• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Intro] Hello PC!

Years
  • Hello PokéCommunity! I am Keyacom and would like to talk about myself.

Warning: I made this thread a few hours after registration because only then I realized I was still writing the first message!

When did you get into Pokémon?
    In 2016, when Pokémon GO was released in Europe. I chose Charmander, but then I was confused by the tedious PTC login process, so I stopped playing. In 2017, one of my classmates showed me how to play FireRed on a phone, and I was so excited to play, choosing Squirtle. I joined Pokémon GO on a new account in late June 2018, this time, picking Bulbasaur.​
    What's your favorite generation or favorite Pokémon?
    My favorite generation is generation 8! Toxtricity Amped is my favorite Pokémon.​
    What inspired you to join PC?
    I am a huge Pokémon fan right now. I wanted to find information about Pokémon The Last FireRed, but I was confused by the fact the search function on this forum is restricted to registered users. About the ROM hack in question, I heard about it from HoodlumCallum, and while I was watching an episode of his gameplay, I saw "This move can only be taught once" when taught by a move tutor (I saw this with Fire Punch being taught to a Raboot). I was clearly confused, so I wanted to find more information about the game itself.​
    What is your favorite ROM Hack so far?
    That's a hard pick! But among the ones I play, my favorite ones are Inclement Emerald and Radical Red.​
    Will you share more about yourself?
    Yes, I am a programmer. I simply LOVE JavaScript and Python. I am also developing my own Pokémon game in RPG Maker XP, and I still can't decide on many things: the name, the region name, town/city names, etc.​

Last edited:
    Years
  • Sorry if this thread's name is "Untitled", but I don't know how to change a thread's name, so accept it as is. I also missed the title field while writing the above message.

Years
  • Hello & Welcome!

Toxtricity is a great mon =3
    I had one on my first playthrough in SWSH =)
    Punk Rock + Overdrive/Boomburst is just grand xD

Sorry if this thread's name is "Untitled", but I don't know how to change a thread's name, so accept it as is. I also missed the title field while writing the above message.

At the bottom of your first post click 'Edit', then click on 'Use Full Editor' which shows up above it. You should be able to edit your thread title there.

Years
  • Welcome to PC Keyacom! I love ROM hacks myself, and you can find plenty over at our ROM Hack Studio section. I personally don't even use PC's search function, I just use Google and add "site:pokecommunity.com" (without the quotes) at the end. I end up finding things I need faster.

HoodlumCallum is also currently one of my fave LPers. I've binged almost all his recent playthroughs and he's helped reignite my love for Pokemon. Glad to encounter another fan :D

Anyway, if you need help with any more stuff, don't be afraid to ask :) Hope you enjoy your stay!

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Now this is the kind of intro thread I love. Not afraid to put themselves out there! Welcome to the community Keyacom! Also props on the programming knowledge. Lamguages like Python are so,etching I struggle with a lot.

DrWho42

ka kaw
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    hi there! welcome aboard! i'm sure we'll be able to help narrow down some names for your game project ;)

Years
  • I will keep this in mind as well! Also, I could use it for the Relic Castle forum because its search function also malfunctions.

xZippy

Strange Member
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Feb 5, 2022
    Not only good to have you on board, but someone who knows how to make a good introduction.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Spoiler:
    Welcome to PC! Nice introduction :D I haven't met many who think Gen 8 is the best, so that is refreshing, I have to say. I did like Toxtricity though and several other nice designs from Gen 8 ^^ I just haven't played Sword or Shield myself (yet) ahah. I hope your fangame will go well! Keep at it :3 Play around with names and ideas until something feels right~

Back