• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hey, got some recommendations?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
I read the first one and the first half of the second one of that series. I used to be in to those types of books, but I'm not as much any more which is why I stopped reading it. Let me think... I know that Clare has come out with a new series called the Infernal Devices which is actually a prequel series, and a fourth book for the Mortal Instruments. You might want to look at Maximum ride, Missing, Skeleton Creek, the Red Pyramid, The Demon King, Virals, Everlost, and the Ranger's Apprentice.

Anyways, I'm looking for books that involve futuristic, dystopian societies such as The Giver, Unwind, and Life As We Knew It.

Try out The Chrysalids by John Wyndham, Feed by M.T. The series by Anderson Scott Westerfeld which is very much like what you are talking about. Gathering Blue is the sequel to The Giver, but I think some characters are changed. Try those out, see how you get on.

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017

Try out The Chrysalids by John Wyndham, Feed by M.T. The series by Anderson Scott Westerfeld which is very much like what you are talking about. Gathering Blue is the sequel to The Giver, but I think some characters are changed. Try those out, see how you get on.

I'll have to try those out. Right now I'm reading the first book in the series by Westerfeld and it's really good. Oh, and Gathering Blue is more like a sister book and Jonas makes a cameo appearance (there is also a third sister book called Messenger that Lowry wrote, if you are interested).

Back