• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Intro] Hello there!

Years
  • Hello everyone, my username is Sapphirejas. My favourite games are Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon. My favourite Pokemon is Popplio. Unfortunatly, I can't afford a switch right now and I'm waiting and saving to get one... The starter I'm going to choose for Sword and Shield is Scorbunny and I think I'm going to choose Sprigatito for Violet and Scarlet because he is the cutest and appears to be based on a lynx! I love lynxes, so yeah... I'm waiting for his evolution though before I make my final decision.

Attachments

• Hello there!
      Popplio.png
      24.9 KB · Views: 14
    Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Hi Sapphirejas! Welcome to the community!

Definitely make sure you save up for a Switch! I promise it's so, so worth it. And you'll have plenty of time to play through ShSw before S&V come out too!

Also Popplio is a fantastic Pokémon and I love its evolution!

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Thank you! :) Primarina is so beautiful. What starter do you like the most for Violet and Scarlet?

Oh gosh I wouldn't be able to make a choice! This is the first gen in a long, long time where I've genuinely loved the design of every starter! I'm afraid I'm going to have to wait to see their evolutions before I'm able to give you a proper answer. ^^;;

Years
  • Ok. :) I'm going to be very busy with university this year, so I will play sword in small sessions so that I can slowly enjoy the game and not take too much of my studying time. :) What's your favourite sword and shield starter? Mine is Scorbunny! I fell in love with Goh's Scorbunny (which later evolved into Cinderace) in the anime. :) I have to wait to see more of the anime... :( Because I live in New Zealand and it takes a long time for Pokemon Journeys to come out on Netflix here... I waited over a year for the first season and I was overjoyed to see that it finally came out! :)

Years
  • Hello everyone, my username is Sapphirejas. My favourite games are Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon. My favourite Pokemon is Popplio. Unfortunatly, I can't afford a switch right now and I'm waiting and saving to get one... The starter I'm going to choose for Sword and Shield is Scorbunny and I think I'm going to choose Sprigatito for Violet and Scarlet because he is the cutest and appears to be based on a lynx! I love lynxes, so yeah... I'm waiting for his evolution though before I make my final decision.
    Welcome Sapphirejas! A New Zealander I see? Looks like you and I aren't super far off time-zone wise~ Reporting in from the Philippines here!

I'm currently trying to get through Ultra Moon myself, but have been taking so long with it due to several hiatuses :p I should do it like you plan to and play in short bursts consistently heh. I do agree that it's a solid game tho, and I picked Rowlet instead, so I think I can beat you in a match! But for real tho, Popplio's dope <3 Feel free to drop by Previous Generations btw if you wanna participate in discussions regarding this and the other older Pokemon titles :D We also got Pokemon General and Pokemon Gaming Central if that's to your fancy :3 Oh, and if you're active on Discord, make sure to stop by the Pokecommunity Discord Server too! We got plenty activity right now especially what with the new game announcements~

Best of luck with that Switch save up btw! I personally am not gonna get one myself due to it costing about 1/3 my current salary, thus me not being able to justify its price :p And make sure to stop by our Sword & Shield and Scarlet & Violet sections if you haven't yet :D Personally I'd pick Scorbunny as well for the former, then Fuecoco for the latter~ But tbh Sprigatito is my Top 2 hehe

With all that said, enjoy your stay, and I hope to see you around! Don't hesitate to ask ofc if you have any questions about the site, would be glad to help however I can :) Have a good one!

Years
  • Another Sprigatito Squad member! :coolcat:

Hello! ^.^
    Popplio and Primarina are great mons =3

I'm pretty much guaranteed to pick Sprigatito for the new games, unless they do something horrible to it like with Litten's final evo.
    As For SwSh I'm Grookey Gang all the way. Grass monkey ftw :coolduck:
    Scorbunny is cute, but I'm not big on the evolutions.

Are there any other mons you already know you wanna use on your Sword adventure?

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    Hello everyone, my username is Sapphirejas. My favourite games are Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon. My favourite Pokemon is Popplio. Unfortunatly, I can't afford a switch right now and I'm waiting and saving to get one... The starter I'm going to choose for Sword and Shield is Scorbunny and I think I'm going to choose Sprigatito for Violet and Scarlet because he is the cutest and appears to be based on a lynx! I love lynxes, so yeah... I'm waiting for his evolution though before I make my final decision.

Welcome! This is the one time where I cannot choose between a starter. Like most people, I'll be waiting for the evolutions to release before making a decision. I hope you decide to stick around and enjoy the community!

Years
  • I just learnt that Lapras is only on Shield! 😭 That sucks! I think I will go with Eevee instead and evolve it into a Vaporeon for the water member of the party. I'm not getting Shield as I really want that Galarian Rapidash!

Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    Hey there! If you ever need any pokemon traded, just let me know! I've completed the dex in swsh and in the dlc

Years
  • I just learnt that Lapras is only on Shield! 😭 That sucks! I think I will go with Eevee instead and evolve it into a Vaporeon for the water member of the party. I'm not getting Shield as I really want that Galarian Rapidash!

To be precise: G-Max Lapras raid battles are Shield native. Normal Lapras is not version exclusive whatsoever.

Also, Galarian Ponyta/Rapidash is Shield exclusive I'm afraid.

Back