• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Intro] Hello!

Years
  • Had to look up Cattleya as idk the name and the Avatar looked familiar, figured it was probably the Italian name for a character.

Anyway hello and welcome =3
    Is there a particular type of Pokemon you find yourself using more than others?
    Or perhaps you find yourself playing with mons based on something in particular, like say cat or dog based mons? =3

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
    Years
  • Hello Cassie! Welcome to the forums!

You mentioned you've been playing since Generation V. Have you played any games from before that Generation? And if not, do you plan on doing so one of these days?

Years
  • A rock music lover who appreciates Gen 5? Heck yes we should be friends~ Your English is also perfectly fine, don't even worry about it :)

Welcome to the Pokecommunity! What kinds of rock are you into, and what bands? And who's your preferred Gen 5 starter?

Years
  • To roni:
    Yeah, sure. We can be friends!
    I mostly like alternative rock, though any kind of it is fine to me. A few bands I'm really into at the moment are Spiritualized, Duster, Hum, Alice In Chains, The Chameleons, Edge Of Sanity and Slowdive. I also enjoy songwriters such as Laura Nyro, Sufjan Stevens and Julia Holter.
    My favourite starter of Unova is Samurott. Kind of biased as it was my first choice of a Pokémon.
    What about you for both music and 5th generation starters?
    Ah, I'm only familiar with Slowdive and Sufjan Stevens in that list of yours. I didn't know you'd be into shoegaze too, that's awesome! Personally I'm a fan of The Strokes, The Hives, Royal Blood, Paramore, IV of Spades, The White Stripes, Foo Fighters, and Men I Trust atm. Also into older stuff like Queen, The Beatles, The Kinks, The Monkees, and Led Zep to name a few.

I too prefer the Oshawott line, with Tepig following suit closely after. And if you made me choose who my fave Gen 5 Pokemon in general was, I'd probably say Sigilyph. I love abstract looking mons lol.

Years
  • To roni:
    I do like Led Zeppelin (a lot) and also some stuff of the other bands you mentioned (The Kinks, Beatles, Strokes, Foo Fighters, etc...).
    Every starter of Unova looks great, in my humble opinion, and nice choice for Sigilyph! Gotta love 5th generation's Psychic-types!
    You have really good taste in music, as well as Pokemon! Heh, I figured you like the Gen 5 Psychic types because of Caitlin. It was a big surprise when I saw her, as I thought Game Freak would never think to reuse a character from the Gen 4 Battle Frontier. Have you played them?

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Sufjan Stevens

Ahh, I love him. It's hard to find people in America who appreciate his work! Anyway Cassie, welcome to the forums!

Back