• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HG/SS Help Thread

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2018
    I'm trying to call Whitney for a rematch but all she ever talks about is needing to work hard and improve, in my game its saturday at 3:00 so she should be available to battle.

Zelos Wilder

Ladys Man
    Years
  • Question guys, When you're pokemon gets burned does it lower it's Attack? I know i heard something like that before but i wanna know if it's true.

Years
  • I couldn't find an electric type pokemon I want. I want an Amaphro, but he's no where to be found. I couldn't find him in soul silver. Does anyone know where is he located in soul silver?

Oh yea, by the way I finally got my egg from my evee and ditto yesterday night. I was surprise. Now I'm working on getting my espeon as my psychic type.

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
  • I couldn't find an electric type pokemon I want. I want an Amaphro, but he's no where to be found. I couldn't find him in soul silver. Does anyone know where is he located in soul silver?
    You need one of its pre-evolutions, Mareep (Routes 32, 42, 43) or Flaaffy (Routes 42, 43). Ampharos itself isn't available in the wild.

Years
  • Also I have another question. When I looked on this website https://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/158.shtml a list of moves for feralitgator and I saw some of the moves it didn't learn. My feraligator didn't learn Aqua tail or super power. The level is at 43 or 44 right now. I was wondering why. Could that website has false information. I hope my feraligator can learn hydro pump at the end. Can anyone help me? Thanks.

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
  • That page says that Totodile learns Aqua Tail and Superpower in its mid-30s. Feraligatr learns Aqua Tail and Superpower at 50 and 58 respectively.

Years
  • where do you go in the cerulean cave to find the electrizer in heart gold?

It's on the floor where Mewtwo is found. It's found on the area behind Mewtwo and behind that ladder.

Directions starting from where Mewtwo was. Go down the walkway then head left and use Surf and when you head to a junction, go up till you're back on land. Go up the walkway there is a area on the right where you can use Rock Smash. Use Rock smash to go down, then keep heading right and you'll see another area where you Rock Smash. Use Rock Smash to go up and you'll see a Pokeball there. Tada! You've found it. :P

Winson

Legendary Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2013
    In the PokeWalker, the first ones on the route list is the one you get first (By having the required amount of Watts or by Events) or does it depend on what type of routes they are? (Watts ones goes first, Event ones go last)

Years
  • Hello. I finished the joho toto region today. I got into the pokemon league however my pokemon aren't strong enough to fight the elite 4. So I was wondering does anyone know a good place to trade my pokemon. Here is what I have so far a Lugia at level 47, Magmar at level 35, Feraligator at level 46, a Raikou at level 44. I also have an egg in my party. The egg is an evee. I'm planning on getting an umbreon for my dark type. Does anyone know what kind of electric type pokemon that are in the johoto region. Can anyone help me? Thanks.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 9, 2010
    Hello. I finished the joho toto region today. I got into the pokemon league however my pokemon aren't strong enough to fight the elite 4. So I was wondering does anyone know a good place to trade my pokemon. Here is what I have so far a Lugia at level 47, Magmar at level 35, Feraligator at level 46, a Raikou at level 44. I also have an egg in my party. The egg is an evee. I'm planning on getting an umbreon for my dark type. Does anyone know what kind of electric type pokemon that are in the johoto region. Can anyone help me? Thanks.

Your pokemon levels are mostly fine, as long as youre pokemon have super effective moves, you'll be okay. Make sure your feraligator has ice type moves for Lance. They will be very effective. as for the electric, mareep evolves into ampharos which is a pretty good electric type for johto, though in kanto electivire will be MUCH better.
    fcpremixer

what day does the swarm of ralts come?

Last edited:

Winson

Legendary Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2013
    In the PokeWalker, the first ones on the route list is the one you get first (By having the required amount of Watts or by Events) or does it depend on what type of routes they are? (Watts ones goes first, Event ones go last)

Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2010
    I'm in a bit of trouble in the game.
    I've just arrived in Kanto in vermillion city. My pokemon, feraligatr and togekiss are lvl 51 and 48. I lack types and moves, my friends always says that I need more pokemon in my party- so I tried out Mamoswine. After trying to find out for an hour on the internet how to get ancientpower, he is underlevel. In addition, I have also added a scyther now holding a metal coat (will be traded tomorrow).

Mamoswine - lvl 38
    Scyther - lvl 28

I'm having a lot of trouble leveling them up and the exp share isn't doing any good- rebattling the elite 4 is not viable either and I am not looking for EV points on the way because it would be a waste of time considering their natures (I know I know, I'm going to look for good ones when I finish the game). So please help me find a way how to level those two up to a decent level of maybe 50. My Mamoswine can almost wipe out Lt. Surge's gym, but I need to get him to the status quo.
    Thanks to anyone who beholds a good way of training. (rate me)

Back