearance but also in the way it was portrayed in the anime and the fact that it's so hard to be caught. As Smeargle already recommended me to, I've taken a look at the Metal/Color Generation section, looks like there are some pretty interesting topics.

I also appreciate your willingness to help and don't worry, of course I'll stick around ;)

Back