• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hello, everyone!

Years
  • I've been an avid Pokémon fan since my Dad introduced me to Pokémon Yellow when I was, like, 4 or 5. (Roughly fifteen years of Pokémania!) I love the games, anime (AmourShipping4LifeBRUH!), and the Adventures manga. The first Pokémon game I beat without the help of an Action Replay was Pokémon Black Version, which I beat 3 days after it was released in the U.S. (It was also the first game in which I encountered a shiny, specifically a Seviper.) I consider myself a hardcore softcore player, if that makes sense. I don't play competitively or anything like that, but I do take the games very seriously and I love them with a passion. I have a vast Pokémon collection in Ultra Sun (I have all 807 species available in those games and I'm only missing 2 bankable forms). It's been my goal for ages to complete a Living Pokédex with all forms, and I'm just about done.

As for my favorite Pokémon, I'd have to say Naganadel; it just looks cooler than a singularity of Ice-type Pokémon with Kyurem at its center. (But I'll give our Lord and Savior ARCEUS his due respect as well.)

Anyway, that's me. I'm usually not very active in online communities, but I think my passion for Pokémon will make this different. I look forward to spending time here with all of you!

TheeWizard

Brad
    Years
  • I've been an avid Pokémon fan since my Dad introduced me to Pokémon Yellow when I was, like, 4 or 5. (Roughly fifteen years of Pokémania!) I love the games, anime (AmourShipping4LifeBRUH!), and the Adventures manga. The first Pokémon game I beat without the help of an Action Replay was Pokémon Black Version, which I beat 3 days after it was released in the U.S. (It was also the first game in which I encountered a shiny, specifically a Seviper.) I consider myself a hardcore softcore player, if that makes sense. I don't play competitively or anything like that, but I do take the games very seriously and I love them with a passion. I have a vast Pokémon collection in Ultra Sun (I have all 807 species available in those games and I'm only missing 2 bankable forms). It's been my goal for ages to complete a Living Pokédex with all forms, and I'm just about done.

As for my favorite Pokémon, I'd have to say Naganadel; it just looks cooler than a singularity of Ice-type Pokémon with Kyurem at its center. (But I'll give our Lord and Savior ARCEUS his due respect as well.)

Anyway, that's me. I'm usually not very active in online communities, but I think my passion for Pokémon will make this different. I look forward to spending time here with all of you!

Hello!
    Welcome, it's great to meet you! I've been a fan of Pokémon for about 15 years as well!
    You have an impressive collection of Pokémon, if you've got all but 2 forms in Ultrasun, I hope you can find them!

Naganadel is an awesome Pokémon, I love that the shiny has the same colouration as a wasp.

I hope you have fun here!

Years
  • Hey! c:
    Welcome to the forums!
    I remember playing Yellow when I was at school, my friends and I used to sit on the field and trade Pokemon lol!
    Your dedication to completing your Pokédex is impressive, I wish I had that kind of patience. I've not yet caught any shinies (other than when I used my action replay playing LeafGreen I think? haha), or completed a Pokédex so I'm hoping I'll accomplish that with Shield! Speaking of which, are you playing any of the newer games? c:

Years
  • @TheeWizard

Thanks. I've been working on it for years and it is both rewarding and incredibly painful to be so close.

Naganadel's shiny is probably one of the best ones. I hate that it seems like half of all shinies are an ugly vomit-green ( like Tauros, Pidgey, or Rattata), or even the neon colored ones that just look totally unnatural (like Feraligatr and Mew).

Thanks!

(Sorry I didn't respond earlier, I'm in college and finals are happening, plus other things going on in my life.)

Last edited:
    Years
  • That's awesome! I've never even gotten close to a living dex, mostly due to all the time it takes. Props to you for that. Seems like you'll fit extremely well here so I hope you'll stick around :3c Welcome!

Years
  • @Sleepy (I'm with ya there on that one! lol)

Thanks!

That sounds like fun. I haven't really had many other friends who also play Pokémon, so I've been getting both versions since Diamond & Pearl.

Thanks! A good tip to complete the Pokédex is to use the Gen VI games (XY/ORAS), because all of the non-event exclusive Pokémon are available in those games. I had Pokémon from almost all of the families in my Sun, so I transferred them to Ultra Sun and bred & evolved them to get the others. The GTS is helpful, but you have to be really lucky because most of the offers are from idiot ten-year-olds who think that people are just lining up to trade their shiny, 6-IV, perfect EV & nature, Arceus for a friggin' Magikarp. (A little bit of hyperbole there, but not much.)

I've caught a few shinies: The Seviper I mentioned I don't have anymore because on that save file in Black, I started using PokéHex to hack in shiny max-IV, etc, Pokémon. I later deleted it because of this and completely forgot I had a legit shiny. Since then, I've got a shiny Tauros, Sigilyph, and Hariyama in the past two months in Ultra Sun (Tauros at full odds in Poni Wilds, Sigilyph in Ultra Space after getting the Shiny Charm, and the Hariyama also in the Poni Wilds after the Shiny Charm). I've also had a lot of good luck in Let's Go, Pikachu! The first shiny I got in that game was a doshdarn CHARIZARD flying on Route 1 when I was hunting Pidgey. It's actually really easy to get shinies in LGPE if you have patience. That Charizard was the first of FIVE shinies I caught on that day alone in that game.

It's all down to luck, but you can increase that luck if you know how. You'll get a shiny, eventually. Who knows, maybe all that lack of shiny luck will turn around later and you'll have a full, legit Shiny living Pokédex?

I am playing SwSh (I got both). I beat Sword on Nov 17 (25 and a half hours of game play). I have all new, non-version exclusive Pokémon/Forms available in Sword except an Authentic Polteageist (the first Sinistea I caught was Authentic--and that happened on my birthday; I'm convinced I've blown all my luck for the next year lol), but I haven't been able to get the Chipped Pot to evolve it yet.

But SwSh are entertaining and I really enjoy playing them (I got actual goosebumps during the final battle with the Champion), but I would say that they are from good games in the sense that they could have been SO much more.

Sorry this is so long winded and for not responding sooner. I'm going through finals in college and other personal stuff, so I'm a little swamped. :}

Years
  • @Sheep (I think you have a BAAAAAAAHD username) JK

Thanks! A lot of it is actually breeding, hatching, and evolving. And with my trusty level 100 Flame Body Talonflame and Roto Hatches in Ultra Sun, it actually goes pretty quick. I hope so too!

Back