• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HG/SS Help Thread

Years
    ok i got it i heard you trade the ragecandy bar for something and were and also were do i get the super rod

You give the RageCandyBar to a guy in the Underground Path connecting Cerulean and Vermillion in Kanto. In exchange, you get TM64 Explosion.

Super Rod is found in Kanto on Silence Bridge (Route 12)

How do people get the perfect moveset? By that I mean where do they teach their Pokemon these moves?

Egg moves, move re-learner/tutors in Blackthorn, Move-tutors at Frontier Access, and TMs.

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
    But once you use a TM it's gone. Is it possible to get a TM you already used again? How?
    Depends on the TM. You can buy a bunch of them in the department store, some you can get through the games (like the Veilstone Game Corner), or you can trade them with people here for something.

The Original Darkwiz787

Stuck with text below my name.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2014
    1 last question:

IS LUGIA POSSIBLE TO CATCH? I had him at one health and burned and an ultra ball didnt shake once.

On a more serious note, can I beat Lugia and come back and catch her after the E4?

Last edited:

Ezio Auditore da Firenze

Yep. I guessed at this, but from what they say afterwards (the Kimono Girls), and according to Serebii.net etc. you can catch Lugia later.

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
    I would also recommend using a Heavy Ball. When I battled Lugia, I had it with 1/3 health left and no status problems. One little Heavy Ball and Lugia was mine.

You get Heavy Balls by taking black Apricorns to Kurt. (Maybe. Can't remember exactly.)

Ezio Auditore da Firenze

I would also recommend using a Heavy Ball. When I battled Lugia, I had it with 1/3 health left and no status problems. One little Heavy Ball and Lugia was mine.

You get Heavy Balls by taking black Apricorns to Kurt. (Maybe. Can't remember exactly.)

Yes, it's black apricorns.And they're common as muck, almost as common as Green Apricorns, so if you get every one in Johto (or even better, both regions, depends when you're battling Lugia), and save for a couple of days, Kurt'll make you about 50

JuiceeHugS

Tournament
    Years
    Pokewalker Yellow Forest:

Question!

I know that returning and sending a Pokemon to the Pokewalker determines what kind of Pikachu you encounter in the Yellow Forest, but are there two predetermined sets of Pikachu from each of the three groups or are ALL the Pikachu in each group randomized? I already know that you can get either Surf or Fly Pikachu from Group A but not both on the same stroll, as well as either Volt Tackle/Fakeout or Flail/Shockwave Pikachu from Group B, and Thunderwave or Non-Thunderwave Pikachu from Group C. My question is, are the alternatives linked in a set pattern or are all the Pikachu from each Group randomized?

Example (How I think it is):

One stroll: Group A: Fly Pika, Group B: Flail Pika, Group C: Thunderwave Pika.

Other stroll: Group A: Surf Pika, Group B: Volt Tackle Pika, Group C: Non-Thunderwave Pika

If I find and catch a Pikachu that does not know Thunderwave, will that stroll guaranteed to have a Fly Pikachu? I want to know if the combinations are predictable like the examples above so that I can determine if I can find a Fly or Surf Pikachu just by checking to see if the "Group C" Pikachu knows Thunderwave. Can someone please let me know what's up? Thanks!

Last edited:
    Years
    Poison Point. With Rivalry, if the opposing Pokemon is of the opposite gender, then move power is dropped by 25%. It's best not to leave things like that to chance.

JuiceeHugS

Tournament
    Years
    Question!

I know that returning and sending a Pokemon to the Pokewalker determines what kind of Pikachu you encounter in the Yellow Forest, but are there two predetermined sets of Pikachu from each of the three groups or are ALL the Pikachu in each group randomized? I already know that you can get either Surf or Fly Pikachu from Group A but not both on the same stroll, as well as either Volt Tackle/Fakeout or Flail/Shockwave Pikachu from Group B, and Thunderwave or Non-Thunderwave Pikachu from Group C. My question is, are the alternatives linked in a set pattern or are all the Pikachu from each Group randomized?

Example (How I think it is):

One stroll: Group A: Fly Pika, Group B: Flail Pika, Group C: Thunderwave Pika.

Other stroll: Group A: Surf Pika, Group B: Volt Tackle Pika, Group C: Non-Thunderwave Pika

If I find and catch a Pikachu that does not know Thunderwave, will that stroll guaranteed to have a Fly Pikachu? I want to know if the combinations are predictable like the examples above so that I can determine if I can find a Fly or Surf Pikachu just by checking to see if the "Group C" Pikachu knows Thunderwave. Can someone please let me know what's up? Thanks!

Why is my question being ignored? Someone answer it please!

Back