• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Question] Help me with my team please( I’m new so I hope I posted this in the right section) thanks

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2022
    Hi guys,(I hope I posted this in the right section 😅)
    This is really embarrassing but I need help fixing my team. I feel that having the freedom and so much choice in Pokémon that scarlet gives me really made my team super unbalanced. I really love all of these guys but after battling the psychic leader tulip(I think that's her name) she destroyed my team with her gardivor 😭. I'm actually going to challenge my brother later and he also has a gardivor and I don't want to embarrass myself. Here is my team if you guys have any suggestions of moves or which Pokémon to replace that be great.

Team:
    Zweilous lvl 50 Modest nature
    Hustle ability
    Hyper voice
    Body slam
    Crunch
    Dragon pulse

Shiny Gallade lvl 36 adamant nature ability sharpness
    Slash
    Swords dance
    Magical leaf
    Psybeam

Pupitar lvl 37 Gentle nature
    Ability shed skin
    Rock slide
    Stone edge
    Crunch
    Earth quake

Shiny Frigibax lvl 33 adamant nature
    Ability thermal exchange
    Bite
    Dragon claw
    Ice dang
    Freeze dry

Meowscarada lvl 40 timid nature
    Ability overgrow
    Seed bomb
    Slash
    Flower trick
    Night slash

Last Pokémon I'm thinking is the armarouge modest nature maybe but I'm not sure because I already have psychic type. I know guys my team is really unbalanced Please help I prefer to keep my starter. Thank you all!

Years
    Alot of things here are weak to fairys so no suprise on the gardevoir. A poison or steel type can help turn the tides, which one youd want is your call. Your zweilous, ontop of being 4x weak to fairy, is also the highest level in comparison to the rest of the team so id recommend getting everyone else up to snuff(some tera raids with the exp candies should do it, albeit time consuming) you REALLY might wanna considering dropping one of your dragons or one of your dark types for more type variety but again, thats your call. I hope this advice isnt too vague but as youve said, freedom is this games biggest appeal

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Sees three main issues:
    1. A lot of type overlap. Mentioned this already. Sees four Fighting weaknesses, three Bug weaknesses, and five Fairy weaknesses.
    2. A lot of late evolutions. Consists of several Pokemon who have yet to reach their full potential. Likens them to a bunch of Magikarps. Cannot have too many without feeling the stats pinch. Needs someone to shine now, not in fifteen levels.
    3. Level. Faced a team of 44-45s with a team of levels 50, 40, 37, 36, and 33.

Some team recommendations
    • Drop Pupitar or Zweilous. Probably Pupitar, due to the level difference. Considers Zweilous quite weak, though. Deals with poor Special Attack and Hustle for quite a few more levels.
    • Grab a Steel, Poison, or Fire type for a Fairy resistance. A few options: Armarouge, Arcanine, Revavroom, and Rotom (Heat). (Do not worry too much about Armarouge sharing a Psychic type with Gallade. Only shares a weakness to Ghost. Carves those up with your Dark types.) Advises against Larvesta, due to the evolution level.
    • Sees a few holes in resistances. Will vary based on your choices above. Possibly Flying Pokemon like Wattrel, Talonflame, Masquerain, and Rotom (Fan) for Fighting and Bug resistances? Avoids a Fairy weakness here.

Some move recommendations
    • Zweilous: More physical moves. Should have roughly even Attack and Special Attack stats with a Modest nature. Boosts physical moves by 50% with Hustle, however. Swap back to special-based moves after evolving.
    • Gallade: Would say get Leaf Blade, Aqua Cutter, Sacred Sword, and Swords Dance. Should be available if go to "remember a move" (or something like that). Drop Leaf Blade for Psycho Cut when you learn it. (Alternatively, if possible, Zen Headbutt via TM until Psycho Cut.)
    • Pupitar: No major changes for now. Lacks any other great options.
    • Frigibax: Drop Freeze-Dry, when able. Hits for sad damage with your Special Attack stat, even against Water types.
    • Meowscarada: Drop Seed Bomb for U-turn. Works great with Meowscarada as your lead Pokemon. Delivers a little bit of damage on top of being able to swap into a better match-up.

Reiterates these to be recommendations, not orders. Do not do anything you would consider un-fun.

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
    Years
    I haven't played the game yet, but seeing your team, I believe you should probably drop all the pseudos if you want to see any improvement. I've used enough of the Deino line to confirm it's abysmal, and absolutely not worth it for a main game playthrough (or generally, but that's another story). Pupitar is salvageable, but you'll need to put in a lot of work and it won't help your Fairy and Fighting weakness problem when it evolves into Tyranitar. I don't know about Frigibax, but Ice is a poor type in general so you're better off avoiding it as well.

Continuing from the advice that people have given here, get a Ghost-type as backup for Meowscarada too. Deva above mentioned Armarouge as a possible team member for a Fairy resistance, but you can also get Ceruledge if you're able to trade with someone who has Violet. Likewise Skeledirge, if there's someone who can trade you a Fuecoco. I'd also look into Gholdengo for its typing (Ghost/Steel); I don't know how far into the game you have to be to get a Gimmighoul and collect all the coins you need to evolve it, but it's worth it. If all else fails, get a Mimikyu - they can be caught pretty early and make a good addition to any team!

Back