• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

hey there!!

tinyjolteon

call me pocket
Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2019
    hey everyone!! i just wanted to drop in and say hello! my username is obviously tinyjolteon but i'd rather be called pocket if that's alright (i would've picked pocket but that was taken). i've been a pokemon fan since the release of the first movie when i was a little girl, or i guess you could say before that? i picked up a strange fascination with pikachu from the adverts. the point is, i've been a fan of pokemon for as long as i can remember and it's just sort of a part of my life so joining a forum like this only seems natural.

i've been watching the forum for years, particularly the parts involving rom hacks and game development. i was nervous about joining such a large forum but i've begun working some with pokemon essentials and from what i've gathered this is the best place to ask questions about it. i won't be hanging out exclusively in the essentials-related forums--if i have an account i might as well make good use of it, right?

aside from pokemon, i enjoy homestuck, adventure time, gravity falls, legend of zelda, and a bunch of other stuff!! i love making new friends but i can be a little shy, so if i don't say a lot don't take it personally unu

BadPokemon

Child of Christ
    Years
  • Welcome to the poke community forums! It's ok to be a little nervous. I can be too. Pikachu is one of my favorite pokemon also! I'm a little new, but I've made a few friends already. You will feel right at home. The moderators are awesome and very helpful. They are also extremely nice. I have had a great time. Most people are very nice and friendly here. I hope you have a great time!

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • Don't be shy! We'd love to meet you, and become friends with you! You and I have a lot of interests already, so, I'd love to speak and be pals with you anytime you'd like! Welcome to the forum, pocket, and have a happy Merry Christmas to you!

I used to loooove watching the first movie! And that's around the time I thought that Psychic-type pokemon were really overpowered, ahaha. Pikachu is a pretty cute pokemon; I used to love using it on Pokemon Yellow, leaving the battles mostly to it! It was a tough lil'guy, but, of course ground type pokemon like Geodude and Onix were a constant problem, ahaha. But you know, we love getting more and more pokemon fans, and you has an addition will help the forum blossom to a more fun place! :)

Yes, our forum is pretty popular partly thanks to the Emulation board, where members love to go and post their own hacks, or download and play the hacks that other members have made! Well, I'm very glad that you've made an account at last, and I hope you're liking PC so far! And yes, feel free to head on over the the Game Development board anytime you need assistance to anything related there! Our kind members would more than gladly help you out!

I love the Legend of Zelda games too - have you played A Link Between Worlds? I thought it was a really nice game, with an interesting story! It sort of reminds me of Ocarina of Time because of all of the captured Sages and stuff, and you'd have to awake them all, and the controls were pretty easy too. Mmm, but, what's your favourite Zelda game? Mine's are Wind Waker, Ocarina of Time, and Twilight Princess, for their overall plot, but Skyward Sword is a great mention too!

Ah but again, we're really glad to have you on the boards, just in time for Christmas! I hope you'll have an amazing stay, and don't hesitate to ask a staff member for any sort of assistance! We'll love to see you around as you post around the boards you like, and I'm really hoping we can see each other again, since you do seem like a friendly and nice girl! <3

tinyjolteon

call me pocket
    Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2019
    i suppose i should have mentioned pikachu's not among my favorites anymore? it was just new to me when i was a little girl. i think what drew me to it is the fact that i've always been attached to animals, but the only cartoon animals i was familiar with were commonplace animals that had been made more humanlike in different ways. the things that werent real, the monsters, were the bad guys. seeing 'monsters' of all shapes and sizes working with and helping people was a new concept and i just latched onto it. to be fair, pikachu wasn't the only one subject to this fascination. various digimon and sonic the hedgehog (because i didnt know what a hedgehog was and even if i had, sonic doesnt resemble one much at all) were also victims of my strange obsession. i was like four or something. those were dark days.

i didnt understand the workings of the game well enough to really think psychic pokemon were overpowered. or to get through mt moon. god i hated mt moon. poison was pretty underpowered until the addition of fairy types. as much as i love them and i hate to see my poor bbys thrashed by poison, the fact that poison types only had one advantage was pretty unfair.

what would you say if i told you i was literally just making a post in the essentials section of game development asking for help until i opened essentials myself and looked at it for about five minutes before answering my own question? because thats a thing that i just did. i did learn that maruno's not feeling up to adding the new generation to essentials (and i can't blame the guy, he's done a lot already and i'm grateful for that) but there are members taking care of that on their own. i think i'll join them, maybe.

oh gosh im still new to the legend of zelda!! i hated it for a while because when i played wind waker, the first enemy fight spooked me and i wouldn't touch the gamecube for a while after that. over time my opinion gradually became more neutral until lately when i actually tried playing again and w ow. im kind of easily startled but at least video games dont scare me anymore. not unless theyre strictly horror games like amnesia.

thank you for being so kind, and merry christmas to you both as well!!

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • Welcome to PC Pocket and Merry Christmas!!

The first movie is a great movie and one of my favorite. My all time favorite Pokemon movie though is The Movie 2000! A lot of the movies are really good though. If Pikachu isn't your favorite then what is? I'm just wondering cause I don't think you've mentioned it. Mine is Treecko cause he's just so cool!

Anyway, as Aura Blackquill mentioned, both Emulation and Game Development will be good places for you. We get if you don't get developing a game completely cause not all of us can. I know I could never make a game. There's just way too many confusing stuff for me haha. Don't give up yourself though. Game Development has all you could need to help you along and you can ask as many questions to the regulars and moderators there as you like. They'd gladly help you out. Both Game Development and Emulation also have tools and resources that you need for game making/ROM hacking. Don't give up and good luck!

It looks like you like some of the same things as me, especially Adventure Time! I've been a fan of the show since at least April of this year and I'm now waiting for more episodes to air. It's been ages since we had a new episode and I really want to see how season 5 ends. I suggest you check out my Adventure Time (not trying to shamelessly plug, but a mere suggestion)club. We have lots of fun there and clubs are just really awesome.

But anyway, I hope you have an awesome stay here and a wonderful Christmas doing whatever you've got plans for. Have a great day!

tinyjolteon

call me pocket
    Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2019
    my favorite pokemon movie is probably pokemon 4ever!! im not even really sure why, i just like it a lot!

ah my favorite pokemon? sylveon, espeon, and umbreon are all tied for first. i can't pick just one of them!! i also like arcanine, houndoom, fennekin, liepard, and a bunch of others.

i've been playing around with game development for a few years now but have never really gotten far because every time, it seemed like some obstacle would pop up and make it hard for me to advance and i'd have to go back to the start. i guess because of that, i know now what i need to look for and plan out before i even begin and i feel confident in saying pokemon essentials and the resources i've found will be exactly what i need. i know it can do what i need it to do, the only questions i have are just a few little points on how and so far i'm answering a lot of them myself.

i've been a fan of adventure time since the beginning (which is to say its start on cartoon network, i wasnt around back when it was just a frederator short) but i haven't been very active with it lately. with my work schedule, i can't keep up with new episodes and i've fallen pretty far behind. i still like it and i want to catch up!! i just haven't been able.

perhaps i'll join clubs when i feel a bit more comfortable here. merry christmas to you as well!

Years
  • I recognize your avatar! Actually have that Jolteon picture saved. n_n; It's adorable! Welcome, Pocket. :D

The 4th movie is pretty great yeah, but I have a soft spot for the third one especially.. the English ending theme is beautiful. But the Jirachi movie is probably best when it comes to ending songs and that one made me cry a few times. Never gets old! On that note, I should probably rewatch these from the beginning since the Pokemon movies are quite wonderful.

Have you seen Regular Show? :) Adventure Time is pretty cute but I find myself watching RS more than anything when it comes to cartoons, haha. As far as AT characters go I really like the genderbent ones most so those would definitely be my favorite episodes! Nothing beats Marshal Lee, hehe.

I hope you enjoy your time here! You seem really great and quite talkative, which we love seeing in new members here. Best stick around as we definitely wouldn't want to lose such a person. See you around and have a great Christmas~

Back