• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HG/SS Help Thread

Yoak

Pokemon Battler In-Training
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2012
    Pre-Ho-oh Training help!

I suck. Well, at training at least. I beat Clair, and am now ready to battle the Kimono sisters. Problem is, I can't beat them! I'm a great battler, but lack training skills. I've beaten every trainer, and battle a lot of wild Pokemon, but i always end up around -10 levels around the elite four.
    So, I need help. I've decided (As no other pokemon I have will work) to take a dratini under my wing. I've actually gotten it to around my level.

Here's my team:
    Dratini Lvl:28
    Magmortar: Lvl 32
    Ampharos: Lvl 35
    Golem Lvl: 33
    Maganium Lvl: 36
    Pidgeotto: Lvl 34

So what I need is to know:
    A) What should I do right now to get stronger? Don't say anything about EV, because I've already trained a bit, and I'm not looking into that right now
    B) What can I do to overall become a better at training? I want to know, not only through regular gameplay, but also after the game. In platinum, I constantly get bored when training any Pokemon. Help?

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Lol. Uhhh..I tend to have the t.v. on whilst I do it. Have the volume on so you can hear everything, in an area where it's easy to run around in long grass, and you can train pretty fast.

I trained up to lv.50 from lv.30 outside the Safari Zone....

Still, everybody has their differences. If you could get somebody to give you a Lucky Egg, that'd double experience gain

Years
    I want to know something. How long does it take you to charge up your nintendo ds, dsi, or lite. I have a nintendo lite and my charge 1/2 a day. Is this normal. O.o

Edit: I also looking for an ice type pokemon. Will Swinub or jynx will be good. I don't like articuno. It has a lot of weakness.

Years
    If you can evolve Swinub, which shouldn't be that hard for you to do, it's a pretty good attacker. I haven't had much experience with Jynx so I can't help you in that aspect, but Swinub is definitely a good choice.

Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2010
    I also looking for an ice type pokemon. Will Swinub or jynx will be good. I don't like articuno. It has a lot of weakness.

I was looking for the same thing. I didn't like Jynx at all, she was really weak and got pwned by stuff way below her level.

I ended up using a Vaporeon with a couple Ice moves. That worked out really well against the Blackstone gym and all its dragons.

Years
    I don't like water pokemon that knows ice move. The attacks are not enough. Icebeam is just plan boring. Well I'm facing lt surge now. I'm having trouble with the puzzle. I unlock it, but when I push the other side of it and it locks it back. Darn.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
    Jynx is fine if you teach it moves like icebeam and Blizzard. Plus it's pretty fast, in fact it's base speed is higher than Dragonite's.

Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2010
    Hey guys, more trouble on my side

I'm currently facing the elite 4 for the second time, and I can do fairly well with the 4, but Lance's Salamence sweeps through my whole team ¬¬ I can barely get a hit in, it's too fast.
    So I've been trying to decide on my pokemon team for a while, now. What I have so far is..

Feraligatr
    Ho-oh
    Magneton

The last 3 slots can be taken up by any of the following pokemon..

Dragonite, Snorlax, Latias, Kadabra, Lapras, Suicine, Starmie

Which of these 3 should I include in my team? I need at least 1 psychic and one that could kill Lance and his team.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
    For the one to kill lance and his team, I would go with Lapras.
    As for the psychic, why not Alakazam?
    Then I would just have the Snorlax for some Raw Power, but Dragonite would do pretty well in there too.

Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2010
    I want to know something. How long does it take you to charge up your nintendo ds, dsi, or lite. I have a nintendo lite and my charge 1/2 a day. Is this normal. O.o

Edit: I also looking for an ice type pokemon. Will Swinub or jynx will be good. I don't like articuno. It has a lot of weakness.

It usually takes my DS Lite around 3-4 hours to fully charge from Red battery indicator.

elroid

Noob
    Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2010
    Hi, i would like to know what does CMT means? I've seen this word in many forums and all the time i thought it was 'Comment' but it seems that i'm wrong

me2hack

Graphics Artist
    Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2011
    Hi, i would like to know what does CMT means? I've seen this word in many forums and all the time i thought it was 'Comment' but it seems that i'm wrong
    "Check my Thread" basically used when trading for pokemon, trader will say 'cmt', and that means to check their trade thread for offers you like.

Guy

just a guy
    Years

CMT = "Check my thread" in most cases on a forum. n_n;

Anyway, the HG/SS Help Thread isn't for questions about online abbreviations/acronyms or anything other than help on HeartGold and SoulSilver. So, please only ask or answer questions here if they are related to HG/SS, thank you. If you do have any questions, concerns or suggestions about the forums though, then I'd like to direct you to the Community Questions & Feedback forum we have available.

Years
    I'm looking for a flying pokemon. What kind you yall use in your party? I would use golbat, but it doesn't have enough poison moves. It only knows poison fang. Let me know. Thanks.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
    If you evolve golbat to crobat and use a heart scale you can teach it cross poison. Plus after you beat team rocket go to that toll booth thing on the way to the lake of rage and talk to the guy to get sludge bomb, and you can teach that to Crobat.
    If you can get to Mt. Silver, you can get Natu, I've never used it but it's pretty good.
    If you can get to the Safari Zone, then Murkrow is an option.
    If you can get to Blackthorn then you can get Skarmory if you have SS. If you have HG, you can get gligar, but the best flying attack it learns is Aerial ace, and it can't learn Fly at all.
    Other than that, there's the main legendaries, Fearow, Pidgey, Charizard (if you've beaten red or got a member of the charmander family off of GTS or something) Dragonite (from extremespeed dratini or Voltorb flip prize) and I think that's enough suggestions.

Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2010
    For the one to kill lance and his team, I would go with Lapras.
    As for the psychic, why not Alakazam?
    Then I would just have the Snorlax for some Raw Power, but Dragonite would do pretty well in there too.

I can't evolve Kadabra into Alakazam because I don't have anyone to trade with.

Can anyone suggest a moveset for a Lapras and a Dragonite? Ingame, ofc, so I like to sweep.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    I can't evolve Kadabra into Alakazam because I don't have anyone to trade with.

Can anyone suggest a moveset for a Lapras and a Dragonite? Ingame, ofc, so I like to sweep.
    If you have your DS connected to the internet through WiFi, then you can ask someone on PokeCommunity to do it forum you. The Quick Trade Thread over at the Trade Corner would be perfect (or if you know someone on PC who has WiFi, that would work too).

As for Lapras, in game, most movesets work. I would recommend Ice Beam and Surf as they gain STAB and Thunderbolt also works for other Water types. Honestly, it's up to you.

Back