• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HeartGold hack: HGSS Golden Edition

ZeoYT

The Cyber Sleuth
Years
  • Sadly this new update doesn't work on TwilightMenu for some reason. I've tried everything, but it just doesn't. If you have it, can you please leave the older version up for people to download?

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2022
    What are all the level changes for both Kanto and Johto gym leaders/elite four members/Red? I would like to do a nuzlocke but the most recent information for levels I've found rn are for johto gym leaders from 2015.

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2024
    @BlazingMagmar: Thanks for creating an awesome romhack. Really breathes in new life into a classic game. I'm going to attempt to apply the Fairy type patch since it's the only thing I'd like to add on top of what you've done. Thanks again!

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2024
    Sorry for not asking this in my previous post, but do you plan to implement pokémon pager system like you did with pokémon sour crystal? Love the idea of not having to sacrifice a slot or two just for hidden machines.

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2022
    If anyone has used heracross yet, what level does it learn close combat?

And where can I get dragon claw tm?
    Thanks

Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2022
    There have been several posts asking what the level curve patch does and zero answers that I can find. The first post says that it makes all levels more "streamlined" but that does not mean anything specific. Does it fix all the levels being flat like in the vanilla games?

Years
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    This hack looks very close to what I would want out of a HGSS hack. Thanks for making it. A few questions:

* Now that the linking cord has been introduced as a canon evolution item in Pokemon Legends: Arceus, would you consider replacing the covenant orb with it?
    * Would you consider making Leafeon, Glaceon, and Magnezone attainable through stone evolutions, as they are in BDSP?
    * Would it be possible to expand the Johto Pokedex with the newly available evolutions pre-Kanto?
    * It would be great if there was a way to obtain Celebi, like the GS ball event in Crystal. This would also make the event with Giovanni possible to access.
    * Similary, it would be nice if there was a way to get the other starters through an in-game event.

darthbr

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    My heracross is almost 50 and didnt learned close combat.. Why???? Its a important move

Is pokemon locations in pokedex updated? If not, do u have plans?

- why magmarizer inside ice path lol no sense xD

Voltaic ore. Why not electeirizer for magneton?

Cobenant orb isnt good name. Should be link stone

All legendáries are avaliable in one game?

- celebi event?

Last edited:

Jaizu

Average rom hacker
    Years
  • Is there any chance to have a release that uses Lyra? While I don't dislike Kris, I don't think those sprites are as good as official ones, no offense to who made them.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2022
    Hey so I am experiencing an issue with SoulSilver. For some reason, the game goes to a red screen crash sometimes when I enter/exit buildings or battles. HeartGold works perfectly fine, but SoulSilver has this issue entirely. I tried the game out normally without the patch and it works fine, so its no doubt in my mind the patch. Loading it specifically through NDS Bootstrap.

Years
    • Seen May 12, 2023
    Have you thought about adding the HM change that SpagoAsparago added to Platinum for their "PlatinumQoL" hack? Basically, almost every HM can be used without it needing to be taught to a Pokemon in the party.

Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2022
    I made BoxArts for this games, Let me know what you think.
    hGI6zqz.png

Ksb0eLF.png

Back