• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Intro] Henlo Guise

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2022
    Hey guys, I'm a 23 yr old from Georgia, US that likes to play Pokehacks a lot in their downtime. I haven't played a main series Pokemon since 2017 because I didn't like the concepts behind Let's Go, SwSh, or BDSP. Legends Arceus looks nice though, and I just recently got a Switch, so I'll be sure to try that one out. My favorite hacks are Kanto Black, Nameless FireRed, Dark Rising Origins: Worlds Collide, and CrystalDust. I haven't had a lot of time lately to actually finish hacks, but some on my scouting list are Unbound, Voyager, Orange Islands, Orange (GBC), and Glazed. I might try out ROM hacking FireRed or Emerald at some point! I'll be sure to post in the respective sections if need be. It's nice to meet you all, I hope everyone is enjoying their time here!

Years
  • Hey guys, I'm a 23 yr old from Georgia, US that likes to play Pokehacks a lot in their downtime. I haven't played a main series Pokemon since 2017 because I didn't like the concepts behind Let's Go, SwSh, or BDSP. Legends Arceus looks nice though, and I just recently got a Switch, so I'll be sure to try that one out. My favorite hacks are Kanto Black, Nameless FireRed, Dark Rising Origins: Worlds Collide, and CrystalDust. I haven't had a lot of time lately to actually finish hacks, but some on my scouting list are Unbound, Voyager, Orange Islands, Orange (GBC), and Glazed. I might try out ROM hacking FireRed or Emerald at some point! I'll be sure to post in the respective sections if need be. It's nice to meet you all, I hope everyone is enjoying their time here!
    Eyy 23 year olds unite! I'm turning 24 this September, so I'm thankfully still part of this club for another couple months lol.

Anyway, welcome SmithEnigma! ROM hacks are awesome to play, and we got a huge list of them here for you to check out if you don't already know (but I'm pretty sure you do :3) I don't have a Switch myself, so I sadly can't enjoy the new PLA game, but hopefully you do! Be sure to check out our Legends: Arceus section if you wanna participate in discussions pertaining to it :)

Back to ROM hacks, that's a neat list. Definitely do Unbound and Glazed. Some of the best I've had the pleasure to experience; the former blew my mind with just how much polish there was to it. I'll add in Fire Red Rocket Edition and Gaia to that list too if you haven't played those yet.

Oh and hey, if you use the platform, we also have a Pokecommunity Discord that's a tad more active than the forum heh. Linking here just in case you didn't already see it on the home page.

If you have any questions or concerns, don't hesitate to ask for help. We'd be glad to lend a hand~ Anyway that's it from me. Hope to see you around, and have a good one!

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Welcome to the forums, SmithEnigma!

Lots of people join for our robust ROM hacking catalog, but many end up staying for the fun of the community! I'd be hard pressed to recommend any fangames, but I'm positive you'll find everything you need for playing (and building your own!) fangames in the ROM Hacking section. :)

Years
  • Hello & Welcome!

I'm not really into Rom Hacks myself, but I've been playing Legends and having a blast ^.^
    I can sink in multiple hours just doing random research tasks and roaming around stalking mons and tossing balls at them =D Tried my luck at catching an Alpha Heracross yesterday and after 30 minutes of stalking it and trying to capture it I gave up D= For now.... I know where it is after all +_+
    The main thing I still need to get used to is the menus rofl, quite different from regular Pokemon Games.

Which Switch did you get? the new OLED one? the lite? the regular one?
    Are you interested in any other games on the Switch or is it just Legends:Arceus atm?

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2022
    Hello & Welcome!

I'm not really into Rom Hacks myself, but I've been playing Legends and having a blast ^.^
    I can sink in multiple hours just doing random research tasks and roaming around stalking mons and tossing balls at them =D Tried my luck at catching an Alpha Heracross yesterday and after 30 minutes of stalking it and trying to capture it I gave up D= For now.... I know where it is after all +_+
    The main thing I still need to get used to is the menus rofl, quite different from regular Pokemon Games.

Which Switch did you get? the new OLED one? the lite? the regular one?
    Are you interested in any other games on the Switch or is it just Legends:Arceus atm?

Hello! I just bought a used one from GameStop and tbh I don't remember what kind of switch it is. I'm pretty sure it's OLED, that sounds right to me, but not 100% on that one lol. I have Dark Souls, Breath of the Wild, and Link's Awakening. I've been playing Dark Souls for like the 6th time and BotW is amazing, but haven't gotten to Link's Awakening, yet. I'm also doing another playthrough of Metroid Prime 2: Echoes. I love how creepy that game is, it's pretty dark for a Nintendo game. I can't believe games like Dark Souls and Skyrim, etc come out for the Switch. We really are living in an unprecedented time for Nintendo. Anyway, I probably won't be playing PLA for the next month or two, but I'm loving hearing about all the new stuff.
    Spoiler:
    Thank you for such a warm welcome, you and the others posting on this thread!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Hey guys, I'm a 23 yr old from Georgia, US that likes to play Pokehacks a lot in their downtime. I haven't played a main series Pokemon since 2017 because I didn't like the concepts behind Let's Go, SwSh, or BDSP. Legends Arceus looks nice though, and I just recently got a Switch, so I'll be sure to try that one out. My favorite hacks are Kanto Black, Nameless FireRed, Dark Rising Origins: Worlds Collide, and CrystalDust. I haven't had a lot of time lately to actually finish hacks, but some on my scouting list are Unbound, Voyager, Orange Islands, Orange (GBC), and Glazed. I might try out ROM hacking FireRed or Emerald at some point! I'll be sure to post in the respective sections if need be. It's nice to meet you all, I hope everyone is enjoying their time here!
    Hi, welcome to PC! You sound like you're a hack connoisseur at this point, especially when you've gotten to the ones on your future list as well :) Nice to hear!

I hope you'll have fun in the community; check out our Discord server too for even more chitchat - there's fangame and hack channels there too ^^

tenfrogs

mrs. van mccann
    Years
  • Welcome!!

If you liked Breath of the Wild, you should enjoy Pokemon Legends! I haven't played much of it but I've been really blown away by the little I have played! Shining Pearl is taking away all of my time

As starwalker said, definitely check out the Discord server! Is fun in there :3

Back