• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Help workshop] Map help thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2010
    Umm, i was wondering if anyone knew how to make a new event in Advanced Map 1.92?
    If you know, please PM me on how to do this. Thank you very much.

Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2010
    I dont know if this has been asked yet so please dont yell....I just need one thing done and am asking anyone to do it for me that is good or tell me how...Im on a mac! Im playing emerald on my iphone and i cant get to rayquaza because of the cracked floor and using a touchscreen phone. Can anyone edit the 3rd floor for me in the rom and just take out one rock so i can walk up the middle stairs to rayquaza? Or tell me how to do it on mac? Im a missionary in Haiti so i cant download to much so if someone could do it for me id be super happy! please help me!

Years
    • Seen Feb 15, 2010
    how do i do my own tileset anyway? because using always the same sucks

tinix

PearlShipper & C Programmer
    Years
  • Guys i have problem with warps everytime i try to enter pewter museum the screen goes black and rom crashes warps work in A-map, rom is firered any suggestions?

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2012
    in fire red, map borders can be resized. Go to the map footer (in an hex editor) and the last 2 bytes will be border's wide and height. 0202 normally. In viridian forest, it's 0302. But, you'll have to repoint the border and write it in hex. not a difficult task

I was able to kinda solve it. I changed the width and height of my map. It was just too big and wasn't matching up properly.

simdu68

asleep all summer zzZZ
    Years
  • I need help with mapping what an inside world of a PokeBall would look like.

hmmm......thats a good idea^^
    but don't worry, I will not steal it, I don't need it ^^
    me I'm here to help you, if you want I can make a pokeball inside world tilset for you, but for when do you need it? coz these next weeks to come I will have not time, only maybe in 2-3 weeks....
    VM me coz I don't always check up this thread.....
    or I will VM you^^

Years
    • Seen May 25, 2010
    HELLP on emerald

I cant fix a room map... it has a grey outline border instead of a black border. i have made the room big but it still wont work... help!

Pokedragonking

Dragon Master Tashlan
    Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2010
    I'm new to hacking, and I'm catching on okay, but I'm having a few problems. One: how do I add more maps? Eg. A new route. I can create the map but it won't let me add a new name. Two: I can't seem to get warps. (I use Advancemap) I can edit current warps, and I can warp to ones Ive created, but not from. Eg.: I made a cave for ho-oh, and to check it, (since I have to start a new game to do so) I made a warp coming from the hero's room, on his carpet. It didn't work. I tried it from his door, it works. The person script worked great, but the warp that I placed there did not. I tried movement permissions=0, =default, =1 (like in littleroot), but nada. Help?

Last edited:

Resultz

All- round Poke-Whizz
    Years
  • Okay im not sure if this is the mapping or the scripting, although i havent changed the scripting. But i get a problem after i have a double battle with the trainers on route 104 of Ruby.
    Th problem is that i cannot move the player, and my input controls only the camera. Anyone want to shed some light?

Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2012
    i have a problem with my snow tileset and i need some help, it always appears above the hero instead of under, it behaves that way with other objects. Can someone please help me?

I managed to fix this, if others have faced this problem, here is the solution and the problem: If you are experiencing this behaviour, it is because you placed the tile you wanted on the rightmost side, it should be on the left side, with a grey (blank) tile on the right side, (yes i used advance map block editor)

Last edited:
    Years
  • Okay im not sure if this is the mapping or the scripting, although i havent changed the scripting. But i get a problem after i have a double battle with the trainers on route 104 of Ruby.
    Th problem is that i cannot move the player, and my input controls only the camera. Anyone want to shed some light?

It's neither mapping or scripting related- it's the Behaviour of an NPC/Trainer on the map, one of them that is set to Look Down. Change it to "No Movement", and the 'camera controlling' will no longer occur.
    @JirachiFan99, that's the background byte of the tile. Click on the purple puzzle piece icon in A- Map, select your snow tile, and with the scroll-box select "Block is covered by hero".

Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2012
    I'm new to hacking, and I'm catching on okay, but I'm having a few problems. One: how do I add more maps? Eg. A new route. I can create the map but it won't let me add a new name. Two: I can't seem to get warps. (I use Advancemap) I can edit current warps, and I can warp to ones Ive created, but not from. Eg.: I made a cave for ho-oh, and to check it, (since I have to start a new game to do so) I made a warp coming from the hero's room, on his carpet. It didn't work. I tried it from his door, it works. The person script worked great, but the warp that I placed there did not. I tried movement permissions=0, =default, =1 (like in littleroot), but nada. Help?

1.Go to the house with the sun icon, then type in a tileset, i suggest getting some from the other map headers.
    2. Simply make a house/cave opening/forest entrance, go to events, click 1 up for no. of warps, and click change events, you should turn the sprites off, then type the map bank and the map in the respective areas, the format for maps should be this: (map bank. Map).

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2012
    I need my weather to be sunny and clouds reflected in the water.

But for some reason, other stuff is reflecting it as well, like the mailboxes in front of the houses and other things.

How do I get this to only reflect on water and nothing else?

EDB

Years
    • Seen Sep 9, 2015
    I seem to be having trouble getting a warp to work... Before you all go ballistic and point me at the tile behaviour etc., I'll mention that I've tried all that.

Basically I want a cave entrance to act as a warp. I'm hacking FireRed and the current zone I'm in is an edit of Veridian City, which by default doesn't have any behaviour set for cave entrances. I went into block editor and set it to 67 00 (normal warp), after using other caves dotted around the game as precendents.

However, the warp still doesn't work. I does work, however, if I set it to Warp/Door. This isn't that great though, because it has the wrong sound.

Any suggestions/ideas as to how to solve this/why this is happening?

Kind thanks in advance.

Years
    • Seen Jan 24, 2012
    when using advance map,

if i make a map named "route 200"
    and inserted it.
    then i make a new map named.... "bob town" (lol just to say)
    and insert that.

then, save it or change map.
    say good bye "bob town" hello "route 200"...... yep now i have 2 "route 200"
    and the tileset changes as well...... and some times, just some times! the map size changes as well!!!!!!!!
    any idear? its a pain

Years
    • Seen Sep 13, 2021
    okay so i made my first map
    and i want to start my own game right, but im so lost! like my ONE map looks decent, i just need help because i want to make my own game!
    any help?

file:///C:/Users/User/Desktop/Pokemon Hacking/Pictures/pkm game.DIB

my map^

i don't think you can see that. if not, sorry

You're linking a file on your computer. Not a problem :D You need to upload it to a file-sharing site first. I'd suggest using mediafire.com. First, click the giant green
    indexbgsprites.png
    button. Next, click the yellow area
    screenshot20100723at121.png
    . Now, locate that "pkm game.DIB" file on your computer, click ok, & then click the
    begin_upload.gif
    button. You'll see some sort of progress screen & when it's done, "Upload Complete" will show up in huge green letters. Next to your file's name, a link called "Share" (in blue) will show up. Click that & then copy the "Sharing URL" (In the
    screenshot20100723at121.png
    tab).

Paste that "Sharing URL" (that you just copied) in a new post & now people will be able to download your map :D Hope this helps. Feel free to shoot me a PM if you have any problems :)

smellybellysrock

Legend Of Band Camp: You ready
    Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2011
    (I did a search and found nothing)

How do you change the tilemap? Because i want to put in a different tree from d/p/p into the ROM, i have the sprite and everything, but i cant put it into a BVD (or whatever the export block option in AM saves as) file.

Halp.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back