• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hello! Just an avid Pokéfan getting back into the game. I love to draw & paint, play Pokémon(duh), and drink coffee :o

Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2016
    Hello PC! I am Coltron (forgive the lame old highschool nickname). I am an avid Pokéfan, as I figure everyone here must be, as well as a doodler and sketcher. I love to paint and draw with ink and watercolors. I also really adore cutting my creations out and bringing them to life. I'm 23 years old and I am expecting my first child to be born here within these next two weeks :o The due date is this Monday, but we're more than likely going to have to wait atleast another week. Super excited, nervous, as well as ready to raise another generation of Pokéfans ;) Anyways I came to Pokécommunity to meet other fans, trade and re-attain my collection (came on hard times awhile back and had to sell my 3DS as well as my ENTIRE collection of games :o), and too share my art :) My friend code is: 1006-3180-8244 and I look forward to my time here! :)

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Hello PC! I am Coltron (forgive the lame old highschool nickname). I am an avid Pokéfan, as I figure everyone here must be, as well as a doodler and sketcher. I love to paint and draw with ink and watercolors. I also really adore cutting my creations out and bringing them to life. I'm 23 years old and I am expecting my first child to be born here within these next two weeks :o The due date is this Monday, but we're more than likely going to have to wait atleast another week. Super excited, nervous, as well as ready to raise another generation of Pokéfans ;) Anyways I came to Pokécommunity to meet other fans, trade and re-attain my collection (came on hard times awhile back and had to sell my 3DS as well as my ENTIRE collection of games :o), and too share my art :) My friend code is: 1006-3180-8244 and I look forward to my time here! :)
    Hello Coltron, and welcome to PC! Wow, did you make the pokémon in your avatar? They look super cute! If you haven't already, I hope you will start a gallery over in Art & Design and show us more c: it would be very nice!

Congratulations on expecting! I really wish you and the mother the best of luck <3 You should get a little Charmander onesie for the baby, or perhaps Pikachu, because they look so cute! Let us know how it goes, will you? (:

Aww, but you have a new 3DS now? Obviously, I mean, as you have a friend code haha. I recently got my first 3DS actually XD Haven't gotten far in my first modern pokémon game yet (X version) but I'm enjoying it! Hopefully I can raise pokémon to higher levels and start battling people for fun soon haha. Maybe we could trade and battle some eventually? Throw me a VM if you want to chit-chat about anything~ Hope to see you around!

Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2016
    @Archy: Thank you! We are definitely ready, but obviously nervous for the new challege. I'm more than sure I'll like it here. In fact, I've already made a topic here and have had tons of help right from the get-go here. I really appreciate it!

@rikadventure: Thank-You! Yes, those are a couple of them :) My two favorite starters in their final evolutions! (aside the Mega-Evolution of course hahaha). I did them with Crayola watercolors (as I am still using up the last of my trays I bought for practicing), though I do plan to invest in better supplies here soon and take on more challenging artwork. As I do, I will definitely open up a gallery here for viewing for sure :)

We are both very excited! That would be adorable! We've actually looked at a few hahaha But Pokémon is more my thing :) Though she supports my addiction to it hahahaha

Exactly! Yeah, I had a start on Y before I had to sell (among my collection of games was also SoulSilver :o :( TToTT, Diamond, and Black). But I am looking forward to it, and would love to have somebody to grow with and battle as well! Would you like me to send you my FC?

Caaethil

#1 Greninja Fan
    Years

Wow, congratulations on the child! Just remember to teach them some basic rules if they're going to become part of the next generation of Pokemon fans:
    1. Take the rose tinted goggles off, respect everybody's favourite Generation.
    2. Unless it is Gen 3, that was the worst. (jk)
    3. Inanimate object Pokemon are cool.
    4. Fairies are not dumb.

Nu, not the games! Anything but the games! I would sell my soul first... Anyway, welcome! I'm pretty new around here too, so let's hope the both of us can fit in to this community.

Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2016
    Wow, congratulations on the child! Just remember to teach them some basic rules if they're going to become part of the next generation of Pokemon fans:
    1. Take the rose tinted goggles off, respect everybody's favourite Generation.
    2. Unless it is Gen 3, that was the worst. (jk)
    3. Inanimate object Pokemon are cool.
    4. Fairies are not dumb.

Nu, not the games! Anything but the games! I would sell my soul first... Anyway, welcome! I'm pretty new around here too, so let's hope the both of us can fit in to this community.

Oh yeah, I actually really agree with the list! I prefer Gen. 2 myself (I know, I'm a Gen. 2 Elitist :P ), and I myself find Gen. 3 to be the worst hahahaha BUT I respect all games, and like the fact that there is such a variety. Some inanimate Pokémon I think are super rad! They're also far from a new concept seeing that Voltorb, Electrode, Magnemite, Magneton, Porygon and if you really think about it
    Oddish, Gloom, Vileplume, Execute, Executor, Geodude, Graveler, and Golem are all inanimate pokemon of Gen. 1? I don't mind fairy type, but I honestly believe that Light type really would have suited better BUT most of the Pokemon (most) suited the fairy type when they added it in. Besides that, I believe it's counter part types needed a weakness bad, and it really made sense. But as I said, Light seems waaaaay better a name for the type in my opinion. Also, yes! Oh and as little experience I've had here yet, everyone has been super radical and helpful!

Caaethil

#1 Greninja Fan
    Years
    Oh yeah, I actually really agree with the list! I prefer Gen. 2 myself (I know, I'm a Gen. 2 Elitist :P ), and I myself find Gen. 3 to be the worst hahahaha BUT I respect all games, and like the fact that there is such a variety. Some inanimate Pokémon I think are super rad! They're also far from a new concept seeing that Voltorb, Electrode, Magnemite, Magneton, Porygon and if you really think about it
    Oddish, Gloom, Vileplume, Execute, Executor, Geodude, Graveler, and Golem are all inanimate pokemon of Gen. 1? I don't mind fairy type, but I honestly believe that Light type really would have suited better BUT most of the Pokemon (most) suited the fairy type when they added it in. Besides that, I believe it's counter part types needed a weakness bad, and it really made sense. But as I said, Light seems waaaaay better a name for the type in my opinion. Also, yes! Oh and as little experience I've had here yet, everyone has been super radical and helpful!

I see what you mean, but I honestly think Light and Fairy are different enough that both could exist as types.

Light-Type encompasses visible light and celestial concepts (i.e. heaven/equivalent)

Fairy-Type is more to do with the magical creatures in stories. And that's basically what the Fairy-Type is supposed to be. It covers (or is able to cover in future Generations) myths (not just things that are fairy-like, space (Moonblast) and magic. It can also cover the themes of the Light-Type, but to a lesser extent. In other words, people might raise an eyebrow if the light bulb Pokemon (incoming Generation 7 inanimate object?) was a Fairy, because the Fairy-Type is not the same as the Light-Type.

Just as some examples of Pokemon which fit under the Fairy theme and not really the Light theme: Lunaala (Generation 7 Moon legendary, assuming that is the name and it is a fairy, which it could be), Swirlix, Snubbull, Marill and Cottonee. In fact, most Fairies, honestly. Those are just some of the more indisputable examples.

Okay, I like Fairies. Rant over. Uh... Welcome again!

Back