• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HG/SS Help Thread

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    Is there a time trick that works on the Safari Zone? If so, how do you do it? I tried putting the clock months into the future to make Pokemon like Riolu appear, but it didn't work. Yes, I have the right blocks.

pauldan00b

Veteran Breeder/Elite Trainer
    Years
  • I've been to the Dragon's Den and spoke to the elder, but I didn't recieve the Dratini that was supposed to be handed out. So what did I do wrong that I didn't get the special Dratini with ExtremeSpeed?

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    I've been to the Dragon's Den and spoke to the elder, but I didn't recieve the Dratini that was supposed to be handed out. So what did I do wrong that I didn't get the special Dratini with ExtremeSpeed?
    1. You need to leave the building, and go to the entrance again, so Claire will give you Dragon Pulse.
    2. After getting Dragon Pulse, go back to the Elder with only 5 Pokemon and you will get your Dratini.

Note: You don't get Extremespeed Dratini every time. Only if you pick certain choices.

Tinhead Bruce

the Neighbour
    Years
  • Does anyone know how I can tag team with a friend over wifi in the battle tower?

In the Pokémon Center basement, there will be a woman who let's you enter the W-Fi room, in the middle. You may or may not know that. Anyways, once you get into the room there will be an option to set up a Wi-Fi Battle Frontier game. Just do that, have your friend join and you should be good to go.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    Is MilTank hard to get? I just got it, and I sended it to the daycare, I was wondering, will it forget Milk Drink?

I don't think Miltank is too hard to get, if you are on the correct route to find it. Also, it will forget Milk Drink if you leave it in long enough (long enough to replace every move that it has.) Anyways, if it does forget you can always take it to the move relearner in Blackthorn.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Is MilTank hard to get? I just got it, and I sended it to the daycare, I was wondering, will it forget Milk Drink?
    It varies from person to person. In the game, Miltank is considered uncommon, however I found mines with relative ease. If you leave it in the Day Care for awhile, then there is a chance that Milk Drink may be dropped for a new move instead by the Day Care people. However, you can always get it back with a Heart Scale and going to the Move Relearner in Blackthorn City. :)

Ihtesam19

The Best Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • It varies from person to person. In the game, Miltank is considered uncommon, however I found mines with relative ease. If you leave it in the Day Care for awhile, then there is a chance that Milk Drink may be dropped for a new move instead by the Day Care people. However, you can always get it back with a Heart Scale and going to the Move Relearner in Blackthorn City. :)
    oh ok. thanks :)

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • where can i find Xato in Heart Gold? at his max lvl in wild
    You can't find Xatu in the game actually, you would have to catch a Natu instead and evolve it. Which you'll find on the outside of the Ruins of Alph in the grass areas. Maximum level would be 24, and the lowest level would be 18. They are pretty common here.

More details here

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2010

You can't find Xatu in the game actually, you would have to catch a Natu instead and evolve it. Which you'll find on the outside of the Ruins of Alph in the grass areas. Maximum level would be 24, and the lowest level would be 18. They are pretty common here.

okay thanks but one more question how i get to Ruins of Alph?

chillxd

メインモシ
    Years

• You can't find Xatu in the game actually, you would have to catch a Natu instead and evolve it. Which you'll find on the outside of the Ruins of Alph in the grass areas. Maximum level would be 24, and the lowest level would be 18. They are pretty common here.

okay thanks but one more question how i get to Ruins of Alph?

Go south from Violet City's Pokémart. Then left.

*Meowth V.2*

Still Got The Blues.
    Years
  • How do I open up the other area of the Ruins of Alph to catch the '!' and '?' unowns

I've talked to the researchers and caught all the letter unowns.

chillxd

メインモシ
    Years
  • How do I open up the other area of the Ruins of Alph to catch the '!' and '?' unowns

I've talked to the researchers and caught all the letter unowns.

Answer:

After you have captured all 26 Unown, another area is opened up in the main entrance to the ruins after talking to one of the researchers. This area contains only the ! and ? Unown and will allow you to complete your Unown Report dex and complete the Unown Sidequest itself.

QFT! : D

Please, do backread for questions that might have already been answered.

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
  • Umm ...

Can someone give me a good Voltorb Flip strategy ? I keep losing at it and I feel bad D: . I currently am at Lv. 2, and ALL the time I seem to make a connection, it fails and I hit a Voltorb ... :(

Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2013
    I can't find any specific info on this. I am hunting for the surfing/flying pikachu right now, but I'm a little confused about the number of steps required. On Serebii.net it says that I need to walk 10,000 steps. Does this mean that I must have 10,000+ steps on this specific day in order to encounter a Group A pokemon? Or does the 10,000+ steps refer to total all time steps on this specific route?

JustinDestruction

Rockin' Trainer
    Years
  • Does anyone have any tips on the Pokeathlon for the Pennant Race? It's the only one that I can't set a record for. My highest was 33, but I just can't seem to get the 35 I need.

Dillon_68

Lover of Winter
    Years
  • Umm ...

Can someone give me a good Voltorb Flip strategy ? I keep losing at it and I feel bad D: . I currently am at Lv. 2, and ALL the time I seem to make a connection, it fails and I hit a Voltorb ... :(

If the row/column has no Voltorbs, flip everything in that row/column. If the number of Voltorbs and number of mulitipliers in that row equal 5, than put a mark on that whole row and don't flip any, because they will either be Voltorbs or 1's (which are useless, you only need to flip 2's and 3's). Count how many points are in a row/column based on the ones you have already flipped and use logic to decide whether or not to flip certain spots. Remember, if you marked any in my above step, DONT TOUCH THEM. This method still involves a bit of guessing though. I made it up to level 7 btw. Hope I helped.

Back