• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Intro] Hello!!

Years
    • She/her
    • Seen Aug 8, 2021
    Hihi, hello hello! I am so excited and happy to be here :)

My name is Katy, but I mostly like to be referred to as Kat. I am a spunky 19 year old that has recently gotten back into this wonderful franchise.
    You could say that I sort of... "quit" on Pokemon a few years ago due to life and societal pressure to grow up and leave my childhood behind.
    However, after the "year that will not be named" happened, I had an epiphany to live my life to the fullest and embrace the things about it that make me the happiest, so here I am.

Pokemon was a huge part of my childhood. I watched the anime, collected books, cards, figures, stuffed animals, played the games. I had a dream to be that trainer who would "Catch 'em all!"; I have no plans to stop anytime soon.
    Anywho, my favorite era is definitely D/P and the whole Sinnoh region. I have played both Diamond and Pearl, and am playing through Platinum on a rom atm. I have a thing for cute and pastel Pokemon, like Sylveon. I am also a fire type gal, so I enjoy the pyro-technicians of Pokemon, like Chimchar and Fennekin.

I think that's all I have to say.. let me know if I missed any important information, and I'm happy to answer any questions you may have. 😊

Oh, I'm also a subscriber of the Hart squad~

Years
  • Welcome to the Pokecommunity Kat! We do love some spunk 'round here, so you'll fit right in :D

I can understand you quitting Pokémon for a while because of how it wasn't really a cool thing to like anymore. I didn't have anyone to talk about Pokémon with since the fandom dropped when I started high school. I didn't 100% quit it per se, more like totally just kept it to myself. In that "year that will not be named" era, I rediscovered my account on this website, became a regular, and reignited my passion for the franchise ten fold. Almost a year later and I still don't regret a thing. Heck, I finally know all the Pokemon past Gen 5!

Looks like you had a much wider exposure to the franchise than I did though, good on you! I stuck mostly to the main series games and a bit of the anime, but that didn't stop me from being full on addicted to it for a while :3 Since you mentioned the Sinnoh games (also my fave btw high five!), are you excited for the recently announced remakes? I feel like you'd beat me easily since I keep choosing Turtwig lmao (also somewhat ironic that you're a Fire type gal, but your fave region is the one with the least amount of them :P) And hey, the fact that you like Sylveon means one of my fellow mods here is gonna love you lol.

Anyway, with all that said, hope you make lotsa friends, participate in lotsa discussions, and enjoy your stay here! If you ever have any questions, don't hesitate to reach out to me or any other staff members you might come across the forums. We'd be glad to help :)

Catto

♫•*¨*•.¸¸♪ ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
    Years
  • Hello Kat!
    Welcome to PC! =D

Your avatar reminds me of Sakura the Card Captor!
    It's good to know that you decided to come back to this amazing world of Pokémon after so long! =)

I hope you have fun!

Years
    • She/her
    • Seen Aug 8, 2021
    Hihi Roni! I'm glad you think I'll be able to fit in, that makes me happy.

I'm glad to hear that you've also reignited your passion, that's wonderful.

I am totally excited for the newly announced remakes! I just wish I had a Nintendo Switch at this point... hopefully I'll be able to invest in one soon. I really do not want to miss out on this opportunity, I love the original games to death and I feel like I would highly enjoy these remakes.

Thank you thank you for the warm welcome, it's highly appreciated. I plan to be very active here and stay for a long time, I already feel comfortable and welcomed 😇

Years
    • She/her
    • Seen Aug 8, 2021
    Hihi Catto!

I haven't watched that anime yet, but I plan to. It's on my list 😄

Thank you for the welcome lovely~ 😊

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Omg I had a super similar "joining PokeCommunity" experience! I turned 20 after a pretty intense event and decided to return to Pokémon because it made me so happy when I was younger. Almost ten years later and I'm still here rockin' Pokémon. :)

And a Sylveon fan?! Roni is right, girl, I like you! You're gonna fit in great here, I can feel it. Welcome to the community! (。'▽'。)♡

Years
  • Hihi Roni! I'm glad you think I'll be able to fit in, that makes me happy.

I'm glad to hear that you've also reignited your passion, that's wonderful.

I am totally excited for the newly announced remakes! I just wish I had a Nintendo Switch at this point... hopefully I'll be able to invest in one soon. I really do not want to miss out on this opportunity, I love the original games to death and I feel like I would highly enjoy these remakes.

Thank you thank you for the warm welcome, it's highly appreciated. I plan to be very active here and stay for a long time, I already feel comfortable and welcomed 😇
    Your vibes already assures me that you're gonna make lots of friends in this community~

Ooh same on the Nintendo Switch too. It's been out for how long now and I've yet to get my hands on one (truth be told, I've never even touched a 3DS... the last main series Nintendo consoles I've used extensively was the original DS :< I'm just not in the best of financial situations right now). If anything, I'll just watch Let's Plays of it to not feel too left out hehe. I do sincerely hope you're able to get one! Perhaps also a copy of Sword & Shield and Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee if you haven't played those titles yet?

Really glad to hear your plans of sticking around. We always love a new member eager to join our humble little community!

Back