• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help on my Blissey

Houndoom666

I like mah teem rite nowz. ^.^
    Years
    Ok. So Fire Blast is a NO. Hmmmmm I am probably gonna breed and get a happiny with Bold nature first and say bye bye to this one I have. And heres how I see it being:

Blissey@Leftovers
    Bold Nature
    -Ice Beam
    -Seismic toss
    -Aoromatheropy
    -??? (hmmm im thinking on a

Sora_8920

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Ok. So Fire Blast is a NO. Hmmmmm I am probably gonna breed and get a happiny with Bold nature first and say bye bye to this one I have. And heres how I see it being:

Blissey@Leftovers
    Bold Nature
    -Ice Beam
    -Seismic toss
    -Aoromatheropy
    -??? (hmmm im thinking on a

Ice Beam and Seismic Toss = No.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Put softboiled in the last slot ;) that way you can heal.

EDIT: Itachi, I use ice beam and seismic toss. lol, it in no way fails lololol

Sora_8920

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Always use Leftovers. Always. Edit: I already did before you Posted that.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Always use Leftovers. Always.

and you still need to read my edit before jumping to conclusions ;/

And yes, lefties as we've said 125 times. Watch out for dugtrio and other counters. that's ice beam's main use ;)

EDIT: then next time we battle I'm not expecting dugtrio :P

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Ice Beam and Seismic Toss = No.

I run Ice Beam and Seismic Toss on my Blissey , it works because bulky ground types think they can safely switch in. They cant lol. It also stops dragons using it as set up fodder. Whilst seismic toss is there for things that resist Ice Beam

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    I run Ice Beam and Seismic Toss on my Blissey , it works because bulky ground types think they can safely switch in. They cant lol. It also stops dragons using it as set up fodder. Whilst seismic toss is there for things that resist Ice Beam

It breaks McGar's subs, destroys Mence and co (dragons), hammers dugtrio, and allows for hitting pokemon like Zapdos who want to stall thee.

Houndoom666

I like mah teem rite nowz. ^.^
    Years
    I knew Ice beam would be in there. Im not changing that.
    So umm......when I get happiny when should I teach Ice beam? Sjould I wait?

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    Ice Beam and Seismic Toss on the same moveset are in no way fail.

Blissey @ Leftovers
    Trait: Natural Cure
    Nature: Bold
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Defense / 4 SDefense
    - Seismic Toss
    - Aromatherapy
    - Softboiled
    - Thunder Wave

Blissey @ Leftovers
    - Softboiled
    - Thunderbolt
    - Icebeam
    - Calm Mind

Blissey @ Leftovers
    - Softboiled
    - Icebeam
    - Seismic Toss
    - Aromatherapy / Thunder Wave

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    A lot of people use it on her, then again, everyone has their preferences.

Oh, I'm just saying I personally don't like it. allow me to explain my reasoning:

Blissey was made to be a cleric. Like, seriously (other than special walling of course). So yeah, I think it kinda should always have aromatherapy. Bliss without wish or softboiled is fail, so I'll add in softboiled. Now bliss needs a way to attack back. IB / Seismic toss. Now I have the last slot. I personally give it IB so McGar and all the annoying counters and also dragons don't poop in my face. Buyt if not Twave is needed IMO. that way you can set up our sweepers and whatnot and gives bliss even more staying power.

you COULD run SR in the last slot, I'm just not fond of it is all.

And houndoom, Skarm and claydol work great with bliss.

EDIT: CM blissey = epic fail ;)

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    CM Blissey isn't fail if you use it with the BoltBeam set. Otherwise, yeah its fail baby.

And Blissey just wasn't made for Stealth Rocking, its moveset has many other possibilities that it can use, and so many other pokemon can use Stealth Rock. So save the moveslot for something useful.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    No, CM blissey fails. PHazers say hi. Critical hits say hi. Physical attackers who are basically PHazing you say hi. It just is a bad set. It shrugs off special attacks fine, and raising its special attack is lol. Why?

You'll get PHazed. Or hazed. even if you kill the foe's hazer, remember that any physical swepeer like hera can blindly switch in on you while CMing and OHKOing you. and of course no one will keep blissey in...oh wait! That means the CM turns were all for nothing ;)

That would be my logic behind it ;)

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    Everything you said was true. I, in no way, said that Calm Mind Blissey is the best or even moderately good. But it is the BoltBeam moveset, and Houndoom666 clearly stated he wanted a moveset with Icebeam.

I would prefer the non-BoltBeam set as its more effective.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Everything you said was true. I, in no way, said that Calm Mind Blissey is the best or even moderately good. But it is the BoltBeam moveset, and Houndoom666 clearly stated he wanted a moveset with Icebeam.

I would prefer the non-BoltBeam set as its more effective.

Just poitning out CM blissey fails compared to standard. and then Houndoom should go with the standard, except -ThunderWave, +Ice Beam ;)

ThePlaya

I Am The Charizard Master
    Years
    Ok now ive finally wised up and got a Blissey. I want to know the best moves and hold item. Ive heard choice band is good but any suggestions about the moves and held items I should use. Im getting Wifi soon and I want Blissey to be in my party.

Here it is:
    Blissey lvl 63
    Nature:Rash
    Ability:Natural care
    Light Screen
    Egg bomb
    Softboiled
    Double-edge (I like this because Blissey's HP is soooo high and the recoil takes very little damage out.)

Im really not proud of some of his stats
    HP:420
    Attack:52
    Defense:52
    Special Attack:134
    Sp.Def:179
    Speed:100

Tell me if he is good at the moment. Also tell me what Blissey needs to improve.

Sorry but i have to say this
    I can't believe that you actually thought Blissey with choice band is good. Two of the same typed move on a poke is MOSTLY always a FAIL. And physical moves on it=FAIL! Then it has a nature that increases its Sp.Attack and you don't have any Sp.Attack's on it. And that nature decreases its Sp.Defense=FAIL FAIL
    And the reason why double edge takes very little HP from it is because blissey base attack is so weak, that it won't do much damage. The recoil that you take is based on how much damage you inflicted on your attacking target(I think is 2/3 or 1/3...i forgot:P)
    So that blissey is just FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL!
    Just go with the seismic tossing one if you have access to it. Or with the Egg Bombing One Ice Beaming one.
    I'm sure many other helpful PC members posted it MANY times.

Back