• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help and Request Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Dash

Hurr.
Years
  • That would require some RGSS coding Flygon, there is already one in the Starter Kit so try using that.
    To add music import it in the same way you did the tileset (But in the music catagory this time) then Right click on the map name you want to add music to and click Properties (Or alternatively click on the map and press Space.) Now tick Auto change BGM and double click inside the empty box to choose your music. Another method is to do it through Events by choosing the Play BGM event command.

Oh my...
    I would like to see the 'old' Dash answering this one.

Hey what do you mean by that? :O You mean the "
    Help and Request Thread
    "
    Dash or the
    Help and Request Thread
    Dash?

Either way I need to start being nicer so.. I am xD

Last edited:

FlygonXS

Dragon Lord
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2007
    I already have a custom title screen, what do I put on the RGSS codes and how do I get it up?

Last edited:

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
  • Anyone Know How I Can Make Tilesets And Import Them Into Rpgmaker Xp Or 2k3
    (SORRY FOR DOUBLE POSTING)

Anyone Know How I Can Make Tilesets And Import Them Into Rpgmaker Xp Or 2k3?
    If you knew double posting was wrong, and you managed to edit your first post to add it in, why double post at all? You could've easily just editted your first post and added the second question, which I've now done for you.

Fblaster

Spriter Prime
    Years
  • Hey there. I'm in need of a script that goes something like this:

if -player- uses -item-
    then -graphic appear in the current position of the player-

Could someone please make a script like this?
    Thanks in advance

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
  • Hey there. I'm in need of a script that goes something like this:

if -player- uses -item-
    then -graphic appear in the current position of the player-

Could someone please make a script like this?
    Thanks in advance

What isn't allowed in this thread:
    Originally written by Dawson
    • Requesting somebody to custom make a chip/charset for you
    • Asking how to make a CBS, CMS, Pokedex etc
    • Asking for someone to give you one of the above
    • Asking for someone to make a script just for you
    • Requesting warez
    • Asking for someone to post their own code

Thanks for not reading the rules of the thread in the very first post. Asking people to make you a script is against the thread rules.

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2012
    I already have a custom title screen, what do I put on the RGSS codes and how do I get it up?

You don't need RGSS to put your title screen.
    Just open your game on RPG Maker Xp and press F9 to open Database. Search for the 'System' tab and then for the Title Screen option. Click on the arrow and select your title screen. Also make sure you've imported your titlescreen to the Titles folder.

The Dash said:
    Hey what do you mean by that?

I think a mix of the two would be nice. I miss the 'noob-counter' so bad. LOL
    I guess I'll start my own...

~Azura.

The Dash

Hurr.
    Years
  • You don't need RGSS to put your title screen.
    Just open your game on RPG Maker Xp and press F9 to open Database. Search for the 'System' tab and then for the Title Screen option. Click on the arrow and select your title screen. Also make sure you've imported your titlescreen to the Titles folder.

I think a mix of the two would be nice. I miss the 'noob-counter' so bad. LOL
    I guess I'll start my own...

~Azura.

Haha the Noob Counter will return, don't worry.

And as for the title screen thing, he was asking for an RGSS script to make his title screen like the Pokémon ones if you read his previous posts.

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2012
    ^ I tried changing the priorities but it still wouldn't work.
    Most of my builds have vanished also!
    Help and Request Thread

I'm really confused here.
    btw, what priority is the hero sprite supposed to be on?

Have you tried to change layers too? Use the second layer for Autotiles and the third one for buildings.

Try that, who knows. About the hero priority, it seems to be on priority 2. If you put a tile with priority 3, the hero goes under it, so...

Hope it helps, and sorry the late reply.

~Azura.

Zerus

Why >__<
    Years
  • Is there any way to import Battle Character sets into RPG Maker 2003 without having to format it and screwing up the colors?

Years
  • how to add pokemon

i know this is probably the noobest question ever but how do u actually put pokemon into rmxp. i did teh maps and everything but i dont know how to put in trainers or pokemon.

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2012
    No, it's not the noobest question ever ^^

It depends on what you're wanting to do and, most important, how do you plan to do it. Will you be using a custom battle system?

The main question is that.

Shadowburn

I'm Back. If You Care.
    Years
  • Well, how do I put this, I can't make a screen shot because I usually press *ctrl* + *PrtScr* but thats not working anymore. So how do I make a screenshot?

Second, in my game, the text doesn't appear. It is really annoying.

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2012
    Try pressing Print Screen only, then go to Paint and paste the image there.

For the font problem, what maker are you using?

Years
  • No, it's not the noobest question ever ^^

It depends on what you're wanting to do and, most important, how do you plan to do it. Will you be using a custom battle system?

The main question is that.

The thing is, I dont have a clue what a CBS is, im used to doing rom hacking and i wanted to try something new.

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
  • The thing is, I dont have a clue what a CBS is, im used to doing rom hacking and i wanted to try something new.
    A CBS is a Custom Battle System. And it's basically where you'll be spending most of your time when you are making a game. It means that you are making a battle system from scratch, using either RGSS scripting or coding rather than the built in battle system that comes with RM2K3/RMXP. It's also the reason that there are currently no comleted Pokémon games around.

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
  • Well, how do I put this, I can't make a screen shot because I usually press *ctrl* + *PrtScr* but thats not working anymore. So how do I make a screenshot?

Second, in my game, the text doesn't appear. It is really annoying.
    There is a free screen capture program called MWSnap, which can be found here that I use to take screenshots of anything. It's really easy to use and it saves having to open up paint and messing around with it in there. Just line up the screenshot, take the screenshot and save it. Easy.

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2012
    I don't know who the attatched sprite was made by, put if anyone has any side poses for it, then that would be fab!

~*~*~*Micko*~*~*~

Attachments

• Help and Request Thread
      james.png
      2.9 KB · Views: 37
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back