• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HG/SS Help Thread

Kip

🔥 Fluffy Fire Fox
    Years
    • Age 32
    • They/Them
    • UK
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    Sigh. Oh well, at least it's name is 'Chansey' right now.

Thanks. :)

If you really want to have a Chansey with a nickname then the best course of action would be breeding. Stick the Chansey in the day care with a Ditto and then eventually you'll get an egg. Once it hatches you'll be able to name it and you would be the OT.

LuVrDiSC

pokéGirL Power !
    Years
    It all depends on IVs really; like the IVs of a certain pokemon can determine what characteristic a pokemon has; like if its "Alert to sounds"
    then it can have a good speed IV. And you may know that IVs are what a pokemon can have to have a max number of speed; like Salamence has a 350 max speed, etc.

You could get both parents with the same characteristic and there's a good chance that the baby will have the same characteristic.

Mmm hope this helps... V///V

thank u this makes sense to me about IVs :) ... im trying for a Speed Characteristic. the female(mother roselia) has the Speed character "quick to flee" the male(father roselia) has the character "somewhat vain" for some reason all the eggs come out "somewhat vain" or another random characteristic.

i cant find any info online to confirm which gender determines the characteristic but in my experience after this breed i will mos definitely say it is the Male that determines the babies characteristic...

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Both parents contribute the IV's for a specific stat so theoretically either parent could end up determining the characteristic for the baby Pokemon... it depends on which IV stat each parent ends up contributing and whether or not another stat has higher IV's than the stat from either parent.

Personally, I just plug the numbers into an IV checker and I don't even bother with the characteristic... I want to know the exact IV's of my Pokemon.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Thread is outdated in...what manner? =/

But an IV checker - well just google IV calculator and you'll find programs that calculate IVs according to nature + stats of a poke. Serebii has one, psypokes has one, etc. If you mean something else...clarify please.

Charizard203

Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2019
    Thanks that really helped I thought it was in game. But they can't get the exact IVs though. Like NPCs say all Pokemon are different.

Sapeiro

Random Trainer
    Years
    Thanks that really helped I thought it was in game. But they can't get the exact IVs though. Like NPCs say all Pokemon are different.

You can get them quite accurate if you complete every detail in the calculators, like EV (if trained), Hidden Power, Characteristic, best stat, etc.

Several NPCs around Johto and Kanto give you the information ~

Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2011
    Is it possible to get a shiny Celebi

well you see im one of the lucky ones to own a legit celebi as i traded it of a guy who got it in japan from a event.But it has made me think is it possible without hacking to obtain a shiny Celebi?

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
    I do not believe so as the events shininess is pre-determined so as of now I believe it is impossible to have a shiny Celebi,Mew,Manaphy or Arceus. (I believe)

Blazesaga

Even heroes can lie in shadows
    Years
    well you see im one of the lucky ones to own a legit celebi as i traded it of a guy who got it in japan from a event.But it has made me think is it possible without

to obtain a shiny Celebi?
    I do not believe so as the events shininess is pre-determined so as of now I believe it is impossible to have a shiny Celebi,Mew,Manaphy or Arceus. (I believe)

sorry, but you're wrong, there is a way to obtain a shiny celebi, though it takes a while. What id did to obtain mine was i had reset the game game just when it shows you the pic of the pokemon for the first time then reset it if it isn't shiny, or you could trade for one on the GTS. Don't worry, i have two (one from the real event and one from the GTS) the event will still work even if that player that you're trading with hacked it.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2011
    what?

Thanks for the advice but something really werid happened to my friends sapphire we were on route 123 and were just roaming around and then a battle started and a celebi was in the grass! please someone explain what this is, is it a event or something? could a get a shiny celebi from it?

Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2012
    For calibration, I need to catch a Pokemon with atleast level 50.
    But I wouldn't know where I can easely catch one level 50+...
    Do Rare Candies work aswell? (Catch one level 40 and give him 15 rare candies)
    Or does Ho-Oh work? (Level 70)

Thanks!

me2hack

Graphics Artist
    Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2011
    For calibration, I need to catch a Pokemon with atleast level 50.
    But I wouldn't know where I can easely catch one level 50+...
    Do Rare Candies work aswell? (Catch one level 40 and give him 15 rare candies)
    Or does Ho-Oh work? (Level 70)

Thanks!
    In Mt. Silver beyond the waterfall are a few lvl 50 Pokémon you can catch.

den899pop

Jolteon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2011
    is there any place in soul silver i can get a gracidea flower. (got shaymin from another friend )

Back