• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HG/SS Help Thread

Winson

Legendary Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2013
    Event routes ordered depending which one was gotten first?

Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2012
    Ekans gives one EV in Attack when beaten.
    If I pop a pokemon out. Then switch it with a different pokemon and beat it with that, do both pokemon get one Attack EV or just the one that finished Ekans?

Thank you.

~Gary~

PSN: xAzureZePhYr.
    Years
    Hi guys, what ball did you use to catch Latios in SS?
    i used master ball cuz i caught all legends and latios is a roaming pokemon

mount silver works for me ^_^
    but you could also try dragons den (the pokemon are low, but still give nice bit of experience, well the dratinis do :P )
    also victory road is useful ^_^
    there is one problem all my pokemon are at lvl.70 and i want to level them up to lvl.90 so what do i do

Last edited:

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015

i used master ball cuz i caught all legends and latios is a roaming pokemon

there is one problem all my pokemon are at lvl.70 and i want to level them up to lvl.90 so what do i do

in the more realistic region of johto, im gonna have to say:
    rematches as often as possible& grind like hell mate lol
    the highest pokemon are in mount silver, and the best trainers are in kanto, so i guess just fight as many as you can, rematch as much as possible, and grind that mountain to dust lol ^_^

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
    Years
    Ekans gives one EV in Attack when beaten.
    If I pop a pokemon out. Then switch it with a different pokemon and beat it with that, do both pokemon get one Attack EV or just the one that finished Ekans?

Thank you.

both pokemon will get 1 ev in attack

Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2010
    Argh... My mamoswine is lvl 48 and it's getting sweeped by many pokemon. Even though it has monstrous health, it's special defense and defense are poor. Should I EV train this? or should I focus on attack? Where and how?

You can also rebattle the elite four and grind your way up mt. silver to fight red.

Last edited:
    Years
    breeding pokemon

Hi was wondering. Is there a way to breed cyndquil and chickorita in soul silver. Please let me know. I really want these two pokemon on my team. Thanks a million.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Hi was wondering. Is there a way to breed cyndquil and chickorita in soul silver. Please let me know. I really want these two pokemon on my team. Thanks a million.
    Only way to breed them is to breed them with something in its evolution line (e.g. meganium and another meganium of opposite genders), or something in its egg group (with it being female, as any offspring are of the species of the mother), and it with a Ditto (any gender will do). There's no way to do it without actually having a Pokemon in that line though.

Years
    Hello I was wondering what kind of pokemon is this? Where can I catch it?

HG/SS Help Thread

Also where are the rods located? I want to get them so I can catch dranti in the dragon dungeon.

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
    that is metagross steel/psychic you trade steven stone a forretress for his beldum it evolves into that
    good rod is in olivine super rod on silent bridge (Kanto) and you get a dratini for free in the dragon den

Eeohnex

Illuminate
    Years
    Hello I was wondering what kind of pokemon is this? Where can I catch it?

HG/SS Help Thread

Also where are the rods located? I want to get them so I can catch dranti in the dragon dungeon.
    It's a Metagross. You can find a Beldum which is its pre-evolution in the Safari Zone or in the PokéWalker Winner's Path.

This has all the locations of the three rods.

Years
    Thanks. guys. Also I was wondering is there a way to catch Charmander, bulbasaur, and squirtle. I want treckco. Where can these other pokemon be found?

Years
    You have a choice of either Bulbasaur, Charmander, or Squirtle after beating Red at Mt. Silver. Only one. Just go to Oak's Lab in Pallet town after you beat him. Same with Treecko, Torchic, and Mudkip except it will be from Steven Stone in the Silph Co. building in Saffron.

nm legend

Years
    heart scales

just a quik question....where/ when can i get a heart scale and do i have to keep getting them for the move learner guy to keep teaching my pokemon moves?....thanks for the help...

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    You do have to keep getting heart scales. They can also be purchased at the Pokeathlon Shop.

Winson

Legendary Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2013
    Event routes ordered depending which one was gotten first?

Back