• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help and Request Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WHALESDUDE

I am me.
Years
  • um... does anyone know how to fix the text?? I reeeealy need to know how! Please PM me or something... or post here... I can't do anything else w/o it! @_@

Oh... and if anyone is a master spriter, I would love to have someone transfer my scanned sketches of new pokemon into sprites! That would be sweet!! Thanks! Just PM me if you want to... >_>

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
    Years
  • i downloaded rpgmaker2003 again but ive struck a problem....

whenever i try to test play the game, my computer resets!!!....

unless i close all programs including the internet, its evil!!!

dose anyone know how to fix this problem cause it didnt happen before!

Blizzy

me = Scripter.new("Noob")
    Years
  • WHALESDUDE said:
    um... does anyone know how to fix the text?? I reeeealy need to know how! Please PM me or something... or post here... I can't do anything else w/o it! @_@

Oh... and if anyone is a master spriter, I would love to have someone transfer my scanned sketches of new pokemon into sprites! That would be sweet!! Thanks! Just PM me if you want to... >_>
    if this is for rmxp, the font is not in c:/windows/fonts,
    otherwise your version is illegal

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    Legendary_Reploid_Zero said:
    yes but when I put in a picture it says "invalid image format"? What do I do?

Also when I go to "Tools" click on Resource manager and try to use that, it says invalid color depth?
    RPG Maker doesn't support very many image formats and colour depths.

An image format is to put it simply, extensions such as .png, .bmp.
    Colour depth = 24 bit, 256 colour, etc.

RM2k3 only supports 256 colour from what I recall. Concerning image formats... I know .png sure works.

WHALESDUDE said:
    What programs run .xyz files? I've searched, and my research concluded that it was an rmxp graphic format... so... how would that be opened?
    .xyz is used by RMXP? That's something new. I always thought they were only compatible with 95, 2k, and 2k3.

Anyway, if you open up your copy of rm2k3/rm2k/95, you'll notice the resource manager. You'll also notice that there's a way to convert .xyz files to .bmp/.png (don't remember the exact file format). I usually convert the file, then open up the converted file in paint or some other image program.

DarkDoom3000 said:
    i downloaded rpgmaker2003 again but ive struck a problem....

whenever i try to test play the game, my computer resets!!!....

unless i close all programs including the internet, its evil!!!

dose anyone know how to fix this problem cause it didnt happen before!
    I've had the same problem once before. It had to do with overusing the CPU and RAM in my case.
    If it's the same for you, it's really a computer problem, and I suggest getting more RAM, or a better CPU.

.:Sam:.

The road goes ever on and on!
    Years
  • Dashiel said:
    ooohh thanks,
    That might be a bit hard to memorise though but I'll manage :)
    Thanks aload.

Weird...When I put that up it calls the Hero "0" look (Attachment)

It should only do that if the name hasn't been inputed yet..

I HAVE A BIG PROBLEM! my rpgxp trial has only 4 days left and when that runs out I cannot continue Legend of Articuno unless its converted into rm2k3 so is it possible to restart the trial???

WHALESDUDE

I am me.
    Years
  • Blizzy said:
    if this is for rmxp, the font is not in c:/windows/fonts,
    otherwise your version is illegal

ooo, no I meant your actually, specifically youre starter kit for the pokemon games >_>

Daegon-H.K said:
    .xyz is used by RMXP? That's something new. I always thought they were only compatible with 95, 2k, and 2k3.

Anyway, if you open up your copy of rm2k3/rm2k/95, you'll notice the resource manager. You'll also notice that there's a way to convert .xyz files to .bmp/.png (don't remember the exact file format). I usually convert the file, then open up the converted file in paint or some other image program.

Ohh... I see.. did I say rmxp? >_> My bad, I meant the rpg maker in general...

Thanks though! THis works because I do have rm2k ^_^

Osceola

Silent Warrior
    Years
  • problem with your trial, tiger

err, Tiger, that's the problem with RMXP, its a trial for a product, you have to buy it before it expires, that's why I switched to RM2k3, but if you want to download a cracked version of RMXP, go ahead, but I can't tell you, because it would be considered warez, and believe me, I tried searching for it.

Sorye HK

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    tiger778 said:
    It don't matter im getting the FULL VERSION...
    Keep on topic, man. You kinda sound as if you're boasting.

Sorye HK

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    Criptexa said:
    Hi, i wanted to ask how can i change the grass animations on pkmn emerald
    Are you talking about hacking the emerald rom? If so, the question belongs in the hacking forum.
    If not, please clarify your question as I don't really get what you're talking about.

Blizzy

me = Scripter.new("Noob")
    Years
  • WHALESDUDE said:
    ooo, no I meant your actually, specifically youre starter kit for the pokemon games >_>
    read the friggin post of the starterkit. it says to put the font in c/windows/fonts.
    i hate it, they always go to the attachements and not read the post itself.

if it still dont work then it's because of the illegal version of rmxp

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Apr 11, 2009
    yes, i am talking avout hacking, cause i've made my question on the simple questions thread, but my post (which contains the question) keeps getting deleted

Sorye HK

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    Criptexa said:
    yes, i am talking avout hacking, cause i've made my question on the simple questions thread, but my post (which contains the question) keeps getting deleted
    The Game Dev forum is far from hacking, sorry.

Ultima Shadow

**** = not a swear word.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2006
    Ruby/Sapphire RMXP resources?

I'm making a Pokemon game- Pokemon Omega- and I've run into a major snag... I can't find any RMXP Charsets for Ruby and Sapphire/Brendan and May!

Can I please have ripped sprites from FR/LG of Brendan and May, in all six poses- walking, running, fishing, surfing, lifting a Pokeball and cycling for both characters in RMXP style? I apologise if it is too ambitious a project, and I also apologise if my grammar is incorrect... staying up watching my brother play Fallout 2 last night was a bad idea.

btw, can I please have the sprites in 192(width)x256(height)? Once again, thanks.

When it is done/found, may I please be PMed? Ta.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2007
    I downloaded Blizzy's Starter, and when I tried to extract it, it said that there were no files to extract..Does anyone have a kit that I can download?

fightingdreamer

What a drag.
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Feb 22, 2009
    does anyone have or can point me in the way to a tutorial on how to make a cutscene
    THANX IN ADVANCE

Osceola

Silent Warrior
    Years
  • layers

how do the lower editing layer, middle, and high editing layers work? I got used to them in RM2k3, but in RMXP, its all messed up, like after making the floor, and then trying to put...
    never mind check the pic out.
    Help and Request Thread

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back