• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HG/SS Help Thread

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2010
    Looked at the walkthrough and no help! :)

Just gone onto route 40 and a man told me to get a surf board? He told me where but Ive to go the city he told me and cant seem to find anyone who will give me it?

Last edited:

loliwin

→ Level 69
    Years
  • You mean the HM surf????

If you mean that, go to Ecruteak City and go to a building named Ecruteak Dance Theater. (it has a blue roof. :3) then you should see a Rocket Grunt with a Kimono Girl. Battle the grunt and win, then when you are about to exit, a gentleman shall award you Surf.

Hope that helps! xD

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
    Years
  • By Ho-Oh, I guess you're playing HeartGold. As far as I know, only Ho-Oh, Entei and Raikou are available legendaries pre-E4 in HG.

Dillon_68

Lover of Winter
    Years
  • When you do Battle Arcade with a friend over wi-fi, can you reach the Tycoon? And does it earn you a frontier medal? I know it doesn't keep up with streaks and stuff in the facility for wi-fi battles, but I did notice that my second streak gave us 8 BP rather than 7, so it must track your wins somehow.

DarkAlucard

Seek me. Call me...
    Years
  • Ice Fang would be better ;)
    It's physical move so Gyarados can use its nice attack stat.

You're totally right and if i remember well, Gyarados learn that move via leveling up =)
    Dudypokefan89, use this move better than Blizzard =)

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021
    Is it possible to get a shiny eevee from Bill in Goldenrod? Was just wondering about this, even though it's probably the same as finding a shiny of anything else.

Tinhead Bruce

the Neighbour
    Years
  • It's Adamant or Jolly since Arcanine's strengths lies in its physical stats.

While attack and speed may be its best stats, Adamant and Jolly not the only natures it can utilize well. Arcanine makes a more than fair special attacker, as its special attack stat is not that much lower than its attack stat. Additionally, it has a fair bulky set, and can make a good shuffler. All of Arcanine's sets (which I've essentially mentioned here) can be found here, and Smogon in general can prove a valuable ally when you're trying to figure out the best natures for a given Pokémon.

DXrobots

Just a passing through trainer
    Years
  • How do you guys spread out the HMs? which ones are the most your going to be using? I figure surf fly and strength are the most important, and are actually useful in battle.

Eeohnex

Illuminate
    Years
  • How do you guys spread out the HMs? which ones are the most your going to be using? I figure surf fly and strength are the most important, and are actually useful in battle.
    This is what I do: I get a Pokemon as a HM slave such as Wooper and just added to my team when I need to use of the HM moves outside of battle, and when I'm done, I put it back on the PC.

And when it comes on using the most important HM's as Fly, Surf, Strength I usually have a Pokemon on my team, learned them.

Back