• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hey You, Pikachu(N64)

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
    Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    Has anyone ever played this game before. It's very fun. It's a game where you play with Pikachu and bond with it. You can autually talk with Pikachu though a mic with your own voice. I loved playing with Pikachu, I still have the game, as a matter of fact.

HeidiMoose

[Insert User Title Here]
    Years
    Haha, I remember Hey You Pikachu. :P
    I felt kind of silly talking to it through that microphone.
    And sometimes it wouldn't listen to me, and that made me very mad.
    But I remember fun things like going fishing and whatnot. And it would measure the Pokemon that you fished up. :D

Actually, that game really made me wish they could make a whole RPG game like that with the microphone and everything. So you could command your Pokemon with your voice and whatnot.. I think it would be a really interesting way to play Pokemon. I think it'd be way more realistic. :3
    I wonder why the never explored further with that type of feature.. : /

Imagine how cool it would be on the Wii. You could, like, motion the Wiimote to throw a Poke Ball and all kinds of stuff. <3

Jessie

Don't forget to be awesome.
    Years
    Hehe, I remember that game. I bought it as a set with my N64, which was blue with a giant Pikachu on it. Ahhh, I miss that thing. My mom sold it in a yard sale, along with my Pokemon cards. *GRRR*

Konekodemon

Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    hey that's what I got as well, I also got the Pikachu N64 with the game, expect I still have it, also there's a rumor that on the game is a Caring for Caterpie Part 3 that you can unlock if you get all the Caterpie to evolve in 1 day on part 2, is this true

Years
    I bought the game right around the time it came out, but did so seperately, not in the package deal. I couldn't convince my parents to buy me a third N64 (at the time, we had a regular black model which we bought in 1996 right as the system was released, and a Jungle Green model from the Donkey Kong 64 bundle, which we bought sometime a few years later). Needless to say, I really want one of those Pikachu systems. =P

I still have the game now, but the VRU microphone thing it came with is long gone, so I can't play it anymore.

Derek

Teh Breeder
    Years
    That game was full of win.

I loved the little "Whos that Pokemon" quiz on the TV. ^^

Konekodemon

Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    yea, about my question though, is there a Caring for Caterpie 3 or not

another question is, I was going to record a video walkthrough of it but how do I get my voice of me talking to Pikachu onto the recording

Last edited:

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    This game frustrated me the first time I played it. XD I rented it after getting heavy dental work done so I couldn't speak clearly because of the gauze in my mouth and thus it was very hard to get Pikachu to do anything. :(

I do enjoy this game, though. It was one of my favourites as a kid. I played through it last year in the summer, too. (Though I must admit, it didn't really stand the test of time; I didn't enjoy it too much last year.)

yea, about my question though, is there a Caring for Caterpie 3 or not

another question is, I was going to record a video walkthrough of it but how do I get my voice of me talking to Pikachu onto the recording
    Maybe use two mics? :/ Record yourself talking the whole time with a mic plugged into the computer while also using the N64 mic and then just overlay the audio of you talking. Or find a mic splitter, if they exist.

dude2207

pokemon master man
    Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2023
    hey you pikachu is a awesome game. i never can stop playing it.

Saud-Blaziken

You Think You Can Beat Me?!
    Years
    is pokemon channel a sort of remake to this game cuz i played pokemon channel and i didn't play Hey You, Pikachu also from what i read in the post's this seems to be a remake right?

Mr. Pokemon

Still rockin' the DS Phat
    Years
    is pokemon channel a sort of remake to this game cuz i played pokemon channel and i didn't play Hey You, Pikachu also from what i read in the post's this seems to be a remake right?
    Pokemon Channel is more like a spiritual successor. Pokemon Channel obviously doesn't have microphone (though the GCN did have one, so it would've been possible) and in Pokemon Channel all you really do is watch TV.

Saud-Blaziken

You Think You Can Beat Me?!
    Years
    Pokemon Channel is more like a spiritual successor. Pokemon Channel obviously doesn't have microphone (though the GCN did have one, so it would've been possible) and in Pokemon Channel all you really do is watch TV.

ok thanks
    oh ya pokemon channel is boring you just watch TV there is no point.

Shining Platinum

Lovin' Kallen till I die!
    Years
    I had good and bad memories on that game.
    Pikachu is a some what b*tch in the game 'cause it doesn't listen to me when i play this game.

Kraka-chan

From the Kraka Club
    Years
    I've heard a great deal about it. The game never came out over in Europe, mostly because of the voice recognition having problems with British regional accents.
    That's the same sort of problem games like Dr Kawashima's Brain Training pose.

BTW, I didn't particularly like Pokemon Channel. I only got it so I could get Jirachi.

Capt. Couch

Wake me... When you need me...
    Years
    Heh, I remember that game. I still have it, and my VRU mic and N64 still work like a charm. The only thing I'm missing is the foam ball that goes on top of the mic.

I got it as a Christmas present from my uncle the year it came out. It was fun then, and still is fun today. I remember getting all emotional when Pikachu said it was leaving forever, even though it showed up at my house later. What can I say? I was only seven.

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
    Years
    • WI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    I remember that game was hard because the mic was not good and the voice was never clear enough for pikachu to understand you. Unless this was my mic that was mess up, but anyway, I still enjoy the game! I suggest getting Pokemon Channel for GCN because if you like being with pikachu. Pikachu is in that game too and its a fun game too. =]

Konekodemon

Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    that's weird, whenever I speak to Pikachu it understands me very easily

Capt. Couch

Wake me... When you need me...
    Years
    I remember that game was hard because the mic was not good and the voice was never clear enough for pikachu to understand you. Unless this was my mic that was mess up, but anyway, I still enjoy the game! I suggest getting Pokemon Channel for GCN because if you like being with pikachu. Pikachu is in that game too and its a fun game too. =]
    If it doesn't understand you, it usually means that you're either not speaking loud enough or you're speaking with an accent it can't understand.

Your mic might be messed up too, but mine has been partially damaged by the likes of my dog, yet it works as well as before.

I've always found its reactions Pikachu makes when you spew random babble and nonsense at it to be hilarious. I've also insulted it before, and it took them as compliments. xD I guess Pikachu just likes to mess with me. :laugh:

Back