• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Intro] Hello there!

Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2023
    Long time lurker, only now making an account. I haven't been a Pokemon fan for as long as most people (my first game was Pokemon Sun), but I've loved all the games since. I'm also unfortunately really into competitive Pokemon. But the real reason I've decided to make an account is because I've started working on my own fangame! I'll make a post about it when I figure out which forum I should talk about a game that's still too in pre-alpha to be playable, but is past the idea phase. Not to mention, I don't have a damn clue how to do any sprite art, so uhhh kind of hitting a few walls lmao. Anyways, I can't wait to talk to you all!

Also Pokemon Insurgence is the best fangame and I will not be taking criticism at this time

Years
    Long time lurker, only now making an account. I haven't been a Pokemon fan for as long as most people (my first game was Pokemon Sun), but I've loved all the games since. I'm also unfortunately really into competitive Pokemon. But the real reason I've decided to make an account is because I've started working on my own fangame! I'll make a post about it when I figure out which forum I should talk about a game that's still too in pre-alpha to be playable, but is past the idea phase. Not to mention, I don't have a damn clue how to do any sprite art, so uhhh kind of hitting a few walls lmao. Anyways, I can't wait to talk to you all!

Also Pokemon Insurgence is the best fangame and I will not be taking criticism at this time

Hello Womba Wombate, and welcome to the forums!
    For fan games, from idea to publishing, you have the Fan Games sections! This is where you can find help in your project. I wish you good luck with it!
    What features do you plan to put in your fan game ?

See you around PokéCommunity!

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
    Years
    Hello there Womba Wombate, and officially welcome to the PC!

Congrats on the fangame! I wish you only success with it!

Do you have a favorite among the Pokemon games you've played?

Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2023
    Hello!

Do you still remember your team from Sun?
    Did you like any of the Ultra Beasts?

Yep, I remember my team perfectly! Coral the Primarina, Cicada the Ribombee, Ember the Salazzle, Shocker the (completely unkillable for some reason) Alolan Raichu, Cheery the Pom-Pom Style Oricorio, and Bubba the Clefable. Pretty unbalanced, but eh whatever it was fun. And my favorite Ultra Beast has to be the swole mosquito. It's just so dumb and I love it so much.

Hello Womba Wombate, and welcome to the forums!
    For fan games, from idea to publishing, you have the Fan Games sections! This is where you can find help in your project. I wish you good luck with it!
    What features do you plan to put in your fan game ?

See you around PokéCommunity!

Thank you for the warm welcome and luck! I have a few things I want to add that would be spoilers, so uhh won't mention that. But the main new battle gimmick I have in mind are "Duo Moves": incredibly powerful moves that, in return, can only be used during double battles. Basically, the two Pokmeon on the field team up and do the equivalent of a Z move. It would take the damage type of the first mon, and have a secondary effect determined by the second mon. For example, a fighting type attack that causes Electric Terrain, or a grass type attack that causes rain.

This is... I have no damn clue how I would even start to program something like that. So I'm just... going to implement that later. Also sorry for rambling, I just really like this idea, and want to get it in the game somehow.

Hello there Womba Wombate, and officially welcome to the PC!

Congrats on the fangame! I wish you only success with it!

Do you have a favorite among the Pokemon games you've played?

Ahhh thank you so much! That's so nice of you to say :,) As for my favorite Pokemon game, it's a tie between Ultra Sun and Violet. Ultra Sun is super nostalgic for me and has nice memories attached to it, but Violet has my favorite story in a Pokemon game by far.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    Thank you for the warm welcome and luck! I have a few things I want to add that would be spoilers, so uhh won't mention that. But the main new battle gimmick I have in mind are "Duo Moves": incredibly powerful moves that, in return, can only be used during double battles. Basically, the two Pokmeon on the field team up and do the equivalent of a Z move. It would take the damage type of the first mon, and have a secondary effect determined by the second mon. For example, a fighting type attack that causes Electric Terrain, or a grass type attack that causes rain.

This is... I have no damn clue how I would even start to program something like that. So I'm just... going to implement that later. Also sorry for rambling, I just really like this idea, and want to get it in the game somehow.

This idea is neat!
    Imagine combining the effects of Calm Mind and Dragon Dance, or Nasty Plot and Coil! I sure would love to see the effects of combined moves... and maybe even status, like being frozen and burning at once!

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
    Years
    I merged your replies together since they were all in a row, but in the future, all you need to do to reply to multiple people at once is to hit the 'Respond' button on all the posts you want to reply to.

Ahhh thank you so much! That's so nice of you to say :,) As for my favorite Pokemon game, it's a tie between Ultra Sun and Violet. Ultra Sun is super nostalgic for me and has nice memories attached to it, but Violet has my favorite story in a Pokemon game by far.

I haven't had time to play all the way through Ultra Sun yet, but I agree that the story in Violet was really well done!
    It's also neat to know you also nickname your Pokemon! Do you have any favorite Pokemon?
    Oh, and don't worry about rambling here, this is your introduction thread, so ramble away!

Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2023
    I merged your replies together since they were all in a row, but in the future, all you need to do to reply to multiple people at once is to hit the 'Respond' button on all the posts you want to reply to.

I haven't had time to play all the way through Ultra Sun yet, but I agree that the story in Violet was really well done!
    It's also neat to know you also nickname your Pokemon! Do you have any favorite Pokemon?
    Oh, and don't worry about rambling here, this is your introduction thread, so ramble away!

Oh, my bad! I'll make sure to do that now. Also, my favorite Pokemon is Clefable, hands down. it's the most unassuming competitive Pokemon- relatively hefty bulk, Magic Guard, and a giant movepool means it can be both a utility mon or a full-on attacker. And even if it wasn't competitively viable... look at it. It's tied with Bewear for "Most Huggable Pokmeon" for me. But Bewear would crush my bones, so Clefable it is.

This idea is neat!
    Imagine combining the effects of Calm Mind and Dragon Dance, or Nasty Plot and Coil! I sure would love to see the effects of combined moves... and maybe even status, like being frozen and burning at once!

That's basically the idea, yeah! But as you can imagine, that's pretty overpowered, which is why I turned it into basically "double battle Z move" lmao. But I'm probably going to have to work on it last, when I'm more comfortable with Ruby.

Back