• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help and Requests

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freak A

Back !!!
Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2013
    Ok umm well i this is kinda my first time questioning. actually i want to make the buttonsin the menu screen as pics like there are pics in the pokegear and not text writen thta you would select i want to do something like that to the menu script so that except of displaying text it'll display the picture of that button like there would be a bag and when you select it the bag menu will then be displayed. So what do i do to the menu script that it shows pictures and not text.

ayevdayev

Legend
    Years
  • Can anyone tell me how to make a touch screen menu in my game? Or can someone help me make a dual screen in my game? It's for Pokemon Mithril version, you will be credited for the script.

Q-Bone

Musician and Pixel Artist
    Years
  • Hey people. I'm having a problem with Gamemaker (specifically Version 7).

I'm not using it to make a game, but to create maps on it using custom Pokémon Tilesets and then transfer my creations to my actual game on RMXP.

The problem is, every time I make a map, if I minimise the program, or save the room and return to it, a vast majority of the tiles have 16 pixel wide, 1 pixel high lines at the bottom of the tile.

I don't know why it's doing this; each tile is 16 pixels in width and 16 pixels in height, and so is the snap.

I would show Screenshots, but I'm scared of thieves stealing my tiles. In addition, I was hoping to show Screenshots of these maps on certain Map Rating threads around the Forum, but I can't since the image is covered in white lines.

Does anybody know how to fix this? Apparently Nvidia graphics cards cause this, but I'm pretty certain I'm not using one.

StormRuler

Kung foo fighter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2011
    Hi. I'm using Pocci's starter kit.
    Whenever i make a trainer battle with my own trainer type i made and start the battle this error occurs.

I'm not that good at scripting so I'm not sure what it's about.

majorgames

ive got various of errors i need help with, if anyone are good at fixing errors please send me a pm and ill send you all the errors i get and when i get em

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    ive got various of errors i need help with, if anyone are good at fixing errors please send me a pm and ill send you all the errors i get and when i get em
    No, you've got it backwards. These threads are specifically for people to post their problems in, even if they're lengthy. I don't think you'll get anyone going out of their way to find out what's troubling you, even the nice ones like myself.

And do remember that the thread "Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP" is for questions specifically relating to the Essentials Starter Kit, i.e. anything Pokémon-ish in RPG Maker XP. General RPG Maker/Game Maker/Sphere/etc. questions can go in here.

majorgames

No, you've got it backwards. These threads are specifically for people to post their problems in, even if they're lengthy. I don't think you'll get anyone going out of their way to find out what's troubling you, even the nice ones like myself.

And do remember that the thread "Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP" is for questions specifically relating to the Essentials Starter Kit, i.e. anything Pokémon-ish in RPG Maker XP. General RPG Maker/Game Maker/Sphere/etc. questions can go in here.

ok damn this is going to take ages to type, i need these bugs fixed asap because, well you know the domino effect of the real 5th gen release and everything

ill post em later

Shadow-Lucario

People Just Get In The Way
    Years
  • i am having this error when i go into the debug option and the trainer types

---------------------------
    Pokemon Shadow Aura
    Exception: NoMethodError

Message: undefined method `setBitmap' for #<SpriteWrapper:0x772ae50>

PokemonEditor:1084:in `refresh'

PokemonEditor:879:in `pbListScreenBlock'

PokemonEditor:874:in `loop'

PokemonEditor:899:in `pbListScreenBlock'

PokemonEditor:2919:in `pbTrainerTypeEditor'

PokemonDebug:1021:in `pbDebugMenu'

PokemonDebug:1021:in `pbFadeOutIn'

PokemonDebug:812:in `loop'

PokemonDebug:1039:in `pbDebugMenu'

This exception was logged in errorlog.txt.

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
    OK
    also how to i add pokemon to maps i.e. i want charmander to be able to be caught in the wild on route 3 i dont know how to add wild pokemon battles etc

majorgames

i am having this error when i go into the debug option and the trainer types

Pokemon Shadow Aura

OK
    also how to i add pokemon to maps i.e. i want charmander to be able to be caught in the wild on route 3 i dont know how to add wild pokemon battles etc

im getting this error aswell

and about the wild pokemon you have to set encounters

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    i am having this error when i go into the debug option and the trainer types

Pokemon Shadow Aura

OK
    Then don't use the Debug menu for it. Edit the two PBS files trainernames.txt (trainer classes) and trainers.txt (actual individual people).

Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2014
    I am trying to create a pokemon game using either dp or rs but i want to allow the national dex to be accessable in the beginning of the game. Can this be done and if so how?

HeavyOctillery

Locked & Loaded
    Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2018
    I checked the rules, and it didn't say anything about this, really, soooooo......could someone provide me with a tileset template? Y'know, one of those checker-patterned things one can paste tiles over to make a tileset. I'd reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally appreciate it.

Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2024
    I am trying to create a pokemon game using either dp or rs but i want to allow the national dex to be accessable in the beginning of the game. Can this be done and if so how?

its in the notes section. It will tell you the call script for both

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back