• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help and Request Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gridiron

G/S for the DS
Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Sep 17, 2009
    Is there a tutorial for making a Pokemon game for Game Maker 6? Something for a beginner, and that has a lot of detail if possible.

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2020
    I've got rockets.

Anyone know how to make a caterpillar system with only 1 person following you? (RMXP)

Joins up with you in map 1 by triggering an event.
    map 2, normal
    map 3, normal
    map 4, normal
    map 5, temporarily leaves you to go "upstairs", joins back up after you get some sleep
    LATER in map 4, leaves you

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2020
    Not sure.. I just got it with a lot of stuff with it on the resources thread.

Ok. Big problem. When I open my rpgmakerxp project file, it says unexpected file format!!!! How do I save my project? :(
    It says my data is corrupted, some of it anyway...

I managed to save my maps and events, but all my switches got erased. Why? :/

Last edited:

Illusion Gaming

RMXP Pro
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Dec 10, 2007
    dash: yes just open up the script editor and find:
    when "Bag"
    print "not availlable in beta 0.2"
    $game_system.se_play($data_system.decision_se)

replace it with:
    when "Bag"
    $game_system.se_play($data_system.decision_se)
    $scene = Scene_Item.new

and it should go to the rmxp item window

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2020
    Dashiel said:
    Awesome, thanks!
    My final question, How can I set the Starterkit's resolution back to RMXP's defult?

You can't. If you do, then the pokemon message text thing will screw up.

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2020
    I STILL have a rmxp problem! All my maps are corrupt! And everyone just skipped over my post! Please help! My entire game was corrupt! How do I fix it!

Illusion Gaming

RMXP Pro
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Dec 10, 2007
    @slix00 - can't help you sorry..

@dashiel - you can make the screensceen to normal size but you'll have to edit all the extra scripts the starterkit has.

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2020
    Ok... Seriously, does anyone here atleast know what happened? This is horrible and I can't keep editing my game until its fixed!

Edit: Been about 12 hours now since it has been corrupted. Doesn't anyone atleast know where I could go to fix this? A website?

Last edited:

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2012
    Flameguru said:
    Can someone find me Diamond/Pearl Tilesets? Thanks.

D/P tilesets? Sorry I don't know anyone that has come from the future (as of yet).

@slix00: can you PLEASE calm down? you have posted your problem THREE times!
    Anyway, what have you done before your data became corrupted? Maybe the program crashed?

~Azura.

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2020
    Nothing crashed. I just finished editing a map and saved the project down normally, somewhere between that time at 12:30 when I tried working on it, 9 files in the data folder, when viewed with wordpad, turned into meaningless squares. Only 3 were needed, but still important.

Cursed

Godking Ragnarok CXVII
    Years
  • Does anyone have the shadow effect for behind pokemon on rmxp? (like a gba version of colosseum)

Last edited:

Gridiron

G/S for the DS
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Sep 17, 2009
    Gridiron said:
    Is there a tutorial for making a Pokemon game for Game Maker 6? Something for a beginner, and that has a lot of detail if possible.
    ^That, and I could use some help with coding/scripting/ w/e with Game Maker please.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back