• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HG/SS Help Thread

Years
    Question: At what stage of the game in HG/SS can you trade Pokemon with P/D/Pt?

Also, with the same games as mentioned above, when can the GTS be utilised?

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
    the GTS as soon as you get to Goldenrod I think and I think you can trade with D/P/PT whenever I am not sure though but I think so

Years
    you have to add [email protected] to your contacts on your wii message board.

I did that...

and I turned connect24 on...

and I'm leaving my ds open at the code input screen and the wii on...

What else?

Is there a way I can change my trainer card name in the game。Without restarting the whole game.

no. you either have to start a new game or use a cheating device like action replay or that online one (forget the name...)

Last edited:
    Years
    Hey, just wondering if there's any good spots to grind before the Elite Four. My team consists of: Umbreon (Lvl 40), Raikou (Lvl 40), Typhlosion (Lvl 40), Gyarados (Lvl 40), Togetic (Lvl 26), Nideoqueen (Lvl 26). I want to grind Nidoqueen and Togetic to 45 along with the rest of my team, but Victory Road doesn't cut it, and neither does anywhere else that I know of.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
    Give your pokemon the EXP share, then try grinding in victory road. Pre E4 it's the best place to grind at. Although you might want to start Togetic and Nidoqueen off in some of the grass on the route before the E4.

@mrrunner4home: did you input your wii number then?

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
    you have to be patient. There is no better training area pre E4 without cheating. But cheating to get to a better training place could SERIOUSLY mess up the game. idk for sure, but... better safe than sorry.
    Just be patient. That's what I did. Johto has an issue with ridiculously low leveled wild pokemon. Nobody likes it. Just deal with it.

Years
    hehe me 2. I use the exp share and train it in the victory road. Also battle your rival if you haven't. Now I finished the game I use the gym leaders to rebattle and then to battle red. When you fight make sure your pokes is in the 70's at least. Because its very difficult. I got creamed last time I tried. So now I'm training each of my pokes to 70.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
    Actually, when I fought red, my highest level was level 72 Blaziken, I think, and my lowest was level 62 Ampharos I think. The rest were all high to mid 60s, and I still beat red, only using one Max Revive. Then again I guess it helps that I critacled Earthquake on a Choice Scarfed Flygon (choice scarfed specifically for his Pikachu)

Years
    Give your pokemon the EXP share, then try grinding in victory road. Pre E4 it's the best place to grind at. Although you might want to start Togetic and Nidoqueen off in some of the grass on the route before the E4.

@mrrunner4home: did you input your wii number then?

yeah I put my wii number in twice like it told me to.

there can't be anything wrong with my messaging thing on the wii because I talked to my cousin through it and it worked.

hm... one thing that might be the problem: the nickname I put for [email protected] (which happens to be, I know, very unoriginal, wfc-mail) is in gray. for the registered names I have, the numbers are a solid black. and when I added my cousin her name was first in gray because she hadn't added me yet, and once she registered me, the name turned black.
    ............ might this be the problem? [email protected] hasn't registered me back and that's why I can't connect the ds? I don't see how they would know to register me, but... well a simple question to answer that: is the name gray for you?

Hey, just wondering if there's any good spots to grind before the Elite Four. My team consists of: Umbreon (Lvl 40), Raikou (Lvl 40), Typhlosion (Lvl 40), Gyarados (Lvl 40), Togetic (Lvl 26), Nideoqueen (Lvl 26). I want to grind Nidoqueen and Togetic to 45 along with the rest of my team, but Victory Road doesn't cut it, and neither does anywhere else that I know of.

well since blackthorn city you must've been getting calls on your pokegear for battles, right? try battling those people; trainers typically give you more exp than wild pokemon.

I'm level grinding before the blackthorn gym (I raise every single one of my pokemon, that's why it's taking me so slow) and I battle someone via pokegear, then finish off training in a good wild pokemon spot (south of blackthorn or of the safari zone for me) until all my pokemon but one faint. then I heal and battle another trainer via pokegear, do grass training after till all my pokemon are weak, heal, and do that over and over. it's been working for me

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2013
    Pikachu breeding help :/

I'm trying to breed the, in my eyes, but probably not, ultimate Pikachu. I have a Pikachu (female) with Surf via the Yellow Forest. I also have a Pikachu (male) with Volt Tackle. Since you can't learn Volt Tackle via level up, I'm trying to get them to breed so I can get a Pikachu with both Surf and Volt Tackle. I have no problem of them makings eggs, but every Pichu that hatches always has Volt Tackle, but never Surf :/ Is there a way I can get it to learn both moves via breeding? Or is there a way I can get my Pikachu with Surf to learn Volt Tackle? Thank you in advance ^-^

Please note that I'm aware that you can get a Pikachu with both moves in Pokemon Battle Revolution and then you can transfer it to D/P, but I don't have the game and the fact that I'm currently broke doesn't help the situation...

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
    No, it is impossible for a Pichu to learn Surf through Breeding. Since, Pikachu doesn't learn Surf by normal ways. It won't be considered a Egg Move. ;\

Johnny™

Office addict
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2012
    Pretty sure it's impossible to pass Surf through breeding, seeing as how it's not an egg move or level up move.

Chocos0

Eclipse the Umbreon
    Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2012
    Yeah, Im sorry if this is the wrong area.
    Buttt!
    I lost my Pokéwalker. (Like most questions O_o)
    But! I havent found a clear answer for my problem.
    I returned all my pokemon back, (I didnt have any pokemon on the Pokéwalker when I lost it)
    And, Im wondering if I can connect to a new Pokéwalker. If so, how.
    Thanks if you help me.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    Exactly as you did before. Once the new Pokewalker is reset if it needs to be (Down +X + L pressed together on the Pokewalker connection screen), simply connect the Pokewalker to the game like you did with the first one.

Any additional information can be found here.

Musica

PPPPPDPPPPP
    Years
    Breeding Question.

If I breed, for example, a Charizard (Male) with Flawless IV's (31/31/31/31/31/31) with a Ditto with Flawless IV's too, does the Charmander (Regardless of Nature and Gender) from the egg also get flawless IV's?

How about the other way around? A Flawless IV'ed Ditto with a Female Flawless IV'ed Charizard?

Back