• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hello trainers, I'm Corrosive =)

Corrosive

Conspiracy Realist
    Years
    Hello everyone, I'm Corrosive. I'm a 23 year old (child at heart lmao) Pokemon trainer. I'm very much a perfectionist, with a splash of OCD, so I soft reset A LOT for good natures. It's a huge downfall of mine ><

Me outside of pokemon: I LOVE music, mostly metal(mastodon, Iron Maiden, Slayer, Between the Buried and Me, Black Dahlia Murder, Gorod, The Faceless, August Burns Red and sooooo many others), all kinds of metal. I really love classic rock(Rush, Pink Floyd, Danzig, Dio, Sabbath, etc.), and electronic dance music (mainly dubstep that isn't Skrillex and hardcore). I'm a huge fan of Chopped and Screwed rap, as I'm from Houston, and I love mostly Houston hip-hop like Keke, Z-ro, Pimp C, Trae, but I do like Bone Thugs, B.o.B., Tech N9ne, Tyler the Creator, and Hopsin as well. I also like very old country music like Hank Williams Sr., Webb Pierce, and Gene Autry. I play guitar as well, and I love watching anime. My favorite video game genre is RPGs, just recently I got into srpgs like Fire Emblem, Disgaea, and Super Robot Taisen.

So a small history about my pokemon experience: I was about 10 or 12 when the pokemon craze hit North America. I bought Pokemon Red version and beat it quickly. Afterward I bought Yellow, but unfortunately got bored due to it being nearly the same game. Later, when Silver/Gold hit NA, I bought Silver and beat the 8th gym leader. I wasn't expecting an entirely new continent to be unlocked, so I was a bit burnt out of Pokemon, and I quit that one as well. Years later, here I am.

I've never played the Gen 3 games (RSE), and tried to pick up again with Platinum. Being older and having a job and a vehicle, I got bored quickly and traded it in =( Now I'm back with a vengeance, currently playing Soulsilver and White at the same time.

I'll be looking for guidance often, and I hope to be a useful member of the community here.

I play a few games online w/ the 3ds, including Mario Kart 7, Luigi's Mansion, and Kid Icarus. Unfortunately I can only play DSiEnhanced games online w/ my 3ds because I refuse to downgrade my security to WEP.

Aaand, that's that.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    Me when I look at your username:

Hello trainers, I'm Corrosive =)

Naaaw, I kid I kid! I like your username though! Welcome to the forums, Corrosive. :D It's a pleasure to meet you. :) I love your taste in music though! I'm a bit of a country junkie, but I listen to almost every genre out there, especially classic rock. KISS, Bon Jovi and Van Halen are some bands I love the most. Pink Floyd is one of them too. You know, we actually have a section where you can discuss music, and that would be the General Entertainment section. Talk about any kind of music, movies, and more. :D

That's how I was when I played Silver, and that's what I really like about the game. :D I love how Silver has both Kanto and Johto. And you get to beat Red in the end...I felt it was pretty epic. I still have my little silver cartridge, and it's still in very good condition.

You can always look for guidance whenever you need some. :D Have a wonderful time here & I'm sure you will. :) Read the rules & contact a staff member if you have any questions! See ya <3

«Chuckles»

Sharky
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2023
    Welcome to the forums, I cannot believe that username has not been taken lol.

Cool I believe ruby and saphire were fun, I didn't like steven being replaced by wallace in emerald.

Enjoy your stay :D

Years
    Hello!

I am also new, and in the same boat as you (returning poke fan). I hadn't played for years, and then decided to get heartgold when it came out and recently ventured into the new generations.

I'm also a music lover. I'm in a bluegrass band, and my banjo player is a former metal guitarist/vocalist. Sounds like we have very similar tastes in music. You should check out Hank III. He is an awesome mix of traditional country and metal/punk.

BTW I have soulsilver, black and diamond. I'm a bit of a perfectionist too so I like to breed my own pokemon. We should trade :)

Corrosive

Conspiracy Realist
    Years
    Excellent to hear from you all ^^ Is there a thread by any chance where I can get some Dream World neighbors? I'm trying to grind out as many points as possible before the Link closes and I'm at a bit of a loss as to what to do. >.<

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    Excellent to hear from you all ^^ Is there a thread by any chance where I can get some Dream World neighbors? I'm trying to grind out as many points as possible before the Link closes and I'm at a bit of a loss as to what to do. >.<

Unfortunately there isn't a thread for that, if I recall. :( And yeah... it sucks to hear that the Dream World is closing, I enjoyed it so much back then. D:

I never really got into the Dream World.. kind of sad since I feel like I missed out on a whole lot. Maybe you can include that bit of info in your signature so people can see it underneath your posts? Welcome to PC, even if I am a little late! Hopefully you've been enjoying yourself here so far. n~n; Wonderful that you checked back.

Aw, it's amazing that you're getting back into Pokemon. It's never too late and the franchise continues to get better, especially with amazing games like X and Y at our doorstep. Crossing my fingers that you stay interested for a long while to come! SoulSilver is a nice way to relive the old days and B/W + B/W2 were some of my personal favorites. You'll be able to ask for whatever help you need through our quick question sticky threads in each of the generation discussions; the members here are always really quick to assist, so no worries there. We're all very knowledge about Pokemon and thrilled to help. :3

(By the way, I totally understand where you're coming from with the DSi-enchanced games. Never am I downgrading my Wi-Fi.. part of why I can't do online trades in HeartGold.)

See you around, Corrosive! Children at heart for the win! Be sure to contact a staff member if you need any help with the forum.

Back