• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hello everyone!

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2020
    I've read lots of posts on here before over the past few years, and finally decided it was time to make an account. I've been playing pokemon ever since ruby and sapphire first came out, and have never stopped. I've been on here a lot more recently since I've started my first ROM hack, and have found some great help on here. I hope I'll be able to get help from and exchange ideas with other members with some experience making hacks. Anyways, looking forward to talking to all of you!

Heya Fespy! Biiig welcome to PC yes.

ROM hacking's super lovely, it was the reason I joined the forum originally. Glad you're on your way to make a hack and I'm sure you'll have lots of fun learning over here! :') Let me know how it ends up; as a huge fan of playing hacks I'd love to go through your game. What game are you hacking? :o

Have a splendid time on the forum and be sure to ask if you need anything.

Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2014
    It's always crazy to me how someone can lurk for so long without registering! Welcome to PC, Fespy.

I'm glad you were able to find some ROM hacking help. This seems to be the home for this kind of stuff. I find them interesting, but the process do downloading them is so much harder without just a .gba file or whatever.

As I said, welcome to PC and let me know if you need anything.

Years
    I used to lurk here for years before joining 3 years ago, so yeah you are not alone in this case. Anyways, welcome to PC Fespy!

ROM hacking is pretty much one of the biggest reasons why we have new guys joining all the time. And given how a lot of the greatest hacks were made by PC members themselves it's not a surprise at all, plus not many Pokemon forums out there usually allow ROM hack discussions so that's what sets us apart. I'm sure you'll learn all the essential skills to making hacks over in ROM Hacking's Beginners Lounge, and you'll also find the tools and resources that are used by many of PC's hackers.

Well, good luck with your plans and I'm sure you can make a great hack. And while I may not be a hacker myself, that won't stop me from being able to have a chat so leave me a message whenever you want. Have fun around the forums Fespy!

- Hikamaru

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2020
    Thanks for the responses guys! I'm making a hack of emerald.
    So far I've made all gen 3 pokemon (except legendaries) available, made each trade-evolution pokemon evolve by level-up, and also changed a few stats and move sets around, like Flareon, for example. I've also made each TM available through purchasing either at the game corner, trainer tower, or a pokemart.

All of the legendaries not originally in emerald are going to be in extensions of places that you can only get to after the elite four. For instance, Mewtwo will be in a new room in the desert underpass. Also, I'm trying to develop a postgame plot where team Aqua and Magma team up to kidnap all of the legendaries, and it's up to you to defeat them and capture the legendaries.

Lastly, there will be a new town/route attached to littleroot town accessible only after the elite four. It will be a place where each section of it will have all high level pokemon of a specific EV. For example, there will be a cave with all Aggron/Steelix and what not.

I'll have a few more minor changes but that's mostly it for now. The thing I'm struggling with so far is how to make a trigger event- for example how to make trainers appear only after defeating the elite four or only after defeating a specific trainer etc.

Thanks again for the responses! I'd love to get some feedback/suggestions/help on this.

Last edited:
    Back