• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help & Request Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shirayuki Mizore

Pokemon Raptor is STILL going?
    Years
    how come whenever I try to open a RPGMXP project it says "Unexpected file type" and whenever I try to open the game it says "Script failed" or something, when I don't script..:P

Does anybody want to help me make a Pokemon game?

How do I make doors? (Like, I know how to make it so when you click enter near the event you made and made the event " transfer to ...") but I don't remember anything else...(The switches, bascially)

NPCs? (People just walking around, and so you can talk to them)
    Choices? (Did you find that bird? [[Yes]] [[No]]. If you click yes it takes you to your inventory, and you can click "cancel" or click the bird, then if you give them the bird, they give you gold, but if you don't, they say "Then find it!")

Pets? (Animals that can follow you, and you buy them)
    Shops?
    How to make it so when you want a tut of the game, basically, when you go to the spot it shows up, but then it doesn't show up again? [[The text]]?

hehe.

Flameguru

Pokemon: Metallic Silver
    Years
    • Seen May 30, 2024
    Doors: You don't need switches for doors...

NPC: Make an event, set to random movement, give it a charset and some text

Pokemon: Not possible like that, but possible in a way that you wouldn't understand

Pets: Possible, but you'd have to script that or make very long conditional branches and base them on switches.

Tutorial: Switches, like when its done make it say Switch: OFF and set the event to Switch: ON and set it to ON in the beginning of the game.

Atomic Reactor

im having a hard time with trainer battles.
    i just dont understand the notes.
    can sombody give me an example of this kinda battle.
    youngster, with a lv 7 rattata, which knows tackle and tail whip?
    how would i do that. and how would i make it so when he sees you?
    please help. it will be very much appreciated

Shirayuki Mizore

Years
    Help with poccils starter kit!

Whenever I try to open the project file, it says "Actors couldn't load" or something like that. And whenever I try to open one of my other projects, it says "Unexpected File type!" when it is a project file...>.<

Ugh, sorry about the double post.

But, I have a question..

How the HECK do I get text to show up? I mean, I do the event, do the "Show Text" thing and type it in. In the box, nothing shows up. >.<

Uh, also, how do I make my own intro? .o.

-EDIT-

In the intro I have now, no text shows up. how do I make it show up?

Last edited:

Illusion Gaming

RMXP Pro
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Dec 10, 2007
    for the no text thats because you never added the pokemon text to the text folder >.> and to make your own intro what do you mean the graphic or the title scene? and for the not opening, that either means that file got corrupted (so just make a new project and copy that ones rpgxp project file thingy and copy it over yours and it should work), for the actors thingy idk i don't use poccils starter kit

MR.GLITCH_KING

~ThaEmbacy~
    Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2008
    legend of awesome all i can suggest
    is redownload
    check if your rmxp is legal by going to help>about
    if there is any chinese writing its fake
    and try reinstalling rmxp

|Maximus|

I'm back~
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2010
    How can you make an NPC walk, then when you talk to it he/she will say a message.

Atomic Reactor

@axibar: new event. set movment to random. the event should be a "show text" then whatever you want it to say.
    then for the trigger, make it the "action button"
    set the graphic to an NPC.

Shirayuki Mizore

Years
    Thanks, I checked, and mine is 100% legal..

Anyways, where is this "Text file"? O.o
    How do I change the title screen?
    Does anybody have all Pokemon sprites and the battle looks?
    Also, how do I make it so that when i make a new map, for indoors, so that if it is smaller then the limit make it like there is an "invisible wall"?

|Maximus|

I'm back~
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2010
    Thanks, I checked, and mine is 100% legal..

Anyways, where is this "Text file"? O.o
    How do I change the title screen?
    Does anybody have all Pokemon sprites and the battle looks?
    Also, how do I make it so that when i make a new map, for indoors, so that if it is smaller then the limit make it like there is an "invisible wall"?
    Are you talking about poccil's SK?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back