• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hello fellow trainers!

Years
  • Good day, my name is Steven and I seem to me addicted to this game once again.

Been lurking about reading threads on this forum for the past week, but never got around to registering. Well what can I say, other than having picked up Pokémon again after 13 years after a recent trip to Prague where my friend showed up playing Black 2. It was safe to say that it had me intrigued to pick up a copy and re-live my teens.

I first started with Pokémon Red back in 1998/1999? and moved onto Yellow not long after. I then gave up playing with my gameboy colour before my interest in girls and partying took over and lost all interest with the franchise. Some of my favourite Pokémon back in the day were Charmander, Pikachu (Obviously, who didn't love it.) Mew and Togepi. I'm not sure today if you're able to obtain those through trading nowadays, but if anyone has any of those I could adopt, I would be entirely grateful. I've even started trying to breed myself with the Pokémon I have been able to conjure up through my travels, currently have: -

2 x Blitzle
    4 x Cubuchoo
    3 x Cleffa

Probably nothing special, but never the less always around and willing to trade if anyone needs any of those.

I hope to learn about everything that has changed within that time frame of being away from the game, I am especially interested with the trading threads and hope to grab some old school Pokémon, if that's possible. But hey, everyone seems rather helpful and knowledgeable around here, I'm sure someone could help me if I get stuck with anything.

Well, thanks for reading. I look forward to interacting with you all at some point.

Years
  • Hello Steven, welcome to the awesomeness that is PC.

We are one of the largest Pokemon forums in the universe, so you may get a little lost but many people, both staff and members alike are there to help you. Wind Heart already showed you the Trade Corner, where you can either do quick simple trades via the Quick Trade Thread or if you want to get into trading, set up a trade shop or join the Trade Corner chatroom. It's really fun but I don't usually hang out there.

Since you're also playing Black 2, why not head over to the Black 2 and White 2 section where you can discuss the games, ask questions in the Quick Questions thread, or even update your progress in the Travel Journal. I've been playing Black 2 since Christmas and I'm just training for the Elite Four right now. Pretty awesome games I have to say. We also have Pokemon Gaming Central if you want to discuss the Pokemon games in general.

Have a fun time here, and if you need anything just VM me.

- [supporter]Hikari10[/supporter]

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
    Years
  • Hey there Steven, if you need any help, I can help you, really. Just VM me :) . Oh, almost forgot xD. Welcome to PC! Like Wind Heart said, we have a Trade Corner there, it might be perfect for you. Hikari said the rest about Black and white 2...etc. We also have some adoption centers there. I don't hang out there. If your bored and have nothing to do, PKMN Trivia and Other Trivia might help you. There are many little games there. I love to hang out there, mainly on Other trivia. Make sure to read the rules first, ;).

Last edited:
    Years
  • Well thank you all very much for the welcome and information you've already supplied. I look forward to trying to get up to speed with every as soon as possible.

Years
  • Hey there, Steven! Welcome to our cozy little (big haha) forum on the web.

As Wind Heart suggested, we have a wonderful Trade Corner here where I'm sure you'll find whatever it is you need. And it's not a problem if you're just getting back into Pokemon - there are way more people like that here than you'd think, so you're not at all alone. I see new users join rather often who mention getting back into the series after as long as ten years of a break! I personally have been into the games since the days of Red and Blue in 1998/1999 (like you) and have yet to lose interest, so I can't say I can relate to that part of your story. But I do understand how it might be for people just getting into the franchise or coming back to it after a long break. PC is very PokeNewbie-friendly. <3;

But yeah, you're still able to catch most Pokemon, including older ones like Pikachu and Togepi. Maybe you can even try HeartGold and SoulSilver, the remakes of Gold/Silver that were released a few years ago. They were really good and a big upgrade over their predecessors, plus you'd be able to catch and trade over some of the Johto and Kanto Pokemon to your Black/White game. I might be biased though since I liked HG/SS and Johto happened to be one of my all-time favorite regions. Actually, I'd recommend trying a game from every generation that you've missed!

So yeah... have a blast here. Remember to read the rules and if you'd like to get to know other new users here, drop by the New Users' Hangout and make some posts! :D See you around~

Back