• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HG/SS Help Thread

Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2010
    Questions on EV Training and Level 50 battling

I was just wondering if a pokemon which has been fully EV trained to level 100 and then reduced to level 50 to battle if it would still be powerful?
    Are stats just halved from what they are at level 100?
    Or are the stats you had at level 50 used?
    Will an level 100 EV pokemon brough down to level 50 still be a lot stronger than a non EV trained pokemon?
    How do EV trained level 50's compare to non EV trained legendaries?

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Years
  • I was just wondering if a pokemon which has been fully EV trained to level 100 and then reduced to level 50 to battle if it would still be powerful?
    Proportionately, yes.
    Are stats just halved from what they are at level 100?
    Or are the stats you had at level 50 used?
    Neither, the game takes into consideration the EVs you have in each stat and recalculates the stats to what they would be at lv. 50.
    Will an level 100 EV pokemon brough down to level 50 still be a lot stronger than a non EV trained pokemon?
    Yes.
    How do EV trained level 50's compare to non EV trained legendaries?

Any help will be greatly appreciated

EV trained Pokemon are ALWAYS better than Pokemon that aren't EV trained. In my opinion, anyway.

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    I was wondering what are some good ways to raise a pokemon's happiness (prior to beating the E4) aside from running around with the pokemon and giving it potions.

ChrisSoulSilver

Searching for someone
    Years
  • i need help in th safari one. it says riolu appears after 70 days. can ya set the time to 11.59 and when its midnigh will it count as a day? i dont wanna wait that long for a riolu

Years
  • I was wondering what are some good ways to raise a pokemon's happiness (prior to beating the E4) aside from running around with the pokemon and giving it potions.

Soothe Bell is there. Also, there are the Haircut brothers, leveling up, and using Vitamins. That's pretty much it besides walking around and potion spam.

i need help in th safari one. it says riolu appears after 70 days. can ya set the time to 11.59 and when its midnigh will it count as a day? i dont wanna wait that long for a riolu

Time Manipulation does not work.

Years
  • I'm trying to level up my team to be near Claire's levels of 38-41...right now my team is at 36-38. Is there a decent spot to level up? It seems like it is taking forever, I've been leveling in Ice Path for now.

Years
  • I'm trying to level up my team to be near Claire's levels of 38-41...right now my team is at 36-38. Is there a decent spot to level up? It seems like it is taking forever, I've been leveling in Ice Path for now.

The best place as of then is below Blackthorn, and hope that trainers will call you for rematches. That is the quickest, even if its not all that quick.

Theres always a choice of training "Erratic" pokemon as they only need 800,000 total exp to get to lv 100, but most "erratic" pokes are rare to come across by in HGSS pre national dex.

DarkAlucard

Seek me. Call me...
    Years
  • The best place as of then is below Blackthorn, and hope that trainers will call you for rematches. That is the quickest, even if its not all that quick.

Theres always a choice of training "Erratic" pokemon as they only need 800,000 total exp to get to lv 100, but most "erratic" pokes are rare to come across by in HGSS pre national dex.

I train mine in the same place but only with wild pokemon, in 40 min i have my team from 34-35 to 38-40 =)

Kavii

forever my furret
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2015
    Do the Trainer types/classes (the guy you talk to in the Violet City Pokecenter who can change your Trainer type) alter anything in-game besides your avatar appearance?

Also, exactly what is the purpose of Trainer types/classes?

Thanks in advance!

:)

chezhead

Thirty characters is not enoug
    Years
  • What's up with that white cat looking thing on the map, much like the roaming dogs?
    I can't figure out what it is for the life of me, can't catch it either.

Wait, I found it's Latias.

Last edited:

FireApe2135

Poke-Elite
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2014
    Do the Trainer types/classes (the guy you talk to in the Violet City Pokecenter who can change your Trainer type) alter anything in-game besides your avatar appearance?

Also, exactly what is the purpose of Trainer types/classes?

Thanks in advance!

:)

He does not, and the only purpose is for when you are on Wifi/on GTS/on Union Room is shows you as that sprite, most likely it was made so as there not to be confusion with everyone looking the exact same.

Years
  • Is there any secret to catching Pokemon in the Safari Zone? Everytime I come across a strong Pokemon I can't catch it, I throw lots of bait, mud, balls, I don't know what to do...

Is there any secret combo I should use to catch them.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
  • Is there any secret to catching Pokemon in the Safari Zone? Everytime I come across a strong Pokemon I can't catch it, I throw lots of bait, mud, balls, I don't know what to do...

Is there any secret combo I should use to catch them.
    As far as I know, there's a couple things to remember.

Throwing Bait makes the Pokemon harder to catch, but more likely to stay.
    Throwing Mud makes the Pokemon easier to catch, but more likely to run away.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2016
    Hello,can you suggest me some good training places in Kanto?

I beat Surge only,but PKM in the grass are at very low levels....and when I am gonna train for battle with Red,I need some good areas for that.....thx for answers... :)

Kratos184

pokémon heart gold is cool
    Years
  • Hey i'm a bit stuck between all badges and the new elite four and i'm wanting to change my team.
    My team now consists of:

Meganium
    Magmar
    Onix
    Ho-oh
    Ampharos
    Poliwhrat

I want to replace my onix with another pokémon, would snorlax be a good choiche?
    Also thinking about replacing my Ho-oh later in the game because I want a non-legendary team eventually, any ideas for another good flying pokémon?

Pazuru

★ [ Fukidokuritsu ]
    Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2013
    If you get rid of Onix for Snorlax Aerodactyl is a good choice. That, or you can pick Xatu (for Flying/Psychic), Honchkrow/Mukrow (Flying/Dark), or possibly Gliscor/Gligar (Flying/Ground). This way you can avoid have two of the same type.

As for Onix for Snorlax, it does more good to your team than bad, as you rid of the grass weaknesses and such for a Pokemon with only one weakness: fighting. However, another alternative is Steelix (which you trade your Onix - or any other Pokemon to - to Jasmine for after you beat her in a rematch. Just as long as you don't mind the nickname 'Rusty'. That or trade with someone with a Metal Coat.) As Steelix will do you some good for Lance for many of his Pokemon. Garchomp is one big heck of an exception.

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2010
    Im in Ilex Forest trying to catch that god damn bird! I just cant manage to do it?

Back