• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HG/SS Help Thread

Years
    Doing that won't affect the region coding of the games themselves, so you should still be able to receive Mystery Gifts from your appropriate region and the like.

Also, Belize is part of North America anyway, so it wouldn't really have any effect. :P

Even if you changed it to something like Australia, Afghanistan Great Britain, or Japan, it wouldn't have any effect.

^.hydro

Missingno's Homie
    Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2010
    Ok Celebi? What event is that? When is it? How does it work?

Years
    Currently there is no date set for release anywhere.

Basically, Nintendo will release a Fateful Encounter Celebi sometime in the future. Taking it to Ilex Forest will trigger an event that will take you back in time 3 years.

Spoiler:

Or are you talking about something else completely?

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    This is just kinda a random thought, but what if you tried to use and evolutionary stone on a Pokemon holding an everstone? (will it have the 'It will have no effect' message?)

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    O_e i dont see red, when do i battle him? at night?
    Ignoring the unneeded comments above [which by the way have been removed], you battle Red at the top of Mt. Silver after defeating the Elite Four. If you're referring to Blue however, whom is the Gym Leader of Vermillion City, then you can only challenge him after you've defeated the first 15 Gyms. After, you meet him on Cinnabar Island [at least what's left of it], talk to him, and he'll leave. You go back to Vermillion City and he'll be there.

If you're talking about Gym Leader rematches, and want to have a rematch with Blue, then I believe looking at Serebii's site on all the Gym Leader re-battles will help you out a bit. [link]

Forbidden1

csgo
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2020
    no, i mean i know where to battle red... its just when i reached the peak, hes not there...

hoboX10

World Dictator
    Years

Ignoring the unneeded comments above [which by the way have been removed], you battle Red at the top of Mt. Silver after defeating the Elite Four. If you're referring to Blue however, whom is the Gym Leader of Vermillion City, then you can only challenge him after you've defeated the first 15 Gyms. After, you meet him on Cinnabar Island [at least what's left of it], talk to him, and he'll leave. You go back to Vermillion City and he'll be there.

If you're talking about Gym Leader rematches, and want to have a rematch with Blue, then I believe looking at Serebii's site on all the Gym Leader re-battles will help you out a bit. [link]
    You mean Viridian City not Vermillion City. ;)

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2012
    what can you get on the wifi mystery gift?
    because all i got was the yellow forest and that seemed pretty anticlimactic...
    i mean i love surfing pikachu and all but that doesn't seem like that would be it

Toxicroak

Mustard
    Years
    it needs to be an faithful encounter or it needs to be obtained above spear pillar. if it is just go to the ruins of alph with arceus in the first slot of your party then go in the house and a man should pop out and the event will start.

next time use the Q&A thread.

chillxd

メインモシ
    Years
    Actually you need the Movie Arceus... :P

But the event also worked for an Arceus caught in the Hall of Origins. ;)

chillxd

メインモシ
    Years
    ^

That's actually for the Pokewalker. Then you go on there and when you get 10000 steps, you have a chance of getting a Surfing/Flying Pikachu. D:

Tinhead Bruce

the Neighbour
    Years
    what can you get on the wifi mystery gift?
    because all i got was the yellow forest and that seemed pretty anticlimactic...
    i mean i love surfing pikachu and all but that doesn't seem like that would be it

Various events come out over the year on Wi-Fi. Most of the events are Pokémon, but some are routes, like the Yellow Forest route, and some are items which will enable you to get Pokémon that are in the game, but that you can't reach. Here is a list of the current and upcoming events for each region.

Back