• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hey Yo

Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2016
    So i joined a while ago just to post in the Romhack section but I figured I'd might as well start posting in other places. The anoying thing at the top of the page gave me the idea.

My name is actually Nick, I'm 25 and legally blind. This as you might expect caused a lot of trouble with handheld games back in the day. Still does but thanks to emulators and playing on your TV, I can enjoy PSP adnd DS and GBA and all of that. Although I had none of this back in the 90s when everyone in my generation was gripped with the Pokecraze. I had to settle for the anime, which I still love. Point is though I never actually played Pokemon until a few years ago and I'm mainly playing hacked versions because it makes the story a lot less tedious.

So yeah....that's me. I'm glad to be here and I'll try to be a more diverse with my activity. Probably gonna check out the Fanclub section.

Hatsune Mika

FireRed Nuzlocke
    Years
    Welcome! Its really fun and here. I'm sorry to hear about your condition but its okay ^_^ no one here is judged and all here are loved by pokemon and welcomed by fellow PC members.

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
    Hey there Nick, I hope you're enjoying the ROM Hack section so far! We have many talented ROM hackers there, in which there are a wide collection of great completed ROM hacks there! What ROM games are you playing so far? I'm trying out Flora Sky and loving it so far, but haven't gotten in too far yet, ahaha~

It's great that you're enjoying the games too! The anime is definitely amazing; I remember as a kid, I watched the first season of the anime where I always wanted to go on a little pokemon adventure too, in which, playing the pokemon games was a close enough step for me, so, I begged my parents to buy me a Gameboy Color and a Pokemon game when I was young, teehee. Fortunately that came out to Pokemon Yellow and a turquoise game boy color, and teh rest were just really fun memories!

Anyways, I do indeed look forward on seeing you post in the Fanclubs, and I hope we can see each other around PC in general! Give me a call anytime you have any questions or concerns about PC, okay? And have yourself a great and memorable time during your stay! :3

Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2016
    Thanks for the welcome! ^^

I'm aurrently playing Light Platinum but I was thinking about trying Flora Sky as well. I was also considering one of the Gold hacks because, like I said, never played any of the "classic" games. A lot of people seem to agree that G/S/C were the best so maybe Prism or the Christmas one would be right up my alley. Also I simply want ait because I'm already kinda lost after the first 151. I know a decent number of Gen II thanks to watching all of Johto in the anime but a lot of these new hacks, proclaiming to have Gen IV and V Pokemon, none of which I know a thing about, and I get all confused.

I definitely recommend Shiny Gold! I've played that one all the way through and really loved it; was one of the first ROM hacks I actually finished. Light Platinum is also really popular so hopefully you've been enjoying that one. Welcome to PC, Nick!

Pokemon is pretty great and it makes me very happy to see how many different people it attracts. Glad you've been enjoying everything it has to offer - you'll be able to discuss it all here, too, so be sure to stick around. :D We've a lot of earlier generation hacks around so you'll have choices for games that don't include Pokemon from the newer generations, though perhaps now might be a good time to try others and start learning the more recent Pokemon? Up to you of course but I'm sure it'd widen your choices if you gave games with the newer Pokemon a try. There are many amazing ones.

Enjoy your stay and hope to see you around! Let the staff know if you've any questions about the forum. Let me know if you're ever interested in chatting, too.

Back