• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HG and SS released in Europe on March 26th!

.Wolfie-kun.

The Raggedy Doctor
Years
  • ... Wow - much faster than I expected but hey, I'm not complaining XD

Will be buying (or pre-ordering) SoulSilver (depending on any pre-order bonuses) as soon as I get Mass Effect 2 (Already pre-ordered) and when I get money sorted for Final Fantasy XIII also.

... Goodbye social life *Shot'd* XDDD

Neutrino

The Jelly-Stuff of legend...
    Years
  • March can't get any better! First, Doctor Who's new series starts in March. Then, a current production of Windy City starts in March, in which I'm playing an important character! And now, HG and SS are coming out in March too!! I think it's slated to be the best month of the year. Also, my little brother's birthday is also in March. ;)

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
    Years
  • March can't get any better! First, Doctor Who's new series starts in March. Then, a current production of Windy City starts in March, in which I'm playing an important character! And now, HG and SS are coming out in March too!! I think it's slated to be the best month of the year. Also, my little brother's birthday is also in March. ;)

Doctor Who is coming back to us in MARCH?! Oh my god. That month is actually going to kill me from sheer win; Doctor Who, Pokémon HeartGold and the DSi XL! :D

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • With the US and UK release coming out in March, one could only assume the Australian release shouldn't be far off. If I recall correctly, I do remember Jake (Anthony La) saying it was reported by TPCI that Australia should be receiving their copies of HeartGold and SoulSilver by April. So, until an official confirmation of this is released, the Australian date isn't known, but might not be that far off from the US and UK release.

As for the month of March, I can say it will be a memorable month this year for fans of the game and Nintendo. With Pokémon Platinum ranking number 10 in the most sold games of 2009 (from Nintendo, XBox, PC, PS3, etc.), HeartGold and SoulSilver may have better ranking by the end of this year, but one can only wait to find out.

SuperBeano11

Pokemon Hacker
    Years
  • Sorry if it's already been posted but PokeMon will hit the DS on March 26th! Plus the PokeWalker accesory to take around with you!
    I know that I'll be waiting until March to pick up a new DSi and the new games (probably HeartGold first), but does the PokeWalker need to be on belt or can it work in pocket bag etc?
    :)

I Thought That Is The American Release Date Im Preety Sure It Is

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • I Thought That Is The American Release Date Im Preety Sure It Is
    No, the information given on UK's release date is March 26th 2010. It has been confirmed by the the Official Nintendo Magazine of UK of this date. As for the American release of HG/SS, this will be the 14th of March 2010. However, there is slight possibility of this date being changed, but it is unlikely.

Last edited:

Pokéthan

I Do What Nintendon't
    Years
  • I always thought that Australians recieved PokeMon games quite fast, in the older games like Gold, Silver, Ruby etc didn't Australia get them a few minths after Japan then the rest of the world later?? I could be wrong!!

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
  • Yay, I'll probably buy SS a while after it comes out in scandinavia (... which is the same time as anywhere else in Europe lol)...
    This game's gonna be so awesome to play in English... ^¬^

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
  • Yayy ! Finally !

OF course Romania will get them a bunch later ... *sighs* we are not such a good country and we always get games waaaaay later . Lame .

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • That's wonderful news. I was expecting it to be around June but it looks like I have less wait this time around. I have to start saving up now since I plan to get it when it comes out which means the price will probably be around the £37 mark. I hope there is a special event like with the release of Diamond and Pearl - I would love to visit London to buy it.

Olliee

Spreading the Pokerus. PM me
    Years
  • Wow! I was really also expecting a June release :)
    Im thinking about getting a Gamestation pre-order though as it usually comes with a few promotional items, like Diamond and Pearl did :)

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • I might just smuggle myself into a British guy's luggage, travel to the United Kingdom, and get it before my American friends can. :O

Gosh, I always thought it was Japan > America > United Kingdom > ...

Pokéthan

I Do What Nintendon't
    Years
  • I personally dont think they're going to get it up for pre-order anytime soon cos they don't care as it's not really a blockbuster game except for the fans.

Thats sad! Seeing as a few years ago all PokeMon games where so hyped!!

Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2010
    I might just smuggle myself into a British guy's luggage, travel to the United Kingdom, and get it before my American friends can. :O

Gosh, I always thought it was Japan > America > United Kingdom > ...

It is... the American one is released slightly earlier.

Flechazo

Eternity Web & Game Designer
    Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2011
    The game isn't that far away from us european, but I never saw some articles or so on shows or magazines about these games (in europe) - Maybe I'm wrong!

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
    Years
  • The game isn't that far away from us european, but I never saw some articles or so on shows or magazines about these games (in europe) - Maybe I'm wrong!

The Official Nintendo Magazine this month had a tiny sneak-peak of HG/SS in it, and on the podcast they said next issue they'll do a full-on review. :] But I don't know if ONM is UK-exclusive (I suppose it is, thinking about it XD).

Back