• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Herp-Derp Moments

jammi567

What moments have you experianced in playing the games where something should be obvious, but you don't realise it is until much later?

For example, for the longest time, I thought that HM01 Cut and Lickitung were both Grass types - until I actually bothered to use the move in battle.

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
    Years
  • For the longest time when playing Gold, I always thought Lugia was Water/Flying. I assumed that because he learns Hydro Pump by level-up and can learn all kinds of Water-type moves. It wasn't until I resumed playing Pokemon about 5 years ago that I found out Lugia is Psychic/Flying. Go figure. :\

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    I have always thought that Gyarados was a dragon type, when I heard he was flying, I wasn't really that surprised though. The worst I ever had, was that up till now I was 100% sure that Suicune was ice type, until me and my friend discovered he was water, not too long ago. I was so shocked!

Itstoppedatumbreon

Destroying Zubats since 1996
    Years
  • me and myolder brother were sure that there was no flying type in gen I. Dunno why, but probably because misingo or sumin were bird types.
    I realiesed last week :0

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I initially thought that Remoraid and Octillery were separate Pokemon. I don't remember exactly when I realized that Remoraid evolved into Octillery.

Charicific

PkMn Trainer
    Years
  • Man I laugh at those days.....
    Yes I did have the same issue with CUT, I was so certain it was a grass type, but when it didn't score a super-effective hit on rock types I was Like O_o WTF?!?!

I also though the same about Lugia, I mean C'mon, he lives under the sea, he is the Gurdian of the Sea, and he is caught while he already learned Hydro Pump. From my Certainty of him being a water type, I taught him only water type moves. I also made him an HM Slave XD.

Yes Also the same thing with Gyarados.

I never knew Charizard Was a Flying Type too. I thought his second characteristic was a Dragon type. Now I know it doesn't make sense since he is a starter. All of these were long time ago, when I got the hang of PkMn so don't be shocked :P

Back then, I didn't even know the difference between Special and Physical Attacks.

I always messed up between the Nidoran Gender, Its so Ironic.

psychomew2

Rank 1: Otsdarva
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2014
    I thought Electric didn't affect Rock, until I used Thunderbolt on a Nosepass. >.<
    Ya know, I had the same problem until I used an electric attack on a rock type (forget which rock type though, obviously one that wasn't part ground). The anime was so missleading in that regard XD.

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
    Years
  • I also up until about 2 years ago didn't know that Bug was super-effective against Psychic and Dark. That was up until I had my Butterfree used Silver Wind on a Slowbro in FireRed, and it was super-effective. Then I looked it up and found out it's also super-effective against Dark. :\

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • I've always thought that Lugia was in fact a Water and Flying type since it has wings and lives and swims under water. But when I found out that it was a Psychic/Flying type, I was like why?

:t354:TG

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • I didn't know Electric moves worked on Rock-types. ;o; Until Gen 2, when I hit Sudowoodo with an electric move. ):
    In Gen I; I totally thought that Gyarados was Flying/Water/Dragon-type.

I didn't know Electric moves worked on Rock-types. ;o; Until Gen 2, when I hit Sudowoodo with an electric move. ):
    In Gen I; I totally thought that Gyarados was Flying/Water/Dragon-type.

I know. When in Soulsilver I saw Aerodactyl with lance i was paniking because my team had a major weakness to rock. (Houndoom,Yamega)
    and dragon (kingdra) so i was pissing myself while my houndoom was attacking. Aerodactyl goes first. ****

.rock slide. wait for it. still green. Silence. my face stuck like this -> :/ for an untold amount of time. Then Houndoom attacks. Thunder fang. Critical Hit!
    foe aerodactyl fainted
    My face- :DDD
    lance's face-ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
    OMG
    Herp-Derp Moments

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
    Years
  • I thought slowpokes evolution line was slwopoke, slowbro, sloking. Not a split evo. Just recently looking at bulbapedia I saw it was a split evo. :O

Truality

Left for good
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2013
    My biggest mistake was to disregard the existence of happiness (in gen II and for a while). I just thought that my Golbat evolved into Crobat at level 52 because that was the stable level, and nothing more. I first learned about it on the internet, how it works and how your pokemon gain/lose it. I was like, GAHHHHHH-ing.

Ev Trainer X

Your average insane gamer
    Years
  • I think everyone had the same problem with Lugia, lol.

For the longest time, I always thought Far'fetched evolved into Doduo. It didn't help that they're right next to each other in the 'Dex.

Back