• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] Help Me. Sincerely, Totodile.

ChrisTom

With all regards,
    Years
    Help me. Sincerely, Totodile.

This story is about Pokemon abuse.

I am Rating this Pg-13 due to Violence and Language.

6. That was the number of glasses on the table. I counted things, random things. But counting things made me feel better sometimes. There were 6 glasses on the Table on the other side of the restaurant. There were 23 ice cubes total. I then did a math diddy in my head. 6 times 23 is,... I thought about it. 128. I then sighed in my complete boredom and loneliness.

In case you don't know, my name's Totodile.

I was born like most Totodile, in the Violet City swamp. Many trainers overlook it. I don't remember much of what it was like back then. My mom was a Feraligatr of course, and I remember her smelling like lavender. I sighed again.

Sighing and Counting are my specialties.

Then I met Paul. Paul had problems when he was a kid, I could tell that from the start. He had run away from home after becoming a Trainer. I was 5 in Pokemon years. He didn't have a Pokemon, just an Official League Badge, and several Pokeballs.

It was 10:23 AM. I had just finished playing with my siblings. How naive I was back then. I sometimes cry remembering how happy I was. I crawled out of the bushes, and saw Paul. Paul, with his innocent blond hair and his boyish features. I had never seen a human before. He looked at me. I smiled and said "Totodile!"

He looked at me.

That was the moment that changed my life.

The Pokeball was flung from his hand.

It closed in on me.

And I was swooped up.

Humans think we are asleep when we are in our Pokeballs. That isn't true. It's more like we're frozen. But time doesn't seem to exist. It's hard to describe. I can see out of my Pokeball. Recall all the events from the view. But physically and mentally, it's as if we were frozen the moment we we're in to the moment we're.

Not that it matters. We're all just worthless pieces of crap. I know that sounds harsh, but it's true. I kept on thinking about this, still at the restaurant. Paul had owned me for 3 years now. He was 14. I was 12(again in Pokemon years).

He paid for the food and then picked me up. He started jogging to Route 38. It was so wide and open. He walked over to the first Trainer he saw and threw me out. I dizzily walked out, exhausted.

"Totodile..." I mumbled apathetically

The other Trainer slammed his Pokeball on the ground, releasing a Pikachu.

"Dile..."

"Pika!" The Pikachu said, full of excitement and health.

Paul walked up to me before we started battling. He leaned over and whispered in my ear;

"You better do this right you piece of ****. If you don't your gonna be spitting out more than water, you got that?"

My heart fell down to my toes.

"Pika, Chu!!" The Electric Mouse shrieked, as sparks flew from its cheeks.

I barely avoided them. I tried something, anything. I tried to slash the Pikachu, but he was to fast, and zoomed away before I could.

ZOOM! It jumped as fast as lightning behind me and then slapped me with its charged tail.

I fell to the ground, paralyzed. I knew what was coming that night. I tried so hard to move, but I was merely flailing, hoping that I would have some good luck. The creature loomed over me and gave me a final zap.

I remember once, when I was little, we used to pretend battle. Our mom had told us stories of humans she befriended. So we used to pounce on each other, and roll and tumble. We would swim in the marshy waters, and laugh.

In my first year with Paul, I used to have dreams about that.

Not anymore.

I was slammed out of my Pokeball. We were in the Hotel room the Pokecenter gives to Trainers. I saw Paul.

I knew it was time for my beating.

"So, you want me to lose money, Huh? You worthless piece of crap!"

He hit me across the jaw.

"I try day in, and day out to train you, and this is all you give me?"

SMACK!!

He hit me so hard I fell on the floor. I was constantly bruised. You may be thinking how horrible this is, but after awhile you get used to it.

"You're nothing but a pile of ****!"

SMACK!!

I cried. I hoped with all my might someone would hear me. But no one ever does.

SMACK!!

SMACK!!

I hurt so bad. I wish it would just end already.

"I'm sick and tired of your crap! You deserve to die!"

SMACK!! He gave a final blow to my jaw.

He left the closet I slept in, and went to his bedroom. I sobbed in silence, knowing that if I was too loud he would come back in and do worse. Once he cut me with his knife, but it was only on my hand. I didn't eat often. When I did I ate fast. Paul didn't like to see me eating. I often had to eat my own defecate, but I'd rather not talk about it. I sat and moped. I am so constantly abused, I don't even think I'm alive.

I once had someone notice. It was a 24 year old Woman. She saw me once and knew something wasn't quite right. She told the officer in the same building about it. I was preoccupied counting chairs. The officer noticed my bruises, but before he came Paul literally kicked me out. He ran out the door, leaving the officer and my rescue behind.

I woke up the next morning, cold and sore. I sometimes used Paul's dirty clothes as blankets, but I must not have been deserving any. I sat on the linoleum floor. It was hard to sleep on, but it was better than sleeping in rain. I waited for Paul to give me his Morning scold. He opened the closet, hit me, and then caught me in the Pokeball.

I came out in the desert. For some reason he took me to Route 45. The winds were harsh upon my face.

"Come on Idiot." he said.

I once saw a Mantine. It flew over us at the beach, while Paul was using me to get girls. He threatened that if I didn't look cute and happy, that I never would be. A bit Ironic, considering I was never happy since I met him.

Anyways the Mantine was so amazing. I never thought I would see such a large thing, flying up so high. I wondered how it was possible, because big things weigh more and fall faster, but not this. It floated so nicely above the sky.

6 hours of Training. Then Paul took me into the closet, and beat me for not being strong enough;

SMACK!! He punched me.

"You God damn pest!"

SMACK!! I fell to the ground crying "TOTODILE!!!"

My tears made him angrier and he hit me again

"TOTODILE!! Dile! Toto, DILE!"

My cries were of no interest to him, and he struck me until there were no more.

I couldn't see what he saw in hurting me. I thought sometimes, that he enjoyed it. He would often smile during the beatings, leading me to believe he liked seeing me in pain. At least I'm making him happy. And isn't that what being a Pokemon is about? Making your trainer as happy as possible? I thought about this. For no particular reason I remembered that my mother used to sing me a lullaby before I went to sleep. I couldn't quite remember how it went. Oh, well. I thought about hew before drifting off to sleep.

I woke up the next morning. I sighed realizing where I was. At least I had his "Blanket". I heard shuffling outside. I wondered what Paul was doing. Was he bringing in some machine? I started to come out of my haze. There were voices outside;

"We need to search this place up and down."

"What about the owner Sir?"

"Take him down to the station. Ask him whatever you can."

Were these people here for me? I wondered if I should come out. If I did I would get saved and maybe not get hurt anymore, but I would get beat even worse by Paul if he found me. I shuddered unsure of what I should do. The door started to creak open and I hid behind the small pile of clothes in the corner. Apparently it didn't work.

"Sir I think I found it."

I shook underneath the large pile of clothes.

"Where?"

"Over here Sir."

"Aw, the poor thing is shaking with fright. Come on! Come here!" He called

I reluctantly stepped out of mound. I slowly walked over to him.

"Totodile." I said, and shook his hand.

He picked me up and was wary of my multiple bruises and wounds. He wrapped me in a blanket and then we rode in a car. I had never been in a car before. It was nice, like a massage chair that was moving. I fell asleep before the first 5 miles.

I woke up in a small room. It had water, and some food. The floor was made of a shaggy carpet. There was a ball, and a doll in the corner. I think I was in some kind of containment area. I picked up the food, which was cut into medium sized chunklets. After putting one in my mouth I went primal, and started shoving 11 in my mouth at a time. After stuffing myself, I drank from the large bowl. I heard somebody outside. Maybe they could tell me why I was here.

Creak!

A skinny woman walked through the door, and sat down next to me. She looked to be in her 40's, and carried a small chart.

"Hello, Totodile. My name's Ms. Trind." She said. It was the first time in months somebody properly addressed me. She seemed nice enough so I waddled on over and sat down in front of her.

"So can you show me with this, what Paul did to you?" She handed me the ball. She was very straight forward.

I took the ball, and then made an angry look with my face.

"TOTODILE!!" I yelled, and then hit the ball so hard it flew out of my hand. I then looked up to see what the woman thought. She wrote something down real quick, and then continued the conversation.

"A lot of people think that Pokemon can't think more than a sponge. But me and you both know that isn't true. Your just as smart as I am, if not more."

The first compliment in years.

"Toto, Dile. Toto Toto. Dile!"

"Well I wanted to let you know what's happening. We can give you to a Trainer, but we need to assess that you aren't emotionally scarred first. We do this with a simple test. You'll be in here for 2 days until then. Is that Ok?"

"Totodile?" I said

"I don't understand."

I picked up the doll and then pretended to play with it. I wanted company.

"I'm sorry Totodile, we can't have anyone else in here with you. It might get them angry. Most of the Pokemon we have in here were abused like you, but didn't cope too well afterwards"

Ms. Trind got up and started to walk out of the door

"We'll be taking you to the hospital tomorrow." she said and then left.

I fell asleep that evening, after my lights were turned out. I remember hearing as I was going to sleep "Forever and ever."

The next day I woke up and was almost immediately taken to the Hospital. The workers picked me up, and wrapped me in a blanket, which is seeming more and more like their version of a straitjacket. Better safe that sorry. They took me down the hall and into a small white lab. They placed me on a counter, and the Doctor walked in. He had wiry white hair, and a handsome face. His body was portly though.

"Hello! So what we're going to do first is figure out if you a boy or a girl."

I wish I could speak english.

"TOTO! TOTO!" I tried to say, but he started fondling my package anyways.

"Alright, he is male. Now we need to check for any disease."

He opened my mouth, and inspected my arms. Before I could even notice it he took some of my blood and gave me a shot. He was quicker than a Manectrike running towards a generator.

"Alright that's about it." he said and I was sent back to my room for the rest of the day.

"Ok, rise and shine." I heard Ms. Trind say. I got up, and noticed the blanket.

"Totodile..."

She took me down the hall into a very long room. It looked like a bowling alley. She sat me down and another Woman came in with 2 kids. They started stroking me, and rubbing me. My guess was it was part of the test. They wanted to see if I would hurt them. They rubbed harder and harder, but it didn't annoy me. I'd survived blows to the head, I think I can handle hard petting. They then made me walk a straight line, followed by spinning around. Finally they made me stick their hands in my mouth. That was the weirdest part of the test. It felt more like a test for drugs then a test for anger issues.

"Alright, Totodile. I'm glad to tell you that you did pass. What we are going to do now is place you in a ball and ship you to the New Bark town. You will then be chosen by a new trainer and get a fresh start. Are you Ok with that?"

I nodded my head. But then I thought of something.

"Totodile! Dile?" I said as I made an angry face.

"We've taken Paul to the local courthouse, where he will have to pay a fine and might need rehabilitation. Now, please lay down and stay as relaxed as possible."

She then took a Pokeball from the counter and then threw it, successfully capturing me.

I still couldn't remember the lullaby, but oh well. I was sent to New Bark, and waited for August 11th. When the day came I was chosen by an 11 year old girl named Emily who liked my spikes. I have been living with her since, and she has been much nicer. I have been able to live without bruises. It's the best I've felt in my life. 3 weeks after she chose me, we decided to go to Ecruteak. When we got there the city was bustling. Emily went into a store where Pokemon weren't allowed, and left me outside. When I turned around standing behind me was...

Paul

If you enjoyed this story, please let me know.
    I will make a sequel if requested.

Btw sorry this story is sloppy. I'm typing this at 2 in the morning. LoL

Masquerainisthajam

Self-Proclaimed Gym Leader
    Years
    That was a pretty sad, yet interesting story. I like how you incorporated "Pokemon" abuse as to animal abuse today; it was a very nice touch. I would probably have been mortified if I actually SAW that (as in a video). There was one typo I saw, but typos are pretty much common in fanfics.

When Emily went in to the building, Totodile turns around and sees Paul. I would definitely like to see how this continues!

Out of curiosity...Is this Paul the same Paul who is unfriendly rivals with Ash in the current season? Or is it someone different?

ChrisTom

With all regards,
    Years
    It's not the "Ash" Paul it's a different person, but thank you for replying!

Not that many people pay attention to fanfics(or at least not mine...).

But yes, I was slightly hinting to Animal Abuse, but in Pokemon they have human emotions, and can understand the human language(as referenced by Meowth in the anime, they just have a hard time with pronunciation). I just wanted to write something real quick about it. If you want to know my inspiration for this, friend me and i'll let you know.

With all regards

-ChrisTom

Teto

- - wobbuffan. ☆
    Years
    Uwaagh .. th-that was a great fic ;u;
    So sad, I almost cried! Which is pretty typical for me, but still. xD
    I really really really hope you make a sequel. I wanna know what happens. ouo
    Great job ~ I'll be looking forward to more! 8D

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
    I couldn't get through the entire story because I didn't feel any sympathy at all for the character, I actually felt sorry for Paul, the way you kept ranting on about him. People have backstories, people aren't violent and abusive without a reason, I think that the real tragedy is Paul, he was probably treated badly as a child, damaging him psychologically...

Also: there is no such thing as 'pokemon years', just as there is no such thing as 'dog years'. They simply age biologically differently, chronologically they are the same. Animals don't recognize the passing of years, they only think in terms of day and night, cold and warm; they don't think as specifically as you are making it out to be.

I enjoyed the story. The only thing that I don't really agree with is the ending. In the Pokemon universe they have pokeballs for storing their pokemon in, thus, Totodile would not have been left out side. Other than that, I enjoyed it.

But as Yuoaman was saying, you made Paul seem like a horrible, horrible person, and I know from personal experience that people tend to act the way they are due to their past.

Years
    • Seen Oct 15, 2010
    Ayeeeeeee! Hiya there Chris! You have skills when it comes to Stories! I'd like to see a sequel! Cya.

Greetings,DarkMartio.

Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2020
    That Was a great story. I Feel so sorry for Totodile and I hope that Paul doesn't hurt him again. Pleease write a sequal!!!!

Esmas

General
    Years
    Very well-written, and all I can say is that just made me sad. o3o; That was an interesting idea, seeing as you are in the Pokémon's point of view.

But I think you can add much more description, and make it seem a little longer. And maybe slow the first part down a bit. I know you're trying to make it seem harsh and violent, but add a few things here and there so it doesn't go by so fast.

And I lol'd at this: "but he started fondling my package anyways." O__o

The ending is great.

Akustar

Isn't it sad?
    Years
    • Seen Mar 1, 2013
    The last sentence made my heart drop to the bottom of my stomach. God...damn...Paul...

emoBill™

† мазохист †
    Years
    I couldn't get through the entire story because I didn't feel any sympathy at all for the character, I actually felt sorry for Paul, the way you kept ranting on about him. People have backstories, people aren't violent and abusive without a reason, I think that the real tragedy is Paul, he was probably treated badly as a child, damaging him psychologically...

Also: there is no such thing as 'pokemon years', just as there is no such thing as 'dog years'. They simply age biologically differently, chronologically they are the same. Animals don't recognize the passing of years, they only think in terms of day and night, cold and warm; they don't think as specifically as you are making it out to be.
    I agree o3o
    That was pretty much what I would post in good wording.

Benjamin510

The King of Typio's!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 24, 2016
    Awesome! I like the Fact how it shows how pokemon feel with POV it feels great!

ChrisTom

With all regards,
    Years
    I see alot of people did not like how Paul was an impersonal character. But if I may put it in this point of view (though I'm sure SOMEBODY will argue)...

Now although some people did not like the lack of story for Paul, the entire story was done from a Pokemon's point of view. Pokemon don't get to know the trainer's backstory. Totodile had no notion of what Paul's life was like before he was a trainer.

I very much so enjoyed doing this from a Pokemon's POV. You don't come across that enough, and it gives a nice twist. For those of you hoping for a sequal, I'm not quite sure I can... But, I guess so. If I do a sequal however, It will NOT be from Totodiles POV, but instead from Paul's. I probably just made you guys more eager though, but I'll see what I can do. I am really glad everybody found it somewhat interesting. Like I said, I finished the story at 2 in the morning so... Idk

Trying to adopt a Totodile,

-ChrisTom

Akustar

Isn't it sad?
    Years
    • Seen Mar 1, 2013
    I'm actually even more fascinated now. I have a feeling that the sequel will make me feel guilty for harboring such animosity toward Paul. Well, as much animosity as a fictional character can engender. Paul comes off at first glance as a fairly one-dimensional character, but I'm attributing that to the POV. I can't wait to see what Paul is like when Totodile is in the Pokeball.

ChrisTom

With all regards,
    Years
    Alright, good news to the 9 fans of this Fanfic!!

I am starting to write the sequal!! I will Post it in an entirely different thread, so be sure to check it out!! I hope this will get me a few more fans, considering several people did not like how impersonal I was with Paul. Once more, Totodile did not know much about what Paul was like before he caught him. E.g., Does your dog know about what your life was like before you got him?

Anyways, It should be done by the end of the week, if not sooner. If it takes longer than that I will post the Prologue of a Fanfic I've been working on for a while, and hiding in secret. But, I should be able to finish by tonight If I'm fast enough.

With all regards,

-ChrisTom

9:38 Central Standard Time

WOOHOO PARADES!! YIPPEE!! I HAVE OFICIALLY FINISHED MY MIRROR SEQUEL!!

You wanna know what it's called? You really want to know? It is called:

Forget it. Sincerely, Paul

OOH BOY!! I can't wait for you all to read it!!

Last edited:
    Back