• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HG/SS - Updated Gym Leaders/Elite 4/Red?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jakeandhissuperdogsam!!

Pokemon Master
Years
  • Rematches like in Platinum- the Emerald ones took forever to activate. Also, it would be really cool to see Morty with a Dusknoir (for example), and Falkner with anything other than the Pidgey evolutionary line. There OK as a first pokemon, but a Level 9 Pidgeotto was pathetic. My Totodile was a Level 19 Croconaw by the time I took on that Gym, thinking it was going to be hard. 1 Hit KO. That is all I will say.

sonicisrad

^ Yes he is. ^
    Years
  • I say up the levels a smidgen. Start Faulkner off with a level 12 and 14 (like the rest of the 1st GL's) then just up the levels of all the other pokemons. I don't see why Kanto GL's pokemon need to be that much stronger, theres a reason they aren't the prime GL's in the GSC games. have 'em max out at like level 60. Lance still is meant to be the strongest no doubt? Don't have Kanto GL's be stronger than him. 'Cuz then they'll be champion right??

RaikaCastillo

Spark Javelin!!!
    Years
  • I agree that they were underleveled so I think they will raise the levels in these games. I hope that they will raise the levels of Falkner's Pokemon to Lv. 12 - 15.! Come on, a level 7 Pidgey and a level 9 Pidgeotto for the first gym.?

Or AT LEAST Level 10 as the lowest level

and make Kanto's gym Leaders with higher levels as well.

And Red....

All Level 100! I remember that Pikachu from hell. I want to see that Pikachu from hell as level 100! That would really kick ass. Yes I had trouble with his Pikachu the first time around because I was an impatient 16 year old with an extremely short attention span and I couldn't be bothered to level up a good Ground type and I didn't know that something like that was practiaclly necessary to beat the game because of that evil Pikachu in Red's Arsenal. Besides you had to drag TWO HM slaves around.

But yeah now that I can actually raise my low-level Karp into a Gyarados WITHOUT Rare Candy and Daycare, I would like to see Red with pokemon from levels 95-100. That would kick ASS!

TERRA#493

Competitive Battler
    Years
  • they sould make the Gym Leaders and the Elite 4 + Champ MUCH stronger, like in Platinum. the gameplay would be much challenging the player and that means more fun. but if gamefreak will it make is not sure, because of the nostalgic factor.. but i bet for it, that they will make the trainers harder

they sould make the Gym Leaders and the Elite 4 + Champ MUCH stronger, like in Platinum. the gameplay would be much challenging the player and that means more fun. but if gamefreak will it make is not sure, because of the nostalgic factor.. but i bet for it, that they will make the trainers harder

The nostalgic factor can be kept, but has it's limits. You can't do an exact new game, with improved graphics, but same plot, and even glitches.

A good form of keeping the nostalgic factor and improvements is increasing levels, but keeping the same pokemons, maybe change one, but the powerhouse of a gym leader(strongest pokemon) should bnever be replaced unless it evolves (national pokedex).

TERRA#493

Competitive Battler
    Years
  • The nostalgic factor can be kept, but has it's limits. You can't do an exact new game, with improved graphics, but same plot, and even glitches.

A good form of keeping the nostalgic factor and improvements is increasing levels, but keeping the same pokemons, maybe change one, but the powerhouse of a gym leader(strongest pokemon) should bnever be replaced unless it evolves (national pokedex).

yeah that would be the cleverest solution =)

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2016
    I'm guessing they will try to maintain the nostalgic level by making some Gyms under-leveled, and then increase some Gym's levels for difficulty purposes.

Years
  • I think they should give Whitney a Teddiursa and an Eevee to go with her Miltank. Falkner should be given a level 12 Noctowl and a level 9 Hoothoot. (Instead of a hacked Pidgeotto, he can have a hacked level 12 Noctowl.) Bugsy should have Scyther still, but also be given a Butterfree and a Beedrill (instead of Metapod and Kakuna). Morty definitely needs a Misdreavous instead of a second Haunter. Chuck needs one of the Hitmons, preferably Hitmontop (like someone else has mentioned). Jasmine was hard enough with her Steelix, however, they could add Skarmory to her roster like someone else has mentioned, though I would prefer Amphy. Pryce can have a Jynx or a Delibird instead of Seel. As for Clair, she could have 2 Dragonair, Kingdra, and a Gyarados.

(I'll think up ideas for the Elite Four later...)

I don't want it to be exactly the same, because I want somewhat of a challenge.

blueblur155

Proud American Citizen
    Years
  • i dont know....
    in some ways i want to see a lvl increase when u fight the elite 4 the first time and continue to let the lvls increase as u fight thru kanto. (hell, maybe kanto will actually have its OWN elite 4 this time around. Ok, who am i kidding? we all know that THAT cant happen!)

Pokedra

Retired
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2016
    I hope they'll level it up, at least if you get 16 badges. The E4 was too easy and so were the Kanto gym leaders.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    They will keep em low for Kanto purposes they might alter the pokemon hopefully evolve some pokemon :)

This can go both ways. They can raise the levels and have Pokémon rach close to the 80s and 90s. Or, they can keep them at low levels like in the original and end up raising them higher afterwards if a rematch comes to play. For me, I prefer them to raise the levels and give the game more of a challenge. I mean, if they raise the levels after, it'll be great, but there won't be a storyline with them anymore and you'll already have the badge. I'd rather they raise the levels earlier on to keep the game interesting. I wouldn't care if I lose a few times because they're too strong as that is all part of the fun to me. Also, if the levels get high, then so be it, because it'll be about time they reach close to the maximum level, besides it being through a Battle Tower or Facility. Things can go pretty much anyway how they choose it to be, but I'm hoping it'll have higher levels and more of a challenge when battling the Gyms and Elites. As for Red, he can have the lv. 100 Pikachu, I won't mind at all. He'll defintiely proclaim his title for having the strongest Pokémon in-game and will more than likely not lose it after that.

I think they should give Whitney a Teddiursa and an Eevee to go with her Miltank. Falkner should be given a level 12 Noctowl and a level 9 Hoothoot. (Instead of a hacked Pidgeotto, he can have a hacked level 12 Noctowl.) Bugsy should have Scyther still, but also be given a Butterfree and a Beedrill (instead of Metapod and Kakuna). Morty definitely needs a Misdreavous instead of a second Haunter. Chuck needs one of the Hitmons, preferably Hitmontop (like someone else has mentioned). Jasmine was hard enough with her Steelix, however, they could add Skarmory to her roster like someone else has mentioned, though I would prefer Amphy. Pryce can have a Jynx or a Delibird instead of Seel. As for Clair, she could have 2 Dragonair, Kingdra, and a Gyarados.

(I'll think up ideas for the Elite Four later...)

I don't want it to be exactly the same, because I want somewhat of a challenge.
    Almost all what you've said is what I thought and put in my word document, a few days ago -.-

Tediourse and eevee are both too weak to be on a 3rd gym leader. You want to remember Sinnoh's 3rd gym? Let's see:
    In D/P: Lucario, Machoke, Meditite.
    In Platinum: Mismagius, Haunter, Duskull.

Compare that to: Eevee, Miltank, Tediousa.

They're baby pokemon and are lguably weak and unevolved pokemon to be on a gym, specially the 3rd. Not in the 1st gym either.

Years
  • Almost all what you've said is what I thought and put in my word document, a few days ago -.-

Tediourse and eevee are both too weak to be on a 3rd gym leader. You want to remember Sinnoh's 3rd gym? Let's see:
    In D/P: Lucario, Machoke, Meditite.
    In Platinum: Mismagius, Haunter, Duskull.

Compare that to: Eevee, Miltank, Tediousa.

They're baby pokemon and are lguably weak and unevolved pokemon to be on a gym, specially the 3rd. Not in the 1st gym either.

I'm sorry. I don't think I remember reading your post. I'll read it now. Anyway, you should be happy that someone agrees with your ideas. :) & Yes I remember Platinum very well thank you very much. (I have better long term memory than short term.)

The reason why I chose Teddiursa, is because Whitney likes cute Pokemon and because it's a normal type. I did it for the cuteness factor, and it's a way for us to see it early in case there is wifi, we can obtain it before Blackthorn City. As for those pokemon being babyish, if anything, Teddiursa is more of a baby Pokemon, but it's still cute. I don't see Eevee as babyish. Besides, I chose Eevee, because Bill gives you an Eevee after you meet him in Ecruteak. Battling Whitney first would be like a sneak peek. Also, I chose it because some trainers in Platinum have the evolutions. For example, Volkner has a Jolteon. Yes, it's an evolution, but still. The Eevee I have in Silver has actually been very useful. (Especially with Shadow Ball.) If Whitney's Eevee had that attack (Which I doubt, because that's Morty's special move), it would be useful. Also, Normal types can learn many different types of moves, which makes it a little more of a challenge. I chose the Pokemon, because I want to see the Johto Gym Leaders to have Johto Pokemon, and less Kanto. (Eevee's just there b/c I like it. ;))

Aether

Preparing Emergency Food
    Years
  • They'll keep them low for nostalgia's sake probably. Meh... wasn't Lance's strongest pokemon a 50? D:

Aquilae

=))))))))88888888OOOOOOOO<
    Years
  • Just bar the player from going to Mahogany once he / she reaches Ecruteak. Part of the reason why the levels were kept low is that players could choose to go to either Olivine / Cianwood or Mahogany first, which warrants Pryces' pokemon being low-levelled as players would complain if it were otherwise. Then you can have a more linear progression and the levels wouldn't be hard to do.

I'd like it more if they made the trainers' pokemon level scale with your pokemons' level though.

Pan!ko

vibratingcat XD
    Years
  • I think they should make the levels a tad higher in the johto but make Kanto a challenge with even more higher level pokemon. But wasn't Red's strongest pokemon level 80 or something? Or am i just getting mixed up?

Just bar the player from going to Mahogany once he / she reaches Ecruteak. Part of the reason why the levels were kept low is that players could choose to go to either Olivine / Cianwood or Mahogany first, which warrants Pryces' pokemon being low-levelled as players would complain if it were otherwise. Then you can have a more linear progression and the levels wouldn't be hard to do.

I'd like it more if they made the trainers' pokemon level scale with your pokemons' level though.

Yeah, that was the problem. In this remake they should make something so that you can't go to the 7th gym before. That way they'll increase even more the 7th gym levels, and evolved pokemons.

Years
  • Actually, there is a guy blocking the Mahogany gym, so you can't battle Pryce yet. To get access to the gym, you have to go to the Lake of Rage and meet Lance and all that. But I see what you mean. Though, I wouldn't want Mahogany and the Lake of Rage blocked off completely, because what if you wanted to use Red Gyarados to battle Jasmine? They could keep the gym blocked by saying "Pryce is out training under a waterfall. He's not here; why don't you try to get the other badges first?" Even though I'm given the option of choosing between Olivine and Mahogany, I always choose Olivine first. XD

Spoiler:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back