• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

hey!

vapid

mortigi tempo
Years
  • hi! i'm sarah and (unsurprisingly) i love pokemon so i'm surprised i've never stumbled across and joined this forum before!

about me, i'm 18 and a sixth form student from and living in the east midlands, uk. i study english literature, music and art (which fortunately are also my main interests!) and eventually want to go on to study english lit at university. i also have a part time job as a barmaid/waitress at my local pub! pokemon is really my 'main' videogame, and i've on-and-off been a shiny hunter for over 3 years now! i mainly hunt in pre-gen 6 games (simply because i prefer the look of the 2d sprites) but i also own pokemon moon and enjoy breeding for ivs + shinies in that as well.

i'm always unsure of how to introduce myself but i hope i've put enough information across? i love engaging in conversation and talking to new people, so it's exciting to join here!

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • hello! welcome to the forums :)

i am also 18, and i live on the west coast of canada! i mostly study english/literature stuff, but i'd probably like to go into programming at uni so i've been shifting my focus a bit. pokémon has been my main game for ages as well, nothing else I've tried can really replace it. also, i'm glad somebody agrees with me about 2d sprites being better than 3d models, ahah. i've been arguing about that for ages. you should check out the shiny hunters club, it seems like you'd enjoy it!

i think you introduced yourself just fine, dont worry about it! you can feel free to send me a message if you want to talk more or if you have any questions, ok? have fun!

Years
  • Hi Sarah. o/ Welcome to PC!

I love art and writing too, even though I'm very sporadic with them both. Pretty awesome how you already know what you want to study in uni.. I'm 25 and already graduated and still have no clue where I'm heading. lol

Enjoy PC. <3

vapid

mortigi tempo
    Years
  • Spoiler:

hey! i've already had my complete shift of focus, i had my heart set on doing maths at uni but it ended up not suiting me atall since it was very 'restrictive' (as in - there was always a right answer and a wrong answer) and i missed having the creative freedom of the subjects i study now. and i've never really been a massive gamer? nothing holds my attention for very long and it took me forever to actually go out and buy a 3ds that i missed out on X/Y & ORAS! i'll check out that club, i love reading about and seeing other's shiny encounters, it's inspiring!

Spoiler:

hey and so do i! i'm always nervous about introductions because i never really know what to say about myself! and i can get along with pretty much everybody as long as they have some sense of humor (which i've seen a lot of here so far, so yay!)

Spoiler:

hey! i'm very sporadic too, i can have small periods of being super inspired, then not want to do anything creative atall for long periods afterwards? and they're the kind of hobbies that if you don't want to do them, they're very difficult to do x: and i'm still tentative, i'm glad i held myself back a year because it's given me time to change my focus! i started last year wanting to do maths, then joint honours maths & music, then resat the year and wanted to do just music, and now i want to do english lit. i feel like i need to know since it'll be september next year when i'm heading off there! i've got no clue what i want to do afterwards though, i try not to think about it haha

Spoiler:

hey! i really hope i do c:

thank you for the warm welcomes everybody!

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
    Years
  • hi! i'm sarah and (unsurprisingly) i love pokemon so i'm surprised i've never stumbled across and joined this forum before!

about me, i'm 18 and a sixth form student from and living in the east midlands, uk. i study english literature, music and art (which fortunately are also my main interests!) and eventually want to go on to study english lit at university. i also have a part time job as a barmaid/waitress at my local pub! pokemon is really my 'main' videogame, and i've on-and-off been a shiny hunter for over 3 years now! i mainly hunt in pre-gen 6 games (simply because i prefer the look of the 2d sprites) but i also own pokemon moon and enjoy breeding for ivs + shinies in that as well.

i'm always unsure of how to introduce myself but i hope i've put enough information across? i love engaging in conversation and talking to new people, so it's exciting to join here!
    Hey Sarah, welcome to the community. You made a good decision joining in.

And don't worry, your intro was really good.

With so much competition around, not everyone gets into their preferred field (at least I didn't), but good to know that what is study is also what interests you.

I totally agree, the 2D sprites are way better than the 3D ones, but I'm probably saying that because I haven't played any games after Gen V :P.

If you're looking for someone to talk, you can always drop in a VM :). See ya around.

Pika Pika :chu:

Back