• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HG/SS Help Thread

Hamilton

*Creative Quote Goes Here*
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016

Go to Cianwood and make your way to the Safarai Zone. When you go inside the cave take the ladder down and surf up the first waterfall. Go to the grass and find dittos. :P

uh well is how bout with 2 badges?

Tinhead Bruce

the Neighbour
    Years
    uh well is how bout with 2 badges?

Well.. then the only feasible is going to be Route 34 or 35. Though it is possible to catch a Ditto there, you only have a 1 in 20 chance to encounter one. I suggest just keeping at it. It may take some time, but if you really like Ditto then it will be worth it.

Hamilton

*Creative Quote Goes Here*
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    Well.. then the only feasible is going to be Route 34 or 35. Though it is possible to catch a Ditto there, you only have a 1 in 20 chance to encounter one. I suggest just keeping at it. It may take some time, but if you really like Ditto then it will be worth it.

well actually i can't stand ditto, but i'm a breeder, so i need it- thanks though :)
    OK now a breeding related question- if i put in a Ditto and a Male Crocnaw, will i get a totodile?
    or does that only work when you have a female? (when i say i'm a breeder, i mean apprentice breeder)

Last edited:

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    well actually i can't stand ditto, but i'm a breeder, so i need it- thanks though :)
    OK now a breeding related question- if i put in a Ditto and a Male Crocnaw, will i get a totodile?
    or does that only work when you have a female? (when i say i'm a breeder, i mean apprentice breeder)
    Yes, a Ditto + Male Croconaw = Baby Totodile

When Ditto is a parent, the offspring will typically be the baby stage of the other parent and never be a baby Ditto.

When Ditto is not a parent, the offspring will typically be the baby stage of the female parent.

I say "typically" because there are differentiations, such as Munchlax/Snorlax, Azurill/Marill, NidoranM/NidoranF, Shellos West/East, Volbeat/Illumise, etc, in offspring because of gender/locations/items held.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    Ditto are the only way to breed more of the male-only Pokemon.

So yes, if you breed a male Croconaw with a Ditto, you'll get a Totodile. With female Pokemon, the baby is always the species of the female, so it doesn't matter if a female is paired with a Ditto or not. Just as long as the egg groups match. Ditto don't matter with the egg groups, unless you're trying to breed more Ditto.

~Gary~

PSN: xAzureZePhYr.
    Years
    Can in game traded pokemon be evolved
    i am asking cuz I just traded a dugtrio for a magneton owned by a scientist in the powerplant can it evolve into magnezone or not

Gooner_Tyzack

Where's The Frigging Ditto?
    Years
    Help on cloning pokemon....How do you do it? What are the clones exactly the same? :D

Where can i get heart scales from aswell?

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021
    whats with the empty house with all the beds in it on route 26 (i think)

Read the book on the desk, it tells you where the Day of the week brothers/sisters will appear(you know, the people who show up in certain spots on days of the week and give you type enhancing items.)

Years
    hi everyone,
    please can you help me? I can't get to blackthorn city. I know what to do but i didn't get a call from professor Elm after i got the 7th gym badge.

have i missed something out, coz its benn driving me mad trying to figure out what to do next.

thankyou

Years
    hi everyone,
    please can you help me? I can't get to blackthorn city. I know what to do but i didn't get a call from professor Elm after i got the 7th gym badge.

have i missed something out, coz its benn driving me mad trying to figure out what to do next.

thankyou

Professor Elm calls you after you get the 8th badge, not the 7th.
    After you get the 7th badge, you have to defeat Team Rocket in Goldenrod City

Years
    but the 8th badge is in blackthorn and team rocket are just waiting outside the radio tower and they are not in there. they are just waitingeverywhere just telling me to go away! and everyone says the professor calls you just after you get the badge in Mahogany which is the ice gym

Last edited:

chillxd

メインモシ
    Years
    but the 8th badge is in blackthorn and team rocket are just waiting outside the radio tower and they are not in there. they are just waitingeverywhere just telling me to go away!

Go underground. At the photo booth, a TR grunt would dress you up as a grunt. Now go infiltrate Radio Tower! Quick! :P

Back