• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hello!

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2014
    Hey everyone!

I've been into Pokemon since the day I played Pokemon Red back in middle school (I know I'm old).

Shortly after that I started to collect the first generation series back in 1999. I had accumulated quite the collection and had almost all of them. Well I made some poor decisions back then and lost them all.

I continued to play the games over the years but always felt something missing from my life. Whenever I would think about my card collecting days it would make me sad so I never thought about it.

Recently my daughter started to collect generation X & Y Pokemon cards and that has brought me back. So I went out and decided to purchase all the Gen 1 cards from a highly reputable seller online. I am very excited to get back into Pokemon card collecting!

I noticed a lot of things have changed since I collected them 15 years ago. When they first came out it was everywhere. I mean kids were bringing them to school and trading outside and battling! If you weren't collecting the cards you were playing Pokemon Red or Blue on your gameboy. Now it seems with all this technology kids aren't that into Pokemon cards anymore like we used to be.

When my cards arrive I will proudly post pictures up of my collection! Thanks for reading if you made it this far.

Btw any other old school guys/gals here? I remember my school banned them because kids were getting beat up over them. It became like drug dealing because you had to trade and battle on the low lol. 1999-2000

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
    Oooh, nice username! I'm surprised it was taken already, but it looks good with you! Mmm, nice to meet a fellow long time pokemon fan, I've been playing since elementary & Grade school with Pokemon Yellow, and Pokemon Blue, and thy were tons of fun!

I remember playing the games with my friends to try and find various rumors and secrets, like the Mew Glitch from Pokemon Blue if you remember that one, as well as the Missignno. secret from Cinnabar Island, which was oodles of fun! And yeah, collecting the cards was really cool for me too. I only bought some backs and bring them to my friends for trade, even though I wasn't.. the best trader around, gah. Soon, my school banned pokemon cards too because everyone kept stealing them and such, but those were good times, y'know?

Anyways, it's a pleasure on getting to know you; welcome to the forums! I'm sure that you'll meet loads of old school pokemon fans here, like over on Pokemon Gaming Central, or the Color Generation board, yknow? Well, you can meet em' all over the place here, so, I hope you don't hesitate on being as active as you can be. :3

Well, I hope you ave a pleasant stay here on the forums, and remember you can ask anyone of us if you need a hand with anything you need! I'm also happy to chat with you anytime you wanna talk and be friends, because hooray for PC friends! Have a great daaaaay~ <33

Years
    I was so surprised your username wasn't taken yet, I thought it already had until you joined. Guess not every name gets snapped up immediately I guess, but hey welcome aboard Diancie!

So, you're another one who managed to stick around with Pokemon ever since the Red & Blue days? I did become a general fan back then, yet never managed to play the games until Ruby & Sapphire came out, and now with those games getting a remake 12 years after their original release it feels like I'm returning to my childhood once again. I wonder if you're excited about the remakes as well? Some really good footage got revealed at E3.

Well, with an awesome username like yours we hope you can stick around as a member and contribute to the many topics we have on hand, Pokemon or not. I'm always happy to talk about Pokemon so do leave me a message if you want to chat or make a new friend with me. Have fun okay Diancie, and see you around!

- Hikamaru

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2014
    Oooh, nice username! I'm surprised it was taken already, but it looks good with you! Mmm, nice to meet a fellow long time pokemon fan, I've been playing since elementary & Grade school with Pokemon Yellow, and Pokemon Blue, and thy were tons of fun!

I remember playing the games with my friends to try and find various rumors and secrets, like the Mew Glitch from Pokemon Blue if you remember that one, as well as the Missignno. secret from Cinnabar Island, which was oodles of fun! And yeah, collecting the cards was really cool for me too. I only bought some backs and bring them to my friends for trade, even though I wasn't.. the best trader around, gah. Soon, my school banned pokemon cards too because everyone kept stealing them and such, but those were good times, y'know?

Anyways, it's a pleasure on getting to know you; welcome to the forums! I'm sure that you'll meet loads of old school pokemon fans here, like over on Pokemon Gaming Central, or the Color Generation board, yknow? Well, you can meet em' all over the place here, so, I hope you don't hesitate on being as active as you can be. :3

Well, I hope you ave a pleasant stay here on the forums, and remember you can ask anyone of us if you need a hand with anything you need! I'm also happy to chat with you anytime you wanna talk and be friends, because hooray for PC friends! Have a great daaaaay~ <33

Thanks! I too was surprised it wasn't taken. :D

OMG yes I remember trying to find that glitch so I could duplicate my rare candys!

Oh man I also remember bringing my link cable to school so I could trade with friends.

Pokemon Yellow is one of my favs because Pickachu followed you around and you could get all three starter Pokemon throughout the game! Having a Bulbasaur, Charmander and Squirtle was a HUGE advantage.

I appreciate the friendly welcome and look forward to speaking with you some more!

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2014
    I was so surprised your username wasn't taken yet, I thought it already had until you joined. Guess not every name gets snapped up immediately I guess, but hey welcome aboard Diancie!

So, you're another one who managed to stick around with Pokemon ever since the Red & Blue days? I did become a general fan back then, yet never managed to play the games until Ruby & Sapphire came out, and now with those games getting a remake 12 years after their original release it feels like I'm returning to my childhood once again. I wonder if you're excited about the remakes as well? Some really good footage got revealed at E3.

Well, with an awesome username like yours we hope you can stick around as a member and contribute to the many topics we have on hand, Pokemon or not. I'm always happy to talk about Pokemon so do leave me a message if you want to chat or make a new friend with me. Have fun okay Diancie, and see you around!

- Hikamaru

Oh yea man. I'm older now but I still love me some Pokemon. My wife thinks I should let it go but she collects Disney Pins so I call her a hypocrite. LOL

Yea I saw the E3 trailer the other day and was stoked!

Thanks for the warm welcome and appreciate you taking the time to reply to my intro. Long live Pokemon! :D

Years
    • Seen Mar 22, 2015
    YOW!!! WELCOME TO PC!!! I know it dont have the right to join the conversation of people older than me but allow me to say these this... this community is for pokemon fan to show their love and support for their dear pokemon so forget about your age relive your days of pokemon show them what a pokemon fan really means..... speaking of age im already old enough to be called childish when people saw me playing pokemon but i dont care.............

Back