• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hetalia

Hetalia Canadia

Ivan Braginski
Years
  • I love this anime so much! ^^ It makes me laugh, and I actually do learn geographical and historical facts from it sometimes. c:

For those of you who haven't heard of it:
    Hetalia's basically a web-comic turned manga turned anime, about the world's countries, turned into people, and gives a comedic twist on world events. It's funny, entertaining, and informative even.

Bay

Years
  • I enjoyed the anime version of Hetalia a lot. Yeah, fun to learn some history and geographic there. However, I have one complaint. There has been a couple instances where the show is going yaoi route. Not against yaoi or anything, but the show seems to be going to that route do to fan service.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • I enjoyed the anime version of Hetalia a lot. Yeah, fun to learn some history and geographic there. However, I have one complaint. There has been a couple instances where the show is going yaoi route. Not against yaoi or anything, but the show seems to be going to that route do to fan service.

It's a bit hard to not do so when the gender ratio among the characters is like 9000:1.

Although I don't like it either. >=[

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    I watched episode 1-10 two months back I think.

Seems like a great anime that I'll be watching more of when I'm given the chance.

HoneyBubbles

walk this way
    Years
  • I love aph. :0
    Himaruya's sense of humor is so silly - I love it. Plus I've learned countless little fun facts that have helped me in History and English class.
    The anime is perfect for me, since its dificult for me to pay attention to most anime for more than 5 minutes at a time. Haha.

Reflux

Reflux
    Years
  • If there was an english version
    (if there is i'd love to be directed to it)
    I'd definetly check it out, seems interesting.

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
  • I actually despise the series. Well not the manga, I find Liechtenstein to be really, really cute.

But I found the anime boring, and the fan base is... horrible/scary over here.

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
  • I love it, obviously, kohei's right. The fandom is really scary. If you go on the LJ community for it, you'll see. It really is strange.

Buuuut, I haven't watched an episode since Ukraine and Belarus showed up, so meh =u=...

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
  • A female friend who's obsessed with Hetalia has shown me a few pages from LJ communities.
    Yeah, I thought fandom inside the Japanese community was frightening, but on an international scale...

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
  • See, I don't think there's anything wrong with cosplay. I don't do it, but I don't think it's unacceptable.

Well, RABID Hetalia fans have ~*~meet ups~*~ where they cosplay and take pictures, the normal stuff people do at anime conventions. But I couldn't tell you how many times I've seen an America cosplayer and an England cosplayer making out with each other, like FULL ON OPEN MOUTH MAKE OUT SCENE GROSSNESS.

I can't say that doesn't happen for other fandoms, but ಠ_ಠ.....

Years
  • Ah, Hetalia~ an awesome anime. America/England x3

...Don't be hatin' on the serious fans, though. D: One of my best friends IRL is a cosplayer who goes to the meet-ups. It's just an opportunity for a bunch of people with common interests to get together and have fun. Dunno what's so wrong about that; lots of fandoms do it.

yaminokaitou

りゅうのマスター
    Years
  • Hetalia is hilarious. America is so ridiculous that it's great. And I love Japan and China too. Everyone's represented so well.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I like Hetalia. Or well, I find the anime amusing but the fans who take it super srsly kind of scare me. :/ I also really, REALLY do not see the appeal in all the popular pairings in the show. I mean, I know I have weird tastes (America/Canada OTP hells yeah!) but I just... I honstly do not see the US/UK pairing at all and you can't go five minutes in the fandom without it popping up in droves. Usually I can at least see where it comes from but so far? It just eludes me entirely. Maybe it's a manga-only thing. (I tried to read the manga ages ago but never found anywhere that was accessible and easy to navigate to obtain it, so the anime is really the only official source I keep up with.)

Am glad Canada is in the anime more often now. He's the main reason I like it. I've shipped Canada/US as countries as a joke for aaaages, long before Hetalia, so it's really the main reason I keep up with the series at all--because it gives me a more "normal" venue to ship it with, haha. /lame fan ahoy

Oh, and I do like Germany and N. Italy and I think they're hilarious. :( Now that some of the East European countries have been in the anime longer, I've kind of warmed up to them too, but honestly they all look so similar to me--I still can't differentiate any of their characters so they don't really interest me at all ahahaha. ._.;

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
  • I like Hetalia. Or well, I find the anime amusing but the fans who take it super srsly kind of scare me. :/ I also really, REALLY do not see the appeal in all the popular pairings in the show. I mean, I know I have weird tastes (America/Canada OTP hells yeah!) but I just... I honstly do not see the US/UK pairing at all and you can't go five minutes in the fandom without it popping up in droves. Usually I can at least see where it comes from but so far? It just eludes me entirely. Maybe it's a manga-only thing. (I tried to read the manga ages ago but never found anywhere that was accessible and easy to navigate to obtain it, so the anime is really the only official source I keep up with.)

Am glad Canada is in the anime more often now. He's the main reason I like it. I've shipped Canada/US as countries as a joke for aaaages, long before Hetalia, so it's really the main reason I keep up with the series at all--because it gives me a more "normal" venue to ship it with, haha. /lame fan ahoy

Oh, and I do like Germany and N. Italy and I think they're hilarious. :( Now that some of the East European countries have been in the anime longer, I've kind of warmed up to them too, but honestly they all look so similar to me--I still can't differentiate any of their characters so they don't really interest me at all ahahaha. ._.;

Wellllll... in Hetalia, pairings are made because of real life international affairs and stuff. It doesn't exactly have anything to do with the show. Like, in USxUK, the "Special Relationship" thing actually exists, and there's actual tension going on. That's why random pairings (USxUK being one of the not-so-random pairings) are popular.

But hell, I ship Prussia x Romano(South Italy) mainly because I like the way their personalities clash(ENDLESS. H8. BATTLE.) It really depends to be honest~

And it's hard to tell them all apart, I know x_x; I still confuse Hong Kong and China. I even thought Prussia was England one time haha ._.;

;ALDKFHG HETALIA IS A STRANGE FANDOM EITHER WAY ;w;///....

Years
  • Well, I really just started to be a fan of Hetalia last June when I watched episodes 1-19 straight. XD

I was just really curious. Turns out it's very funny and really nice to watch, plus my love of History really pushed me over the top.

To be frank, RABID fangirls and boys are endemic in the Japanese entertainment fandom...so you should be inoculated by now. XD

HoneyBubbles

walk this way
    Years
  • But I found the anime boring, and the fan base is... horrible/scary over here.
    Oh dude, YES. The fanbase anywhere really puts me off. Well, most of it.
    Hetalia has, for the most part, become a series I can enjoy only if I avoid most of the fanbase. And I stay away from cons and meet-ups for any series, really.
    When I first got into the series I liked the weird quirky sense of humor a bunch of the fans have, but now I'm not lovin all the rabid fangirls.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • See, I don't think there's anything wrong with cosplay. I don't do it, but I don't think it's unacceptable.

Well, RABID Hetalia fans have ~*~meet ups~*~ where they cosplay and take pictures, the normal stuff people do at anime conventions. But I couldn't tell you how many times I've seen an America cosplayer and an England cosplayer making out with each other, like FULL ON OPEN MOUTH MAKE OUT SCENE GROSSNESS.

Oh, CCCCRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAA------

Note to self: remind best friend never to do that. Or get caught on camera doing that.

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
  • I do love the series. It's quite amusing and it MIGHT help me in History tests and stuff.

See, I don't think there's anything wrong with cosplay. I don't do it, but I don't think it's unacceptable.

*facepalm* Rabid fans, they ruin everything...

Back