• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HG/SS Help Thread

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
Years
  • Quick question here, I just want some clarification
    Is it possible to catch a shiny pokemon in the pokewalker?
    I've head both yes and no and I just want a straight answer
    Thanks in advance.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Quick question here, I just want some clarification
    Is it possible to catch a shiny pokemon in the pokewalker?
    I've head both yes and no and I just want a straight answer
    Thanks in advance.
    Yes, you can (someone posted a picture of a shiny from the Pokewalker in the HGSS Shiny Pokemon thread in fact if you want to look there). The only 'debate' with it is if the chances are the same as normal (1 in 8192), or if you can only have shiny Pokemon if your Trainer ID and 'secret id' is specific to a few possible combinations which might change the chance to 1 in 32, but on the flip side it'd be very unlikely to have said numbers - otherwise the chance is 0).

Years
  • Question about Safari Zone. I'm trying to catch Riolu, but let's face it 70 days is meh. To my understanding pushing your DS clock forward 24hrs doesnt count towards your days in game..But what if I set the clock to like 23:59 and let the day pass while I'm in the game, do you think that would count towards the 70?

Fushigidane-Chan

Years
  • Question about Safari Zone. I'm trying to catch Riolu, but let's face it 70 days is meh. To my understanding pushing your DS clock forward 24hrs doesnt count towards your days in game..But what if I set the clock to like 23:59 and let the day pass while I'm in the game, do you think that would count towards the 70?

That worked in DP for daily events, so it should work in HGSS too.

Fushigidane-Chan

Years
  • where would a good place to ev train my gyardos?

From Serebii's EV guide:

Spoiler:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Can I get Extremespeed Dratini in HGSS? And if not, where can I get Dratini? I could swear you could get one from the guys in the Dragon's Den in Blackthorn like in Crystal. If it's not Extremespeed, I don't care, I just wanna know where I can get one.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • Clairs grandpa is supposed to give you it, in Dragons Den. If I recall correctly you have to talk with her after you beat her, which I believe is a meeting that needs to occur within the gym.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Do I leave and come back? He just keeps ranting about Lugia, which I don't really care to read over and over, lol.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Yes, you have to leave. And if he is still talking about Lugia, go talk to clair in the gym first and then go back again.

Fushigidane-Chan

Years
  • He gives the Pokemon that's been there the longest first, I think. He can "save" up to 3 Pokemon at once (since that's the maximum amount of Wonder Cards you can save at a time).

Back