• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hello!

Years
    Hi, everyone! My name is Stephanie (Saphyre), I'm 21, and a university junior. I'm majoring in psychology and minoring in community leadership, and my plan after earning my Bachelor's degree, is to join a Master's program in school counseling. I want to be a school guidance counselor and a teacher. Right now I am a teacher's assistant in a small private school, which I love.

I've been playing Pokemon since I was six, with my first game being Yellow version. At work, the students know me as the "Pokemon Sensei" and often talk to me about their games. It's amusing, to me, because they're still excited about the little things of Pokemon, which I remember being excited about too ("I have a Greninja now!", "I caught a legendary!"). The only downside to all of this, is that they look at me like I'm ancient when I talk about the early Pokemon games.

I like to play online games, as well. I play a lot of World of Warcraft and Hearthstone, and a friend is in the process of introducing me to League of Legends. Outside of gaming, I enjoy reading, especially from the fantasy genre. I love watching shows like the Big Bang Theory and Doctor Who, as well as the occasional crime drama.

I guess that's enough about me for now. I'm excited to be here, because it's been awhile since I've been on an active forum, and this is my first Pokemon forum. I joined looking for some people to add to my Friend Safari, and I've been wanting to dabble in some online battling, and I've been struggling in team building. I'm hoping that by talking to more Pokemon fans, I can improve my battling skills. :)

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Welcome Stephanie! :D

Scientist +1, teacher +1.

We've got plenty around here to fill all your pokémon needs, such as the battle centre and the X&Y forums!

We've also got the Culture and Media area where I'm pretty sure you can find a thread on The Big Bang Theory - and in Fan Clubs & Groups we have an active Doctor Who fanclub!

Hope you enjoy your time here :3 see you around.

Aww - that's adorable. :) I would love for kids to look at me as sort of a Pokemon "professor" too, haha. Been playing for a long time myself so we have that in common! Plenty of people on PC are like that too; people here generally tend to be in their late teens or early/mid 20s.

Anyways, welcome, Stephanie! This is a great choice for one of your first forums we're very active and quite friendly as well. People who have been into Pokemon for such a long time fit in really well due to all the discussions scattered about and friends to meet so be sure to get involved! You'll be able to find a friend safari thread at the top of our Pokemon X & Y board so that'll be a great place to check out and, of course, don't forget the Battle Center for all things battling. Our experts would be thrilled to help you out.

Have a great time and let me know if you need anything! All of our staff with blue, orange, and red names are here to help if you're confused. See you. :-3

Years
    We've also got the Culture and Media area where I'm pretty sure you can find a thread on The Big Bang Theory - and in Fan Clubs & Groups we have an active Doctor Who fanclub!

Hope you enjoy your time here :3 see you around.

Awesome! I'll have to check out the fanclub section. I've always loved when forums had fanclubs.

Aww - that's adorable. :) I would love for kids to look at me as sort of a Pokemon "professor" too, haha. Been playing for a long time myself so we have that in common! Plenty of people on PC are like that too; people here generally tend to be in their late teens or early/mid 20s.

Anyways, welcome, Stephanie! This is a great choice for one of your first forums we're very active and quite friendly as well. People who have been into Pokemon for such a long time fit in really well due to all the discussions scattered about and friends to meet so be sure to get involved! You'll be able to find a friend safari thread at the top of our Pokemon X & Y board so that'll be a great place to check out and, of course, don't forget the Battle Center for all things battling. Our experts would be thrilled to help you out.

I always like to see more people who are "older" playing Pokemon. Some adults look at me funny for playing Pokemon, but they can't argue when I say that the rating "E" means Everyone, not just kids! Lol.

I will definitely have to check out those sections.

Thank you for the welcomes! :)

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
    Ohh, a teacher and a counselor, eh? I think that's a really great goal, and I'm glad that things are going well for you on your teacher's assistant position so far! I'm sure that you will be a fun and kind teacher, and I wish you luck on your success! And welcome to PC, Stephanie! It's really great to meet ya. <33

Oh, but I agree that more older people should play pokemon, or at least try it out! It's actually a really great series to paly, where the fan base is generally really nice, in my opinion! We're all very much into pokemon in these forums, and we would love to interact with new members like yourself to talk all about pokemon topics and such! And I'm really happy that you've joined us; you seem like a really nice and friendly and interesting individual, in which you will make a great addition to our forums. <33

Feel free to give me a message anytime you wanna chat, or a friend request if you would like us to be PC friends! It'd be awesome to have a friend like yourself! And have yourself a great and fun time during your stay, mmkay? And we will definitely help out whenever you have a question or two about the forums! Hope to see you soon. ^^

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2014
    I'm 21 and have played pokemon all my life! My younger cousins always ask me to help them play it haha! :)

League of legends is one of my favourite games, you need to play it a lot before you get close to being good at it though, so keep playing ;)

Back