• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hello!

Years
    • Seen Jun 10, 2013
    How's it going everybody? New to the forums, but I've been a Pokemon fan for around 10 years. I'm not the most diehard fan but I enjoy the show when it's on and the original games. I'm from Florida and I'm 19 years old. I recently picked up a hobby of blogging and hoping to get some steady followers there. Not sure if I'm allowed to post the link of it so I'll reframe from that.

Aside from that, I am engaged and expecting a child in November. Life's going pretty good for me and I hope it'll only get better by being part of this community!

Years
  • I enjoy the original games a lot too, though the newer ones are quite awesome as well. Pokemon is pretty amazing. Welcome to the forum!

Congrats on the child! That is amazing news and I hope you and your family will have a happy and healthy life ahead of you. I might want a child in the future but right now I'm more focused on school and traveling. You should totally introduce your child to Pokemon in the future.. that would be absolutely awesome!

You're welcome to post the link to your blog in your signature; that's totally allowed. PC is pretty strict with advertising but blogs and signatures are fine to be used for such. We just get people from time to time who join only to get followers or subscribers, which is pretty sad. :< But you'll be just fine plus you seem like a person who will fit in well here, so no worries! Hope your blog gets a lot of followers and you end up being successful. I tried to blog at one point but that never really went anywhere, haha.

If you like the original games, you should check out the Metal & Color Generation Gaming board to discuss R/B/Y and G/S/C! If you enjoy the anime you'll probably like the Pokemon Anime board, though we have lots more places to check out around here. Is this your first forum? Might take a bit of time to get used to things if so, but PC is quite friendly and our rules aren't at all hard to understand. I'd recommend exploring around the entire forum though as all of our boards are fun and have some amazing regulars. You can share your art/writing, chat with other members, join clubs, and other neat things. Rather than rambling on I'll just leave you to it though, so have a wonderful time! :D

Oh, don't forget to read the rules. Once you've done so you can go ahead with the forum explorin'. See you around!

Years
    • Seen Jun 10, 2013
    Thanks, Cirno. Not sure where I want to go with blogging. I enjoy doing it as a hobby right now, but do wish I had followers to chime in. Right now it's a one man show and I get no comments back. However, I really just want to meet some people and have something to do with my little bit of free time. Blogging or forums. Yes, this is my first real forum experience :)

I do plan to introduce my child to Pokemon. Hopefully it will be something that will keep her entertained enough to give me some downtime. lol

Years
  • Hiya Jason, and welcome to the world of PokeCommunity!

I have to say, congrats on your first child! I know we have a staff member here who's sorta like you in that way as well, might have to introduce you to him sometime. Maybe you should even show the kid how awesome Pokemon is as well! As Cirno said, advertising is pretty strict here but having it in the signature is fine, like how I have my Tumblr page linked in mine. We do have a blogging system at PC, but you need to be in a certain usergroup to get it, and that can be achieved by donating a bit of money to PC. In fact, those members who did are the ones with those green italic names you may have seen floating around (like mine as you can see) and they get some cool features as well.

Cirno probably showed you the Metal/Color Generation section if you love the old-school Pokemon games, but I only played the newer stuff lol. Are you excited for X & Y btw? I'm loving all the info that's been revealed so far, so the games look like they are gonna be awesome. I can't even decide which starter I want to choose!

I have to go now, but enjoy your stay and I do hope to see you!

- [supporter]Hikari10[/supporter]

Years
    • Seen Jun 10, 2013
    Hiya Jason, and welcome to the world of PokeCommunity!

I have to say, congrats on your first child! I know we have a staff member here who's sorta like you in that way as well, might have to introduce you to him sometime. Maybe you should even show the kid how awesome Pokemon is as well! As Cirno said, advertising is pretty strict here but having it in the signature is fine, like how I have my Tumblr page linked in mine. We do have a blogging system at PC, but you need to be in a certain usergroup to get it, and that can be achieved by donating a bit of money to PC. In fact, those members who did are the ones with those green italic names you may have seen floating around (like mine as you can see) and they get some cool features as well.

Cirno probably showed you the Metal/Color Generation section if you love the old-school Pokemon games, but I only played the newer stuff lol. Are you excited for X & Y btw? I'm loving all the info that's been revealed so far, so the games look like they are gonna be awesome. I can't even decide which starter I want to choose!

I have to go now, but enjoy your stay and I do hope to see you!

- [supporter]Hikari10[/supporter]
    Thank you! Now I want to know who the staff member is lol.

I am excited for the X & Y, and I do plan to play all of the 6th gen games. #TeamFroakie haha

Back