• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HG/SS Help Thread

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
    How do you unlock the Beyond the sea pokewalker route? i know it says you need to trade for a foreign pokemon on the GTS, but this does not seem to work for me. I live in the UK, and earlier today i traded a Rattata from Chille over the GTS, but it did not unlock the route for me. i already have the national dex, and have beaten all gyms. a google search yeilded many others having the same problem, but very few answers, except that most people who havent unlocked seem to not have the national dex (which i do), and that it doesnt have to be a pokemon in a foreign language, which it wasnt. now, surely, as Chille is far far away from england n a continent in the other hemisphere, it should have unlocked the route for me? or am i missing something here?

All Bulbapedia tells us is that it has to be a foreign Pokémon, and so that would be the requirement.

If you got a Pokémon from Chile, then I'm not sure what to do. However, it is worth noting that some people do use false locations, and thus you must be aware that this might not be an actual Chilean Pokémon.

You do have to have the National Dex, which is why those people haven't recieved the route.

When I recieved my Japanese Lickitung, I remember that the route appeared on my list when next I checked it, which was the following morning. Perhaps you should leave it for a few hours and then check? Otherwise, perhaps try finding a Pokémon that you can be sure is foreign, like a Japanese Pokémon.

fishyfins

Reality Sculptor
    Years
    i think i found the answer, i hadnt registered my own location in the geonet thing, so my game didnt know where i was located. how could it know it was a foreign pokemon without knowing where i am? XD

changed it to my location, but its still not unlocked the route. ill wait till tomorrow evening, if not, ill trade another poke cos it may not have registered the first now

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
    try to trade for a Japanese one or soething? it may need to be a whole different language!

speaking of Pokewalkers..

if I Reset my Pokewalker settings... wopuld I still have the Yellow Forest route when I synced the walker once again?

speaking of which, CAN I use the same Pokewalker again after I reset it (WITHOUT restarting my whole file!)? or would I need to take the walker and sync it to another game then unsync from THAT game to resync with the orogional ame?

No, you just need to resynch with that game. You retain all your courses when resynching the walker (as I know it).

i think i found the answer, i hadnt registered my own location in the geonet thing, so my game didnt know where i was located. how could it know it was a foreign pokemon without knowing where i am? XD

That would have been your problem then. :P

pokemongarnet

CAT-BUS!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2016
    Allegedly, I read this on bulbapedia, if you give shuckle an oran berry it eventually turns into Berry Juice, if you keep it on even longer it turns into a rare candy. I have a few questions about this, Would it be based on how many steps you take or how long (real time) you keep it on?
    Would it work if it were sitting in my box?
    If I gave it berry juice, would that turn into a rare candy eventually?

I would love some help with these questions, thank you.

FalconsDrummer

Why yes, I have an Octillery.
    Years
    Allegedly, I read this on bulbapedia, if you give shuckle an oran berry it eventually turns into Berry Juice, if you keep it on even longer it turns into a rare candy. I have a few questions about this, Would it be based on how many steps you take or how long (real time) you keep it on?
    Would it work if it were sitting in my box?
    If I gave it berry juice, would that turn into a rare candy eventually?

I would love some help with these questions, thank you.

Unfortunately, this only worked in G/S/C. It no longer works in later generations. :(

Quote from Bulbapedia:
    In Generation II, if a Shuckle is made to hold a standard Berry, it will in time break down into Berry Juice, which doubles its effectiveness. If held even longer, the Berry Juice will harden and turn into a Rare candy. This functionality was removed from later Generations.

Beloved

Fictionally Destructive
    Years
    Pokewalker question:

If I tied the Pokewalker to a ceiling fan and turn it to a low setting, will it count for steps? I have heard mixed comments on this, and wanted to know if anyone could confirm or debunk this.

I ask, because at night I sleep with a ceiling fan on, so I am curious on if it would work. I know about the 999999 or so limit, but I am curious to the answer.

Also, does anyone know when/what the next USA WiFi Event will be? Hopefully something decent, like the Sightseeing course.

FalconsDrummer

Why yes, I have an Octillery.
    Years
    I haven't heard about one over Wi-Fi, but according to Bulbapedia, there's a rumor that GameStop will host a Celebi distribution event.

Oops, my mistake. Bulbapedia's where I heard about it too, I forgot that it's a GameStop event and not WiFi.

According to Serebii, the second Wi-Fi event (after Yellow Forest) in Japan for HG/SS was a Mew, so maybe that will be our next one as well.

Star Girl

Dragon Obsessed
    Years
    This is slightly off topic but I REALLY need to know this, does anyone know if the Nintendo wifi adapters work with Windows 7 computers? This is something I need to know as soon as possible because if they do I will be making a 30 minute drive to Centenial to pick one up.

Also I really am praying that we don't have localized events (meaning at Gamestops or Toys R Us) because I will be royally screwed. Two month summer program out pretty much in the middle of nowhere (I want to do it but the likelihood that I would get to either of the aforementioned is close to none even if there are some in town).

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    Im sure i already know this, but i wanna make sure...

How do i get Dragon Pulse from Clair?

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
    Years
    go to dragon's den after beating her...inside talk to the elder and answer his questions...after than clair will give u the badge and dragon pulse..."whirlpool required"

Rew

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2012
    heyy, im a huge fan of the pokemon games, play it quite a lot but i've never been so big on like, using each pokemon to its full potential so i'm kinda a noob when it comes to this stuff. i LOVE dragonite and want it to be as powerful as possible, so.. i'm wondering, can you use combo's in damage modification? So if i used dragon dance in battle, and my dragonite was holding a dragon fang, how would this affect its moves? Say outrage for example, my dragonites favourite move :D

also, i've read that items like grip claw increases outrage to 7 or 8 turns, is this true? Thanks guys.

Mujahid

Years
    yes....if u use swords dance and your dragonite is holding dragon fang , outrage will do alott more damage.....however grip claw doesn't increase i's turns...it increases turns of trapping moves to five..

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    heyy, im a huge fan of the pokemon games, play it quite a lot but i've never been so big on like, using each pokemon to its full potential so i'm kinda a noob when it comes to this stuff. i LOVE dragonite and want it to be as powerful as possible, so.. i'm wondering, can you use combo's in damage modification? So if i used dragon dance in battle, and my dragonite was holding a dragon fang, how would this affect its moves? Say outrage for example, my dragonites favourite move :D

also, i've read that items like grip claw increases outrage to 7 or 8 turns, is this true? Thanks guys.

Dragonite would need to have high Attack, then start to use Dragon Dance. If it uses a Physical Dragon-type move, then the power will be boosted with the following-

?.?x from Attack Boost (depends on how many times you use and your Attack stat)
    1.1x from Dragon Fang
    1.5x from STAB

That is how it works. You can use Dragon Dance for three turns and the effect lasts until it switches out or gets KOd.

Alexeon

← from acrøss T·I·M·E ☆
    Years
    Just clearing up a few things. In Generation IV, Dragon Fang (and similar items) increases the power of Dragon-type moves by 20%, so that's 1.2x damage. And Dragon Dance increases Attack and Speed by 1 stage each, so DD would have to be used 6 times to reach the max boost (though you probably won't need that much of a boost anyway).

Outrage has a base 120 power, so after Dragon Fang, it goes up to 144, and then after STAB (1.5x), 216. I believe that's right...I'm told each modifier stacks multiplicatively.

120 x 1.2 x 1.5 = 216

Yay, Math Problem of the Day~

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    go to dragon's den after beating her...inside talk to the elder and answer his questions...after than clair will give u the badge and dragon pulse..."whirlpool required"

thats wrong

you go to dragons den, pass then she gives you badge, no pulse.
    you have to travel threw the gym a 2nd time& talk to her personally in order to get dragon pulse

(then you gotta go fight the kimono girls and their uber eeveelutions with no adequate area to train)

Mujahid

Years
    no u don't need to go to the gym again.....she's just outside the dragon's den...

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    You are both incorrect. She'll be waiting for you near the exit of the Dragon's Den and once you surf over there, she'll talk to you and give you Dragon pulse.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    okay, so I was reading on serebii that after placing the 24 peak items on rocky beach it would take Aron 0 days to appear. does this mean that it will pop up later on today?:\ I placed the objects about an hour ago.

Back