• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HG/SS Help Thread

Kip

🔥 Fluffy Fire Fox
    Years
    • Age 32
    • They/Them
    • UK
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    No to vulpix, but swablu can show up in a swarm once you have the national dex. Check the Oak and Mary radio show, they tell you what's swarming daily.

If they are going to swarm, they will do so on Route 45. Vulpix is version-exclusive to SoulSilver, which means the only way to obtain one is to trade from Soulsilver or any other Gen IV game. You can also import one via. the Pal Park from the Gen III games.

FrostPheonix

Eternity.
    Years
    Right now I'm trying to breed a male machoke with ice punch and cross chop to my female elekid. Is it possible.

I (among others) already told you itsang. Stop posting again and again.
    A list of the three the people who told you.

Spoiler:

If you wanted to just know if that egg group works, say that. And i did it for you (serebii), and, yes, you can.

Last edited:
    Years
    I put a male machoke and a female elekid in the the day care and then the old man say they prefer to play with other pokemon than with each other. What have I done wrong?

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    I put a male machoke and a female elekid in the the day care and then the old man say they prefer to play with other pokemon than with each other. What have I done wrong?

It has to be Electabuzz; Elekid being a baby Pokemon cannot breed until evolution; so once its evolved it should breed.

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2011
    You can get a Beldum by trading a Forretress to Steven at the Silph. Co in Saffron City. Then raise it to Lv21 and evolve it into Metang and then raise it to Lv45 and then evolve it into Metagross.

Okay I have a fortresses and am in saffron city, I went to the silph. Co but the elevator is broken? Please help.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    Okay I have a fortresses and am in saffron city, I went to the silph. Co but the elevator is broken? Please help.

Steven should be all the way over in the east side of the building. On the 1st floor, if he isn't make sure Red has been defeated.

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2011

Steven should be all the way over in the east side of the building. On the 1st floor, if he isn't make sure Red has been defeated.

Oh okay.. So I have to defeat red? And also, what are your opinions on the best team? Not for red, just in general. Like fire,water, etc.

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    Best Team (in general) is:

Starmie / Slowbro / Lapras/ Feralagatr

Scyther / Scizor / Heracross

Ampharos

Ninetales / Arcanine

Togekiss / Fearow / Crobat / Skarmory

Rhy(don)perior / Sudowoodo / Golem / Eeveelution

This is a pretty good team, but I think I should be doing this in the RMT In-Game Part of the Forums. :/

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
    Can anybody help me out with the Safari Zone? I'm confused about the items and the passage of days. It says I can get a Spheal after 40 days. But does that mean I have to put down the right items and then wait 40 days for a Spheal to appear?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Can anybody help me out with the Safari Zone? I'm confused about the items and the passage of days. It says I can get a Spheal after 40 days. But does that mean I have to put down the right items and then wait 40 days for a Spheal to appear?
    Yes. You have to put down 18 Water objects in the Peak area and wait 40 days.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
    Okay thank you! Darn, why does it have to be such a long time though? >.<

Years
    I'm trying to breed an evee out of my vaporeon. My vaporeon level is 12 right now. I haven't trained it much. And my ditto is in the 50's. I want to know what is wrong with it. I talk to the old man and it says they didn't like each other. I do not know why. Please help me. I had them in there for a while. They don't show no sigh on loveness.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
    I'm trying to breed an evee out of my vaporeon. My vaporeon level is 12 right now. I haven't trained it much. And my ditto is in the 50's. I want to know what is wrong with it. I talk to the old man and it says they didn't like each other. I do not know why. Please help me. I had them in there for a while. They don't show no sigh on loveness.

They will breed, just give it time. When it says they don't like each other it means they will breed it will just take a while.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
    It's going to take a while for them to breed because Evvee is a rare pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2011
    For the list above^ of a good team do you need TM moves to make them good or just moves they can learn by leveling up?

Back