• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HG and SS released in Europe on March 26th!

Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2010
    Definitely worth pre-ordering from Amazon considering it's only £30 at the moment, with the RRP on its release being £39.99. I was going to wait a few months and get SoulSilver once I've completed HeartGold, but screw it, I'm getting both!
    Though I'm disappointed there seems to be no promo items with it... :(

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    Amazon.co.uk are stating that March 26th is the official release date, and considering how slow they've been in putting HG/SS on their site at all, I think you could say it's pretty accurate. :3
    If I had to choose my dependent value on either an official source or Amazon, I would more than likely turn to an official source. Noting how UK's release date was informed through their Official Nintendo Magazine the likeliness of the release date changing is slim. Amazon on another note (as well as GameStop) would rather list an estimated date or placeholder until the release date is announced (like done so recently).

I'm so glad it isn't coming out ages after the US date. Is there any real reason for that? All they have to do is change 'elevator' to 'lift' and i don't think they even do that.
    Besides change in a few words, the Euro version of the game also had to negate the allowance of enabling players to take part in the Game Corners of the game. Taking note of the recent pattern how the UK version of the game was usually at least three months after the US release of past Pokémon games, it was unexpected for it to be this early. As to why it usually took so long more before, the answer to that is inevitable, however it seems they put more effort into the release in HG/SS than some before it.

Andrew McKenzie

Supporting Pokemon Since 1999
    Years
    How Dare You ! ! !
    Final Fantasy XIII > Pokemon :)

Dude. This constitutes as spam.
    Besides, it's a difference of personal opinion. Not fact.

I'm so glad it isn't coming out ages after the US date. Is there any real reason for that? All they have to do is change 'elevator' to 'lift' and i don't think they even do that!

We say elevator here in Ireland, and in England. Not lift.
    Color needs to be changed to Colour. Favor to Favour.
    There's a lot of words in the English language that Americanised English has different.
    Such as realise being realize in America.
    Seriously though, why does Americanised English have such minor differences?

Anyway...
    Like other people said. There's the disabling of the Game Corner.
    And I assume some code has to be changed so that we receive events given out here in the UK.
    Same goes for the whole code.
    If the thing was exactly the same, we'd also be able to use the States HG/SS AR Codes. But we can't. So there's more to change than you think.

Might pre-order it now. =D

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Yeah.Actually, most Cumbrians (part of England the news ignores.But Scottish news ignores us too), say lift.

But mint!!!I knew it'd be close to US, like Platinum.I mean, we get US wi-fi events, not Europe ones

.light

Airplanes in the night sky...
    Years
    Ooh we have a date now? I'll keep some money aside ot buy it when it comes out. I wonder if we'll get free styluses with the two legendaries like with Pearl and Diamond? Because currently I have no stylus. |:

Can't wait for the games anyway though! =D

You can buy 50 styluses off of ebay for like 6 dollars, and thats with the postage
    I would give a link but i cant ;(

SPEEDIE

*Insert Random Joke Here*
    Years
    One wonders when the Australian release will be...

Well when i read about the European release date on Bulbapedia it said PAL regions and Australia is part of that. But the Heart Gold and Soul Silver Australian release date on Bulbapedia is N/A and on Wikipedia it is March 2009

Guitar God in Training

Glam Metal Rules
    Years
    I think I'll be preordering them from GAME since that's the shop that gets all the preorder bonus gifts.

I got my Palkia stylus and Giratina figure from them and I got the Zelda: Spirit Tracks tin and figures from them so I'm assuming they'll be giving away the Lugia, Ho-oh and Arceus figures when you preorder both versions. (I'll eventually have them both and I might as well get all three figures)

The reward card is another bonus so I'll get a little bit of money back from the £60 or £70 I'm going to have to save.

Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2010
    Excellent news, i'm going to pre-order this as soon as it appears on Amazon, i've looked but can't seem to find it at the moment

It's definitely on; I've preordered both games from there. Make sure to type HeartGold/SoulSilver instead of Heart Gold, Soul Silver with spaces. It's definitely worth ordering now as Amazon are offering it for £10 than the normal retail price.

Neko-sama

The Perverted GFX God
    Years
    Im holding my breath for GAME to give us maybe an event pokemon as they usually hold the exclusive items for games when they come out over here. Although us pokefans in UK get fudged as we dont get many events.

Gunna buy em both on release day =)

The Fourteenth Doctor

The little... Daleks
    Years
    It's definitely on; I've preordered both games from there. Make sure to type HeartGold/SoulSilver instead of Heart Gold, Soul Silver with spaces. It's definitely worth ordering now as Amazon are offering it for £10 than the normal retail price.

Thanks, i've just checked again and finally found it, i've pre ordered it, can't wait

Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2010
    Im holding my breath for GAME to give us maybe an event pokemon as they usually hold the exclusive items for games when they come out over here. Although us pokefans in UK get fudged as we dont get many events.

Gunna buy em both on release day =)

I'm hoping we'll maybe get Mew/Celebi either from an event, or even just a Wifi distribution. I was gutted that I missed the EU Shaymin item distribution (I hadn't played Pokemon for a few months and the event date had to be then, right...) So I'm going to keep a super close eye on websites. Hopefully we might get some kind of GAME or Toys 'r' Us event, although the T'r'U ones seem to be a more American thing.
    Fingers crossed though!

Neko-sama

The Perverted GFX God
    Years
    Anyone know why GAME or anyone like that doesn't have it on their website for preorder??

I could tell you but it'd probably warrant a warning from a admin/mod cos it'd involve alot of !*%&$!!!! ^_^

If you'd like to pre-order it instore you can always do that, ALL GAME stores have a list of future releases behind the counter even if they haven't recieved a set date yet. All you need to do is go in with your GAME reward card and ask to pre-order it. They wont charge you until you pick it up unless you aren't a GAME reward member.

Don't ask me if they'll arrange a delivery cos i dont know but if you can pick it up then they can do that.

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
    Years
    Anyone know why GAME or anyone like that doesn't have it on their website for preorder??

IIRC, GAME aren't too amazing at updating their website with stuff on time. :/ If you have a store near you, I recommend going in there and asking about pre-ordering. Especially if they're going to be releasing promotional items/events with 'em.

Back